Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Gillman, MD
#1 Joint Replacement Surgeon out of 16 surgeons for all hospital joint replacements over a 3 year period as per Stryker Analytics. Dr Gillman is the #1 lowest cost provider $3K less then the average surgeon in the group. Dr Gillman had the #1 lowest length of hospital stay 1.4 day average as compared to 2.8 day length of stay group average, #1 lowest readmission rate after joint replacement 4% compared to 8.7% group average, #1 lowest discharge to skilled nursing 15% (highest discharge directly home) as compared to 28% group average. Dr Gillman is a pioneer in patient-specific and outpatient total joint replacement. His patent protected Bullseye Instruments and patient-specific hip replacement technique have been validated by Professor Alister Hart, the World's preeminent academic hip replacement surgeon to be 90% more accurate then standard technique in hip replacement.

Orange County office

1120 W La Veta Ave Ste 300

Orange, CA 92868

Dr. Michael Gillman, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Husky Health

Learn about Dr. Gillman

I attempt to take care of problems without surgery whenever possible. My goal is to get patients back to their desired activity level as soon as reasonably possible.

Dr. Gillman's Experience

Dr. Gillman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• Stanford University

• Alpha Omega Alpha, 1993
  • Vitals.com Patient's Choice Award, 2011
  • Vitals.com Compassionate Doctor Award, 2011
  • Avvo.com Superb Rating, 2012

Dr. Gillman has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Gillman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gillman to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Gillman's Performance
in Anaheim |
Unfortunately, this doctor did not listen to even 5% of the words he even allowed me to say. He constantly interrupted me, not allowing me to even explain my injury or history of injury to get a proper prognosis and professional opinion. In fact, he tried telling me that I can cycle or swim while I wait for my knee to heal. So kind of him to suggest I cycle, when I can't even walk more than 500 feet without crutches or bear weight on the right leg while bending my knee. This almost 6 weeks post
I apologize you don't feel you were able to give me a full 20 yr history in the time available.I try my best to explain diagnoses & ALL treatment options as I patiently did TWICE for you! A month after injury,crutches and brace are generally not helpful- indeed counterproductive for most soft tissue injuries of the knee. P.T. and swim/bike are helpful usually even if painful. Quick fixes aren't often feasible. Surgery is not always the best answer! I take pride in giving my best advice to all.
in Laguna Woods, CA |
Dr. Gillman is A+ in my book. He did a posterial hip replacement on me and I feel better than I have in a year. He is professional and kind and cares about his patients. I would not hesitate to recommend him for any orthopedic procedure.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
I had a knee replacement performed by Dr. Gillman on January 20, 2016. After more than a year of chronic pain, I'm now scheduled to have revision surgery. Apparently, the prosthetic is loose. I saw Dr. Gillman several times over a five month period following the surgery. He cited other reasons for the pain and prescribed medications as treatment. His final recommendation was for me to have nerve blocks administered by a pain management doctor. In other words, treat the symptoms not the cause.
Sorry you did not have a good outcome. Even the best surgeons have 10-20 percent of patients not satisfied with their outcome from a knee replacement surgery. The Hospital system in which I work used Stryker Analytics to evaluate every joint replacement performed by every surgeon objectively over a period of 3 years. I was pleased to be ranked #1 out of the 16 providers in the four main categories:lowest readmission rate, shortest hospital stay (1/2 group average) highest dc home, lowest cost MD
in Tustin ca |
Outstanding service by Dr Gillmam and his staff Dr Gillmam and his staff made me fell very comfortable before surgery he went over what I could except after surgery I would recommend Dr Gillmam
in Laguna Hills, CA |
I had arthroscopic shoulder surgery exactly 3 weeks ago today. At my 2 week checkup, I was doing better than expected and much better than before the surgery. I work in the veterinary field and I use my shoulder A LOT. I was very concerned going into the surgery that I'd be really limited in regards to work. I can say my shoulder is at 90% and improving everyday. I don't even need physical therapy. Dr. Gillman has a wonderful bedside manner, very efficient and dare I say miracle worker?
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
I had a knee replacement with Dr. Gillman in October 2016. He told me by three months I would be walking without a walker or a cane. I have been thrilled with my recovery and was walking on my own on the 17th day after surgery. I wish I would have done this earlier, I feel like a new person. I thank Dr. Gillman for his total professionalism, excellent care and would recommend him to all my friends and family. I also had an excellent experience at St. Joseph's Mission Hospital in Laguna Beach.
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
I have been seeing doctor Gillman for a couple of years now. He is honestly an excellent diagnostician and surgeon, having fixed one of my elbows. He is always on time for his appointments and displays a good bedside manner when speaking to me. He is compassionate, empathetic and professional at all times. I have recommended him several times to family and friends!
in Orange, CA |
Large office, good staff, professional, keeps abreast of all new techniques. Restore orthopedics and spine center, they have an urgent care office as well which is a walkin urgent care. Having had 3 knee operations over 30 yrs ago, 1 on left knee and 2 on right. Right knee is pretty close to being shot and needing knee replacement, they have all the equipment needed X-rays, MRI and surgery procedure center. I will post again after follow up, heck, Mir scheduled next week and surgery scheduled
in Orange, CA |
dr gillman treated me with respect and the surgery came out very well.the facility is 1st class,very welcoming whenever you go there plus easy parking.i recommend him and his staff 100%.thanks again for your efforts. Robert broughton city of orange
in Laguna Beach, CA |
I saw Dr. Gilman numerous times over the past 5 years for several conditions. He has one admirable quality--timeliness. But that quality has a major downside--he's rushed to the point of brusqueness. And that brusqueness has sometimes yielded serious negative consequences. I've also found him to be insensitive in dealing with me when I needed to make important medical decisions. Overall, of the many doctors i've seen in my life, i'd say that Dr. Gillman is the only one i'd never go back to.
in Dana Point, CA |
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy my total knee replacement went. Relatively little pain, one night in the hospital and went home to stairs the next day. I was back on the golf course in six weeks. Rode a cart of course, but able to get out there. I probably waited too long to have the surgery, but from the first visit Dr. Gillman said you'll know when it's time. There's a good possibility that my other knee will need replacement and if so, I won't wait so long this time.
in Los Alamitos, CA |
This was my second knee replacement, first one went extremely well this was actually easier and less painful than the first. I knew exactly what was going to happen and I was out of the hospital in one day. Recovery went great and I was up and walking with a walker in 3 days. Dr Gillman did a great job.
in Laguna Beach CA |
Doctor Gillman gave me a new Right Knee replacement! I was back to work with a cane after 21 days. Had no pain, and minor muscle cramps and spasms that physical therapy could handle. I am extremely pleased with the treatment I Received I wish there wee more sincere words to say other than THANK YOU DOC! I feel human again and pain free!
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Wonderful doctor, takes the time to answer all your questions. Gives the patient all their options so they can make their decision.
in Mission Viejo. Ca |
I like Dr Gillman no nonsense approach Never have to wait for more than 2 minutes to see him Great Doc. ??. Kathy
in Laguna Beach, CA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Gillman's since 2006, and had both knees replaced in November 2015. Prior to total replacements, he treated me with injections and a simple surgery in 2007. He was always clear with me that I would eventually need total replacements, but that I would tell him when I needed surgery; he would not tell me. He always is current on the latest treatments and procedures. He even had a joint replacement that was rated for 30 years, so I will never need surgery again!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Gillman, MD?

Visit Dr. Gillman

Dr. Gillman accepts 26 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)