Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Michael Glassner, MD
Dr. Glassner is a founding partner of Main Line Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. He is the Medical Director for Main Line Fertility Center, the Division Head of Infertility for Main Line Health Systems, and the founding Director of the Center for Reproductive Medicine at Bryn Mawr Hospital. Additionally, Dr. Glassner is a clinical professor at Drexel University College of Medicine and a clinical educator at Jefferson Medical College. He is a member of the leading professional organizations and serves on the professional advisory board of a number of organizations. Dr. Glassner graduated from Albany Medical College after completing both college and medical school in a Combined Six Year Medical Educational Program. He attended the residency program at The Medical College of Pennsylvania and subsequently carried out his fellowship in Reproductive Medicine and Infertility at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Glassner has since treated infertility patients in private practice for 25 years, providing care to patients locally, nationally, and internationally. Dr. Glassner has authored more than 45 scientific and professional articles. His experience and research has led to scientific breakthroughs in the treatment of infertility. Dr. Glassner is responsible for the first pregnancy and live birth using early screen with Next Generation Sequencing in the world. Dr. Glassner has been recognized as a "Top Doctor" by Philadelphia Magazine and by Main Line Today for many years. He was Philadelphia Magazine "Top Doctor" in 2002, 2004, 2009-2016. He was Main Line Today magazine "Top Doctor" in 2001, 2006, 2007, 2010-2014. Dr. Glassner was also awarded "Top Doctor in America" by the prestigious Castle Connolly Medical, Ltd. He was recognized as one of the best infertility physicians in the Delaware Valley by the nationally recognized Consumers Checkbook. Dr. Glassner has additionally been featured as a medical expert on ABC's 20/20, NBC, CBS, Fox 29 News, The Doctors TV Show, Action News as well as The Discovery Health Network and CN8.

MAIN LINE FERTILITY

• Guardian
  • Keystone Health Plan East
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Glassner

Dr Glassner is known for his compassionate and individualized care. He believes patients are partners in their health, and avoids splintering of care. He is available 7 days a week.

Dr. Glassner's Experience

Dr. Glassner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Galactorrhoea - Hyperprolactinaemia
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Infertility
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

• Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Ovary Tissue Cryopreservation
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation Reversal
  • Ultrasound, Pelvic
  • Ultrasound, Transvaginal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Union College (Part Of Accelerated 6 Year Medical Program)
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Med College Penn Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Glassner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Glassner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Glassner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Glassner to family and friends
Dr. Glassner's Performance
in Broomall, PA |
Dr. Glassner, despite all of his accolades and achievements, is 100% down to earth and personable. He does not sugar-coat your diagnosis, but gives you his honest opinion on your chances to conceive. He is confident and skillful at making you comfortable in the unhappy world of infertility. The staff is wonderful; no phone call went un-returned and no question left unanswered. It was bittersweet to "graduate" from their office to my OB. I'd have liked to spend my whole pregnancy with them.
Bryn Mawr, PA |
Dr. Glassner and the entire team at Mainline Fertility are wonderful. He is very professional. He clearly explains the reason for your infertility and offers the best course of action. The nurses are AMAZING! Dr. Glassner and the rest of the team genuinely care and want to help couples who have infertility issues. I thankfully achieved a pregnancy after my first round of IVF at Mainline Fertility.
Philadelphia, PA |
My husband and I had been trying for 6 months and then tried MLF. Our first child we achieved with in 3 cycles. He is now 2 and doing well. We decided to go back for a second at 41 and I achieved a pregnancy with my daughter in one cycle with clomid. I am now 43 and want another. I recently had a miscarriage we were not trying it just happened and it made me want another child. We are greatfull and thankful to God for Dr. Glassener and the staff of MLF. They are very good and knowledgeable
Harmony, PA |
Dr. Glassner is very to the point and professional. You can tell he genuinely cares about the patient and is passionate about helping couples who have infertility issues.
in Glenolden pa |
I was a patient of dr glassner and I must say he is amazing he made me feel so comfortable and helped me achieve something I never thought I could now I am expecting a twin boy and girl due in June!
in Woodlyn, PA |
Dr. Glassner, Rachel Pruett, and the entire team at Mainline Fertility are the best in the business. He's thorough, the office staff are warm & caring, and they get you RESULTS! He told me he'd have me pregnant in 6 mos, and he did it in 4 (after 4 years of trying w/o assistance). Sadly, that pregnancy failed, but as soon as we were able to try again, I was pregnant within 4 more months. Now at 10w2d, I just graduated. I plan to go back when we try for number 2. Wouldn't go anywhere else!
Clark, NJ |
No one better or more knowledgeable. He made our dreams come true.
Wayne, PA |
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Glassner and the entire staff at Main Line Fertility. He helped us conceive our first child three years ago, and we are now expecting our second. Both times, it was a long road and we could have easily given up, but Dr. Glassner provided the guidance and support we needed to keep going - and we're so glad we did. I recommend him to anyone having trouble getting pregnant. He is a wonderful doctor, and for me, truly was a miracle worker.
in Southampton, pa |
After a false start with another fertility practice due to an over complicated system and exorbitant costs. We were on the verge of giving up. Then a nurse friend recommended Dr Glassner and Womens's Health Care Group of PA, Main Line Fertility Division. At 51 and 55 years old we had even more fears then most couples. From the first meeting with the staff and doctor, we were at ease. We started the beginning of July and we are 10 weeks pregnant! Thank you Dr G for making our dreams come true!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Glassner and his staff made my wife feel like she was the only patient in his practice. He took the time to explain every step in detail and answer all questions that we had regarding the procedure. It is rare to find a first class doctor with an excellent bedside manner, I could not be more satisfied with our experience.
in Downingtown, PA |
Dr. Glassner is a top notch doctor with the perfect balance of compassion, professionalism, humor and candidness. Likewise is his P.A Rachel, along with the team of nurses who bring a whole new meaning to brilliance. We have been patients of MLF for 5 years. We are amazed at how passionate Dr. Glassner is about his work, how hard he works and how he is always at the forefront w/ treating infertility. Looking back over the years, through the ups and downs, we wouldn't change a thing. A+ Doctor.
Collegeville, PA |
I am expecting my second baby - all thanks to Dr. Glassner. After having my daughter, I experienced 3 missed miscarriages and underwent lot of hearbreak! During out first visit itself, Dr. Glassner made us very comfortable and assured us that we had a high chance of success. After a year of trying fertility meds and failing, Dr. Glassner recommended we go for IVF. He also prescribed me meds on prophylactic basis and it helped a lot. I highly recommend him to anyone who has fertility issues
Clifton Heights, PA |
My husband and I became patients of Dr Glassner in February 2014. We completed one round of IVF which resulted in 3 viable embryos. We transferred one fresh and now have a happy and healthy 13 month old son. We recently transferred a frozen embryo and are currently in our second trimester. The staff is very friendly, personable and knowledgeable and I would highly recommend this practice to anyone.
in Narberth, PA |
Please reconsider seeing Dr.Glassner, and Main Line Fertility. In addition to being treated like a part on a factory line, I was bombarded with tests before Dr.Glassner had ever met me. This included genetic tests that were completely uncalled for (b/c of space limits I cannot elaborate). A bill was sent to my insurance for $4K+ for a blood test. Main Line Fertility receives profits from Good Start Genetics, which then bills your insurance the max amount. It is a disgusting scam.
We are sorry that you feel this way. Main Line Fertility takes great pride in the care given to our patients. All patients are offered genetic screening as recommended by ACOG and ACMG for preconception counseling. A cost estimate is given prior and patients are given the option to accept or decline the testing. If a patient has any concerns we encourage them to talk directly to the staff. MLF does not receive profit for this testing and to suggest otherwise is erroneous and slanderous.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Glassner, MD?

See our Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Glassner