Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD

Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery  ·

Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD is a neurological spine surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 10 years. He specializes in neurological spine surgery and neurosurgery.Read his story

Columbia University Medical Center Department of Neurosurgery

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Scapuloperoneal
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type I
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type II
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type III
  • Spinal Tuberculosis
Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)

Dr. Kaiser performs Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy) more than 54% of his peers

Dr. Kaiser performs this procedure more than 54% of his peers

• Head and Neck Tumor
  • Hemangioblastoma
  • Herniated Disc Procedure
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Medication Management
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Decompression for Spinal Stenosis
  • Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Minimally-Invasive Neurosurgery
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Neurofibromatosis
  • Neurogenic Claudication (NC)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Traumatic Injuries
  • Traumatic Spine Disease
  • Vascular Malformations
  • von Hippel-Lindau Syndrome

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Neurological Spine Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaiser

Dr. Kaiser?
Dr. Kaiser's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD
I had cervical spondylotic myelopathy. I was scared out of my mind. Dr. Kaiser eased my fears. Spent alot of time with me answering many questions. He also encouraged me to get second and third opinions. It has been 2 years and I am grateful everyday that I became his patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Dr. Kaiser made my life comfortable again with a TLIF procedure at L4-L5. He is low key, he listens, and he is just a genuinely nice person. I had consulted another surgeon before going to Dr. Kaiser for a second opinion. Getting that second opinion was the best decision I ever made. Both surgeons recommended the same procedure - but Dr. Kaiser made me feel valued, respected and cared for! Whenever anyone asks me how my back is doing - I respond, "It's fixed!"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Last June, Dr. Kaiser performed nine hours of surgery on my Cervical Spine. Ten months later, with a host of hardware in my skull and neck, I feel pretty great! Dr. Kaiser and his staff could not have been more professional, caring, competent, and attentive. At every step of the way, from pre surgical appointments, to the procedure, to my aftercare, they were all wonderful. While I wouldn't wish surgery on anyone, Dr. Kaiser and his staff made the experience as good as possible & a success!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Surgery has been made for S1 and L4/L5 at 2003. Results excellent. Highly recommend doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Dr. Kaiser is the rare surgeon who thinks twice before deciding to operate. I was referred to him after two orthopedic surgeons had independently recommended a 3 level discectomy and fusion due to symptoms I was having in my hand and arm. He took a completely fresh look at my situation, listened carefully to my history, and consulted with a colleague. He actually made a strong case against having surgery, and my symptoms went away on their own. It turns out I had a virus. Good doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Excellent experience. Dr. Kaiser is professional, pleasant, informative, and direct. I had a complex procedure of discectomy, corpectomy, and multlevel fusion. I was pain free and walking (with my hard collar) the very same day. The procedure itself involved an anterior approach which results in throat pain. I was not concerned as I was warned of this during my consultation visit. Within 3 days, the pain was nearly completely resolved. I am 4 months post-op and happily back to work, and gym.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
I would, and have recommended Dr. Kaiser to many people. I've had two surgeries done by him and they were both very successful. He is an extremely talented surgeon as well as a very nice person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
A very good and skilled doctor. He operated on me for a herniated disc, and I am very pleased with the outcome. Difficult to schedule appointments with, and could spend more time with patients outside of surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
I had ACDF spine surgery with Dr. Kaiser on February 14, 2018. Words cannot express my appreciation for the knowledge, skill, expertise and bed side manner of Dr. Kaiser. He is an exceptionally skilled and dedicated surgeon who cares for his patients overall well being. He is patient, he listens to you and he explains in detail what the problems are and just how he will go about correcting those problems. He is a gem and I will always be thankful to him for how he helped improve my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Kaiser. He is a consummate professional and spent the time to review my condition (he didn't want to know what other doctors had said, which was refreshing) and outline the various treatment procedures and options. I did elect to have surgery to relieve my pain, and the whole process—hospital, surgery, recovery, etc.—couldn't have gone better. I am now on a regimen of physical therapy and my prognosis is good—a far cry from weeks of pain and uncertainty.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Microdisectomy - Lower Lumbar Dr. Kaiser and the Columbia team were amazing. Pre-Op was explained clearly, surgery went very well and the follow up has been thorough. I am currently in the PT phase and doing well. Highly recommend Dr. Kaiser and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
My husband had a pinch nerve issue for 1.5 years. After Physical therapy, meds and Pain management, the orthopedic recommended surgery for my husband. After a lot of research and recommendations, we wanted to see Dr. Kaiser and so glad that we did. He is an amazing neurosurgeon and so grateful for the best care. Within 1 week of surgery, my husband felt so much better. Dr Kaiser has excellent bed side manners and very knowledgable. Dr Kaiser's staff are great, A+ Service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
I experienced an exceedingly positive outcome from the lumbar laminectomy surgery performed recently by Dr. Michael G. Kaiser. He is a very skilled & compassionate neurosurgeon, who took the time to listen to all my health issues, complaints and questions. I felt very comfortable in his presence. He and his staff are very thorough, efficient, and caring. The post surgery follow up care was excellent as well. I will always hold him in high regard and will highly recommend to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Dr Kaiser's office was amazing. They literally got me my initial appointment immediately. The office was very friendly, patient and accommodating. I was in surgery within 3 days. The hospital team that cared for me, perfect. Call it lucky but I was on my way to no more bulging disk! No more back pain! I was in and out in one day. The staff called to check on me twice while I was home and the one time during my recovery that I needed to talk to Dr Kaiser, he called me himself! Best experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Dr Kaiser is honest&upfront.He is thorough in explaining everything, takes his time did not rush us & answered all of our questions.Always made sure we understood everything & always receptive to our needs, he did not focus on just "spinal problems" he looked at the whole picture.He did a delicate spinal surgery on my husbands neck,was successful!He is kind, compassionate,professional,very smart, very talented & we highly recommend him in our book he is the best of the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Dr Kaiser performed spinal surgery and I cannot say enough great things about his skills, or his staff. A remarkable experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Dr. Kaiser and his staff have been nothing but professional and delightful to deal with. He get's my highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
From the moment I spoke to my first contact, through scheduling and my hospital stay, I could not have asked for a better experience. Dr. Kaiser and his entire team (especially Vivian and Rosemary) were extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. The lumbar laminectomy to remove a tumor from my spine went extremely well and my recovery has gone better then I expected. During my 5 day hospital stay, all the doctor's assistants and care givers were very knowledgeable and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
I had excruciating Sciatica Pain down my left leg. Dr. Kaiser diagnosed Spinal Stenosis. I had same day surgery at Valley Hospital. The next day the pain was completely gone! It feels like a miracle. Dr. Kaiser and staff are amazing, professional, caring... everything you want in a Medical Team. Thank you, Dr. Kaiser.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael G Kaiser, MD?
Was living with tremendous pain due to herniated cervical disc. Dr. Kaiser performed Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion (ACDF) at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood. Pain gone immediately. Only needed overnight stay at hospital. Great results!. Tremendous demeanor and staff is amazing.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kaiser?

Insurance accepted

Oxford Health Plans

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kaiser treats patients.

Compare Providers

More providers like Dr. Kaiser at Columbia University Medical Center Department of Neurosurgery