Dr. Michael Gauthier, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Chesapeake Bay Pain Medicine 329 Edwin Dr # 100 Virginia Beach, VA 23462 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Gauthier, MD
I am a native of the area who took the long route to becoming a medical doctor. I did not go directly to college after graduating from Norfolk Catholic High School in 1977. Instead, I entered and completed a 4 year apprenticeship with the Department of the Navy graduating as a Sheet Metal Mechanic. I was in the Civil Service working on the F-14 Tomcat and A-6 Intruder at Norfolk Naval Air Station.I resigned from the position in August 1982 to begin at Old Dominion University and quickly acknowledged my desire to go into medicine. I graduated in 1986 with honors and started my medical degree at the Medical College of Virginia. It was while working in the blood gas lab in the operating rooms at nights that I developed my interest in anesthesia. I graduated in 1990 and headed off to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. After my 1 year internship in medicine, I completed another 3 years of anesthesia training. I became interested in pain management as a senior resident. I graduated from my anesthesia residency in 1994 and went west to the University of Utah for a 1 year pain management fellowship. I graduated in 1995. I enjoyed working in the academic environment and went on to obtain a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Utah. I left academics after 2 years and went to work with Millcreek Anesthesia at Saint Mark's Hospital in Salt Lake City. The call of family had us return to Virginia in 2002. I opened Chesapeake Bay Pain Medicine, PC in 2007.

Dr. Gauthier's Care Philosophy

While I have been involved in pain management since 1995, I opened my practice here in Virginia Beach in 2007. My practice of medicine is simple in scope. I perform only injection therapy and strive to be the very best in the Chesapeake Bay area. By concentrating on injections in and around the spine, I have a very strong experience in this part of the body. I treat disorders of the neck and back that cause pain.

Dr. Gauthier's Experience

See how Dr. Gauthier's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gauthier

Dr. Gauthier accepts 30 insurance carriers

Dr. Gauthier is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gauthier has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gauthier's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gauthier to family and friends
Dr. Gauthier's Performance
in Moyock, NC |
I was referred to Dr. Gauthier for treatment of pain secondary to cervical and lumbar stenosis. Dr. Gauthier was able to successfully treat my pain and make suggestions for a healthier lifestyle.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I really like Dr. Gauthier because he is gentle and speake out the procedure as he performs it. That make me feel very comfortable. I would hihgly recommend him to any one with back pain. Thank you so much Dr. Gauthier.
in Hampton, VA |
Dr. Gauthier and his staff are amazing. I feel like they always put my needs first. He explains the procedure to ease any fears I might have. I spent years unable to raise my arm or turn my head. Thanks to his treatment, I am able to turn my head/lift for the first time in years. It's nice to be pain-free for once. I would definitely recommend him to anyone suffering from chronic pain.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Gauthier, MD?
Are you Dr. Gauthier?

Compare Dr. Gauthier

Dr. Gauthier says...

I am a native of the area who took the long route to becoming a medical doctor.  I did not go directly to college after graduating from Norfolk Catholic High School in 1977.  Instead, I entered and completed a 4 year apprenticeship with the Department of the Navy graduating as a Sheet Metal Mechanic.  I was in the Civil Service working on the F-14 Tomcat and A-6 Intruder at Norfolk Naval Air Station.I resigned from the position in August 1982 to begin at Old Dominion University and quickly acknowledged my desire to go into medicine.  I graduated in 1986 with honors and started my medical degree at the Medical College of Virginia.  It was while working in the blood gas lab in the operating rooms at nights that I developed my interest in anesthesia.  I graduated in 1990 and headed off to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.  After my 1 year internship in medicine, I completed another 3 years of anesthesia training.  I became interested in pain management as a senior resident.  I graduated from my anesthesia residency in 1994 and went west to the University of Utah for a 1 year pain management fellowship.  I graduated in 1995.  I enjoyed working in the academic environment and went on to obtain a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Utah.  I left academics after 2 years and went to work with Millcreek Anesthesia at Saint Mark's Hospital in Salt Lake City.  The call of family had us return to Virginia in 2002.  I opened Chesapeake Bay Pain Medicine, PC in 2007.

Dr. Gauthier's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gauthier's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Gauthier has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gauthier's Board Certifications

Completed in 1995

Old Dominion University 1986

Graduated in 1986

• Other Education
    University Of Utah Masters Of Business Admin.

Completed in 1998

Dr. Gauthier does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gauthier and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine