Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD
Please contact me at michaelgallizzimd at gmail dot com for questions, referrals or follow up care

Dr. Gallizzi's Experience

See how Dr. Gallizzi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gallizzi

Dr. Gallizzi accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Gallizzi is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gallizzi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gallizzi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gallizzi to family and friends
    Dr. Gallizzi's Performance
    in Aurora, CO |
    Dr. Gallizzi and Heather give you the best care you are going to get. They work together to do what needs to be done. Following there directions, I have had great results. Do yourself a favor and get a second opinion from them, you will love the results.
    in Castle Rock, CO |
    Dr. Gallizzi is the most compassionate and talented surgeon I have met. His concern for the well being of his patients is the highest I have seen. When another surgeon told me I would lose all functioning in my arm if I didn't have surgery immediately, Dr. Gallizzi offered other solutions to delay it until it was better for me personally. He goes above and beyond to minimize your pain and expedite your recovery. I am 100% pain free after my neck fusion. He is the only surgeon I would see again!
    in Denver, CO |
    When no other surgeon would listen to me, or take a chance to fix my spine that caused me 24 hours of pain a day, Dr. Gallizzi did. He performed two surgeries and stabilized my spine. I have already weaned off of all the horrible narcotics the pain specialists had me on, the same physicians who would have kept me hooked on narcotics for a lifetime had I not been shown my way to Dr. Gallizzi by the hand of God. All I wanted in life was freedom from the pain and the narcotics. Finally free!!!
    in Colorado Springs |
    I needed extensive lumbar reconstructive surgery, and after getting four opinions from different doctors, I chose Dr. Gallizzi based on his explanation of the procedure and his willingness to answer all my questions. The surgery went exceptionally well, and I was back to work in almost no time. A friend had the same procedure a few months earlier with the first surgeon I spoke with, and he said his recovery was 5 weeks of 'sheer hell.' I'm happy to say I didn't have a single day of hell.
    in Fort Colins, CO |
    Dr. Gallizzi is a skilled, approachable, and compassionate doctor. I have had several back surgeries and by far, this is the greatest care in my journey. He is not pushy or abrasive as I have seen with other back surgeons. He is conservative when it come to surgery and lays out all options which empowers the patient to make the best choice for themselves. His techniques are the most technologically advanced which really minimized my recovery time and further damage to my back. He's incredible!
    in Breckenridge, co |
    When I first met Dr.Gallizzi, I was absolutely terrified and still fighting the idea of having back surgery. He couldn't believe I had walked in and wasn't in a wheel chair by the way my MRI looked. I had ruptured my L4L5 and had been in excruciating pain for months, at 31 the last thing I wanted was back surgery..needless to say Dr.Gallizzi & his team of drs gave me my life back 100%. I am so thankful
    in Thornton |
    He listened after years of my doctors not hearing me, and there were many, he listened. He was explicit with the details of my treatment and I am pleased with the results after15 years of pain. One surgery down and one to go! Glad he is doing them both. Thank you!
    in Lakewood, CO |
    I had a lumbar fusion and spacers put in to hold things in place. The surgery went well and I have had very little pain since the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Gallizze and if I ever had to have any other surgery in his area of expertise I would not hesitate to go back to him. I have recommended him to 3 people at work already and will continue to do so. I was only out 8 weeks from the surgery and am doing great.
    in Northglenn, Colorado |
    Dr. Gallizzi has saved my LIFE!!! In April he and his associates performed a lengthy and detailed spine surgery for correcting Scoliosis. I was in horrendous pain and desperate to be and feel normal again. I am 4 months out and living life without the pain that kept me from being a good wife, mom and friend! I thank you Dr. Gallizzi from the depths of my soul THANK YOU!!!
    in Sterling, CO |
    After seeing several doctors who gave me few answers and missed diagnosis I was grateful to find Dr. Gallizzi. He not only dianosed my anterior interosseous nerve syndrome but directed me to a specialist who specifically treats arms and hands. Because of Dr. Gallizzi's knowledge and care, I'm now on the road to recovery. Thanks Dr. G!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Gallizzi is a warrior poet with the scalpel. If you want a true professional that truly cares for his patients, do yourself a favor and place your trust in Gallizzi. Pain free for the first time in 18 years! Wowza.
    in Aurora, CO |
    Dr Gallizzi provided specific options for my back condition. I knew before going into surgery what to expect as far as the procedure,recovery and what some of my limitations would be. There were no surprizes and after 3 months I feel better than I had in years. I had spinal fusion on 5 vertebrae, rods cages screws. A lot of hardware was put in. I am now walking miles rather than feet and my mental attitude is great. Recovery was no walk in the park but well worth it
    in Denver, CO |
    I met Dr. Gallizzi on a Friday and had microdiscectomy surgery for a large L5 S1 herniated disc on a Tuesday the next week. I had taken the conservative route for months, but realized I needed surgery. Dr. Gallizzi is a true professional - an expert, confident, and passionate about relieving his patients' pain. He explains things in analogies for the layman and has a great sense of humor too. He is a perfectionist who goes the extra mile (and hours in my case) to do it right. He is GREAT!
    in Brighton, CO |
    Dr. Gallizzi is a very good surgeon and he believes in taking the time with patients and family members to make sure they understand what is going on with their health and the procedures being used.
    in Denver, CO |
    I met with another surgeon previously, and had a terrible experience. It was refreshing to see Dr. Gallizzi, who listened to my concerns and acted on them. He's also very skilled at the surgery part! My scar is tiny, and I only have pain because I failed to listen to his sound advice. And when he learned that, he reminded me to behave but did not make me feel like I had failed and would be in pain forever. Skills + kindness = winning surgeon!
    in Denver, CO |
    Dr. Gallizzi was a gift from GOD! My mom was 90 +years old with spontaneous fractures to her vertebra, she was lying on his exam bed in great pain, unable to show him what an amazing lady she once was before all the pain and pain medications. Dr. Gallizzi took the time to assess my mom as well as to listen to me that she still had so much to offer the world at 90 +. He was willing to perform Kyphoplasty surgery and to offer my mom the gift of recovery and be that amazing 90+ lady again! Thank U!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Gallizzi is a great doctor. He was informative, encouraging, and life changing. My appointments were always on time and speedy. I am so grateful for my physical health back and highly recommend Dr. Gallizzi.
    Highlands Ranch, CO |
    I'm a law enforcement professional and also in the military. I've been dealing with back injuries off and on for the last 7years. Dr. Gallizzi was the first doctor that I saw that actually took the time to sit down and listen to my symptoms and concerns. Due to my profession he knew how important it was to me to hit a home run and fix my back once and for all. We had the MRI done in one week, surgery two weeks later and within 12 weeks, I am back to work feeling great. He's the best!!!!!!!!
    in Littleton, CO |
    I was referred to Dr. Gallizzi by my Primary Care Doctor. I had no idea what to expect but all I knew for certain was that I was very nervous and somewhat scared at the thought I had to see a Spine Specialist. Within no more than 10 minutes speaking with Dr. Gallizzi, my fears and concerns had vanished and I completely understood what my surgery entailed as well as recovery time. He explained everything in a way that was easy to understand and made me feel like I was his most important patient.
    in Aurora, Colorado |
    I am 39, a mother of 7, and an athlete. I push my body to the limit every day. I came to Dr. Gallizzi after 5 weeks of extrordinary pain which had not resolved itself. Two ER Docs, a specialist, and a physical therapist could not identify the problem. Dr. Gallizzi was swift in his diagnosis and solution. Suddenly the source of pain was obvious. I found Dr. Gallizzi to be compassionate and very personable, and the confidence he inspired allowed me to face surgery and recovery without fear.
    in Victor, Colorado |
    I don't always have surgery but when I do I go with Dr. Gallizzi
    in Cripple Creek, CO |
    From the first day he took my case I flet so at that I was in great hands...... he took the best care of me I wish to THANK HIM. I have put out the word I wish everyone that is hurt comes to him
    in Granby, CO |
    Met Dr Gallizzi with MRI results in Ocotber 2015 to discuss possible treatment. I have had 2 previous lamnectomys that did not solve my spine problems. He stated a spinal fusion would be needed to ease my pain and fix my spine. I had my fusion done on 11-3-2015. I am 6 weeks post op. I have full feeling back in my legs and feet, no more sciatic nerve pain and I feel like im on the road to a new life. My posture has improved as well.
    in Conifer, CO |
    From my first meeting with Dr Galizzi, it has been nothing but a positive experience. I had visited other surgeons to explore what needed to be done to my spine, but after my very first meeting with Dr Galizzi, I decided he was the one that I wanted to fix this old broken body. I've had complete faith in every aspect of my dealings with him. I truly couldn't give a higher recommendation to anyone needing spinal surgery, than to contact him. In my head, you couldn't ask for a better surgeon.
    Have you seen Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
    Are you Dr. Gallizzi?

Dr. Gallizzi says...

Dr. Gallizzi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Back Injuries

• Other Education
      Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science

Completed in 2006

• French

Dr. Gallizzi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gallizzi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Adult Scoliosis Correction
    • Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Lumbar Fusion