Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Gallizzi

Cornerstone Orthopedics and Sports Medicine

10103 Ridgegate Pkwy Ste 213 Lone Tree, CO 80124

Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Lone Tree, CO and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from R Franklin Univ Of Med & Sci in 2009 and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery.

Dr. Gallizzi accepts

Dr. Gallizzi accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Blue Options PPO
Medicaid of Colorado

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check if Dr. Gallizzi treats your condition or procedure

• Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gallizzi

Dr. Gallizzi?
Dr. Gallizzi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD
I was drugged out of my mind by Gallizzi. My review was coerced.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
I visited Dr. Gallizzi in April of 2019 for an ongoing issue with my cervical spine. I had some herniations, some narrowing of the foramen and degenerative disc disease at C4-C6. Fought surgery for 9 years until I found Dr. G! He is a top notch surgeon with a heart of gold! His entire staff is fantastic, but he and his PA Heather are an un unstoppable healing team! I went from being severely debilitated at just 45 to feeling like a kid again! They are caring, thorough, transparent and Dr. Gallizzi is the most gifted surgeon! He did an ACDF at those two levels and I could not be more pleased with my results. I am only 3 months post op today, so I still have more recovery for the full outcome, but I would recommend Dr. G to anyone needing spine surgery. I am moving out of CO, but if I ever needed spine surgery again, for another issue, I would not hesitate to fly back and recover in CO to have Dr. G and Heather on my side!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
I am thankful for the excellent and compassionate medical and surgical care I have been provided by Dr. Gallizzi. Dr. Gallizzi coordinated excellent care before, during and after my spine surgery. I so much appreciate Dr. Gallizzi's skills in minimally invasive spinal surgery which I believe has made a difference in my health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
Dr Gallizzi takes time with his patients and really listens. He explained everything thoroughly. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
I had an F1 Fusion he was great throughout the whole thing would recommend him to anybody and everybody it felt like family going to him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
Mike and Heather make an exceptional surgical team. I followed Mike from Porter because of his strong medical beliefs and convictions. He is a true professional with extraordinary surgical expertise and skills. In all of my pre surgery meetings with Mike I would always first meet with Heather. She was so helpful, honest and forthright with what to expect regarding my surgical procedures, expectations and recovery. This team is a kind, caring and skilled pair and I highly recommend them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
I saw Dr. Gallizzi in the spring of 2017, suffering from extreme pain. Dr. Gallizzi worked closely with my cardiologist to ensure my safety for the double spinal fusion I underwent in June of 2017. After just 10 days, my pain was gone! I followed his post surgery instructions closely for the next 3 months, and I’m happy to report that after a year, I am still pain free and back to doing all normal activities. Questions & phone calls were promptly answered by his friendly office staff & himself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
Is this my doctor?? Dr. Gallizzi were you at Centura Orthopedics? If so I would highly recommend you to anyone. I need to have neck and back surgery, Im on a leave of absence from work and already had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand and not going to do the right hand. So I go next Thursday for follow up with Dr. Carr. I need to schedule my neck and back surgery asap If your my doctor please contact me. I saw you in feb you referred to my condition as a double crush remember me? I
I have updated my profile with all the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
Where is Dr. Gallizzi’s practice now. Would like to contact him for an appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?
Compassionate and highly competent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gallizzi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gallizzi?

Dr. Michael Gallizzi is a Board Certified Duke University fellowship trained minimally invasive adult spine surgeon.  He uses minimally-invasive, state-of-the-art, techniques to minimize the size of the surgical incision and damage to surroundin...

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

2009
2006
2003

• French

• The role of iatrogenic foraminal stenosis from lordotic correction in the development of C5 palsy after posterior laminectomy and fusion., 2015
  • Bailout screw placement in the posterior subaxial cervical spine: is a spinolaminar screw a viable option?, 2016
  • C5 Nerve Palsy in Posterior Cervical Spinal Surgery: Does Width of Laminectomy Matter?, 2015
  • Sagittal Balance Correction in Lateral Interbody Fusion for Degenerative Scoliosis, 2016
  • Two-Day Staged Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Surgery: Case Series of Intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM) and the use of transcranial motor evoked potentials (tceMEPs) during interbody placement:,
  • Interval Effect of Prone Repositioning for Posterior Spinal Instrumentation after Lateral Interbody Fusion., 2016
  • The Impact of Lumbar Spine Disease and Deformity on Total Hip Arthroplasty Outcomes, 2017
  • Renal Vein Laceration During Lateral Interbody Fusion (LIF).,

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gallizzi treats patients.

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2017)