Dr. Michael Gooch, MD

Dr. Michael Gooch, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. Michael Gooch, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Gooch has extensive experience in Neurocritical Care Disorders. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Bryn Mawr Hospital. His office is not accepting new patients.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals3998 Red Lion Rd Ste 213 Philadelphia, PA 19114
New Patient?

Neurosurgery909 Walnut St Fl 2 Philadelphia, PA 19107
New Patient?

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Dr. Gooch's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gooch

Dr. Gooch

Excellent! From considering myself healthy as a horse (75 yr. old female) in January of 2021 I had a TIA which lasted maybe an hour. My local hospital in Delaware (Sussex Co.) did Scans and, I think, MRI and next thing I knew on my way via ambulance to Thomas Jefferson hos, Philadelphia where I was met by Dr. Michael Reed Gooch. He explained I had three aneurysms needing repair. This young man immediately instilled confidence and a sense of safety. He went on to repair all three aneurysms, treating me from January through April. He and his team were, are incredible, compassionate, informative, patient and excellent with other family members, keeping everyone informed. I would and will heartily recommend both Dr. Gooch and Jefferson Hospital to anyone in need. Doctors, their teams, nurses, staff in general....I feel most fortunate to have the care they provided. Thank you all, so much.
Agnes C. Cleveland – Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gooch, MD?
Dr. Gooch is a spectacular doctor and definitely one of the best neurosurgeons in the area. My dad suffered a sudden aneurysm two years ago and was brought to Jefferson Hospital. However, Dr. Gooch's successful surgery saved my dad's life. As of today, after treatment and rehab, he's very healthy and appears like he didn't experience an aneurysm at all. I am forever thankful for Dr. Gooch. He handled the situation incredibly well, answering all of my family's questions and gave us plenty of support throughout the process.
William Ting – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gooch, MD?
There are people out there who truly impact and change your life and Dr. Gooch is one of them. I was a 45 y/o woman who presented with a brain bleed while on vacation. Dr. Gooch was in immediate contact with my husband reviewing all options from the minute I stepped foot into the helicopter. His compassion and approach were absolutely amazing. Intelligent, considerate and an extremely thorough neurosurgeon. Life saving. Life altering. My family and I are eternally grateful to have been in his care and he is forever etched into our lives! Alisa Jackson Philadelphia, PA
A.Jackson – Apr 17, 2020
Hello there, it's stories like yours that really...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gooch, MD?
I’m an AVM Survivor, thanks to Dr.Gooch my family and I see him as what we call my “Life saver” Dr.Gooch is very very trustworthy and makes sure his patients are giving the best care as much as possible. He is a Great Doctor all around and I appreciate the work he has done for me along with other patients as well. :) :)
Kiara Montero – Mar 07, 2020
We really appreciate your feedback! Thank you,...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gooch, MD?
A great doctor! Can’t thank you enough for helping my son. Very caring , and answered all my questions , and took time out to talk to me , which meant the world to me . Thanks from Candice and Shane Coon for all you did for us .
Candice Coon in Oxford, NJ – May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gooch, MD?
There are honestly not enough stars available to rate Dr. Gooch....Excellent is an understatement...we first met him in August 2018, when our Mother suffered a devastating ruptured brain aneurysm resulting in a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage. Dr. Gooch was her treating physician, but in our eyes, he was her "life saving" physician. He was there for her every step of the way and for us, her family and still is. Knowledgeable, Confident, Kind, Compassionate....most definitely an amazing doctor!!!
Amy Szewczak Mayer in Philadelphia, PA – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gooch, MD?
Words cannot even describe how thankful I am for Dr Gooch. He saved my mother's life after she suffered a grade 5 aneurysm rupture in Aug 2018. He is not only an excellent physician, he is an outstanding human being. My family and I are beyond grateful for the care he has given to our mom. I would give him a million stars if that were an option! Thank you Dr Gooch from the bottom of our hearts!! The Szewczak family
Susan szewczak in Philadelphia , PA – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gooch, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gooch?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Frequently Treated by Dr. Gooch

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Gooch treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Gooch treats other conditions, please contact the office at (215) 253-6583.

Neurocritical Care Disorders

Neurocritical care specialists diagnose and treat severe and life-threatening neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain tumor, and traumatic brain injuryCompare with other Neurocritical Care Disorders specialists.

Dr. Gooch is experienced in the area of Neurocritical Care Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Dr. Gooch's conditions and procedures:

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Aneurysm
  • Aneurysm Clipping
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Brain
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Gooch accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Gooch has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(215) 259-5822Find providers who accept this insurance