Dr. Michael Gordon, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. Gordon

Newport Orthopedic Institute

19582 Beach Blvd Ste 306 Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Dr. Michael Gordon, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Huntington Beach, CA. He graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University and specializes in minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

At a glance

• Hospital satisfaction . Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Good communication . Patients said there was good doctor communication at the hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Gordon accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Gordon has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(949) 722-7038Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Gordon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gordon's Top Procedures and Conditions

Thoracic Spine Fracture

Dr. Gordon treats Thoracic Spine Fracture more than 100% of his peers

Pathological Spine Fracture

Dr. Gordon treats Pathological Spine Fracture more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Gordon treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoporotic Spine Fractures

• Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

4.0

Dr. Gordon?
Dr. Gordon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Gordon, MD
Dr. Gordon (and Ivy) performed minimally invasive back surgery on me to relieve the symptoms of my spinal stenosis and spondylolistheses. Nobody wants back surgery but when you must have it, Dr. Gordon is your man. I went to Dr. Gordon for a second opinion when I was told I would need surgery. I found him to be very caring and took his time explaining everything in detail. The after care was also exceptional and his office is in constant contact. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Gordon to anyone in need of spine care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
I feel very fortunate to have had Dr. Gordon perform my spinal surgery. I have had pain or varying degree running down the right side of my leg since 2012. The pain eventually became unbearable. Less than three weeks after my spinal fusion I walked four miles with absolutely no pain. I wish that I had the surgery in 2012. Some may find Dr. Gordon's authoritative demeanor off putting, but I always found his honesty refreshing. I never doubted that he cared about me or wasn't going to do his best to give me the part of my life back that I had lost due to the constant pain running down my right side. Less than a month after surgery, I am hopeful that I will be able to return to the activities in the gym and on the golf course that I love most. Dr. Gordon has given me a chance to have that life back without the pain. If my spouse, sibling, mother, father, or best friend were in need of a spinal fusion/decompression, this is the guy I would want to perform the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon will only do fusion of protruding discs, and won't even consider anterior foraminotomy (spinal decompression). He's rude and sarcastic and burnt out. He hides behind his Physician's Assistant, and you don't get to see him until right before your surgery. Horrible man. He should retire.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
Dr.Gordon performed surgery on me for sciatica which included removing a lot of bone to release peripheral nerves. The problem is, I had a herniated disc, no sciatic issues. No only did he perform the wrong surgery, he removed so much bone that within 6 months my lower spine collapsed and left my cord only a minuscule area of 5mm in which to pass. This could only be improved slightly with surgery done by a neurosurgeon. I am left in constant pain. Permanent nerve damage. He is truly dangerous!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
I was seen by a different orthopedic Dr in 2016 and he recommended that I have 5 discs replaced in my back. I did my research and decided to give Dr Gordon a try. After testing and and an MRI he told me I didn't need to have the discs replaced i just needed to have spinal stenosis surgery. Well on Sept 13, 2017 I had the 4 hour surgery at Hoag Orthopedic Hospital and after 3 months of recuperation and physical therapy, I feel GREAT!!! I recommend Dr Gordon and his staff to anyone in ortho pain
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
Good diagnosis and treatment for spinal injury. Surgery was a positive experience and result. I believe the best care & results available anywhere. Dr. G has a good team to provide professional care... Dave K Huntington Beach, CA
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon gave me all of my options to deal with my sciatica and lower back pain. These conditions had plagued me for three years, and he and I agreed on a strategy that eventually culminated with a minimally invasive spinal surgery. Now nearly three months later, I feel the best I have felt in many years. I owe Dr. Gordon and his staff immeasurable thanks. He is excellent at his profession, and his calm demeanor certainly helps, particularly when I was understandably anxious about the process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
DR GORDON WAS PROFESSIONAL AND TOP NOTCH WHEN I HAD MY SPINE OPERATION. THE SURGERY WAS A GREAT SUCCESS. I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS SINCE HAVING SURGERY. I FEEL HE TAKES THE TIME TO GO OVER EVERYTHING AND FOLOWS UP AFTER SURGERY. ITS BEEN 10 WEEKS AND I AM HEALING VERY WELL.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
Doctor Gordon and Ivey are very professional and competent. They treated me for a herniated disc and 2 surgeries. Both are very kind and compassionate. Dr. Gordon does a great job of answering questions and explaining things. So does Ivey. Doctor Safman and Naomi treated me for chronic pain prior to the back surgeries described above. They were also professional and competent. They too did an excellent job of explaining things to me as well.
Dr Gordon repair my neck on 4,5,6,7 and I had no pain
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gordon?

I believe in spinal surgery as the last resort in a comprehensive care plan. However, spinal surgery is vital to good patient outcome particularly in cases of progressive neurologic deficits, severe pain, failure of conservative care, and severely abnormal diagnostic studies. I have an excellent history of good documented long term results.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

1981
1977

Memberships & Affiliations

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gordon treats patients.

88% Patient experience rating, 19% higher than the national average

• America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2018)

83% Patient experience rating, 14% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)