Dr. Michael Funk, MD

CardiologyMaleAge 47

Cardiology

Dr. Michael Funk, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in Coral Springs, FL and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Funk has extensive experience in Adult Congenital Heart Conditions, Heart Conditions, and Congenital Cardiac Conditions. He graduated from AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF THE CARIBBEAN / SCHOOL OF MEDICINE in 2003. He is affiliated with Miami Cancer Institute. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Michael Funk, MD

Victor Toledano MD & Associates

1480 N University Dr Coral Springs, FL 33071
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Cardiology Specialists

Compare Dr. Funk with our nearby Cardiology Specialists at HCA Florida Aventura Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Aventura Hospital today at (305) 330-1534.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Aventura Hospital.

Dr. Funk's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Funk

GREAT STAFF AND DOCTOR!!!
Great Dr. ! Great staff! Everyone there really helped me with my health issue when nobody else could! They ran the appropriate tests and listened to my complaints. I found them to be compassionate as well as efficient. I never like going to the doctor but I feel safe at MultiMed! Natasha Tate Kennedy is amazing and Lori the office manager is more than helpful! 5 stars!!!
Alison ODonnell – Jul 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Incredible response time; excellent support staff
Very low blood pressure. Dr. Michael Funk responded to my email, sent on a Saturday night, within minutes!!! This office is immaculate, well-run, and friendly. I was seen Monday morning. Natasha Tate-Kennedy is brilliant as well.
Sharon Brager – May 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
My first visit with Dr Funk was excellent. Dr Funk was very professional and knowledgeable. The staff was very friendly and well organized. The office was clean and beautiful. It was a pleasant experience.
Karen – Feb 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I am a new patient to Dr.Funks office and I was extremely impressed with not only Dr.Funk but the entire office staff.
Feb 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I have the best doctor visit with Dr. Funk. He deserves all the stars above.
Eford – Jan 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Timely, thorough, friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and the list of positive adjectives can go on and on. Dr. Funk is outstanding and every staff member I interacted with were terrific as well. I absolutely recommend this practice without any hesitation.
Kimberly Burns – Nov 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I would send anyone I know to see Dr. Funk, Natasha Tate Kennedy, and the rest of the team at Multimed Florida. Not only is the care I receive excellent, but also the entire office staff is caring and helpful in resolving any issues I might have. I think so much of Multimed that I've sent my wife and son there also. One of the smartest decisions I ever made, was to choose Dr. Funk as my primary physician.
Jim Janoff – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
My initial visit with Dr. Michael Funk was on 9/29/2021. I was very nervous since I had never been to a cardiologist before. His entire staff was extremely pleasant and welcoming. I only waited a few minutes before the nurse called me in. She did the EKG and Dr. Funk came in right afterward. He was very calming and went over my medical history and didn't rush me at all. He ordered a couple more tests for me. . .one at his office and one at a Baptist Health diagnostic center. He also suggested I make my yearly appointment for 2022 which I did. I am very apprehensive about doctors, hospitals, and needles, BUT Dr. Funk and his entire staff made this a pleasant experience. If you are looking for a cardiologist in the Coral Springs area, be sure to check out Dr. Michael Funk! He is a wonderful and caring doctor
Cruisebabe23 – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I am a very nervous person when it comes to visiting Dr's. Dr. Funk is so caring, really "listens" to any problem I have. At one time, after taking an EKG, Dr. Funk had me go straight to Emergency, actually saved my life, and he made all the arrangements. I have Dr. Funk as my Primary and Cardiologist, and not nervous anymore for an appointment. My last appointment was on September 14, 2021. If I was able to give more than 5 stars, I certainly would.
Audrey Wolf – Sep 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
My first visit with the Dr. Funk was wonderful. He listened well and informed me of the whole practice. I was set up with tests and my next appointment before I left. The staff was also very pleasant to work with. I was taken in right on time( even early) for my appointment. I decided to make Multimed my primary medical facility. Dr. Funk is definitely worth the drive from Hollywood. Thank you Multimed!!!
Lisa Ford – Sep 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I’m a 71 year old man and have been to my share of doctors. Today I had my Cardio checkup with Doctor Funk. I highly recommend this medical practice. Dr. Funk is a great doctor with an amazing staff. If you are looking for a primary or a cardiologist, you won’t be disappointed. Contact Dr. Funks office.
DOM ESPOSITO – Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr. Funk's group Multimed is an excellent group. Dr. Funk is great and Natasha is wonderful. The staff is friendly, the appointments run on time and if you have to go to the doctor, this is the best place to go.
RandyK – Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
My husband and I are patients of Dr. Michael Funk. He is a most knowledgeable, caring and compassionate doctor. He takes his time with you and explains everything. He never rushes you. You walk out of his office feeling secure and safe and that you are in good hands. His entire office staff is caring and understanding and helpful. Sabrina at the front desk was most wonderful the last time we were there. We saw Natashia Tate-Kennedy, FNP-C this last time and it was a fantastic visit. Natashia is a gifted professional. She listens and explains everything. She shares her thought process about a situation to guide you along so you are well informed. She is caring and compassionate. Dr. Michael Funk is stellar and he has a staff that is wonderful. He and his staff are a winning combination for his patients. We are so happy we have found them.
Edye and Bob Brody – Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. Funk. I felt comfortable and was able to ask questions and I was not rushed. In addition, each time I have called and needed a test or a visit, the office staff worked with me. They call back and make it happen. Happy lady.
eileen reich – Aug 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr. Funk is not only knowledgeable. He listens to you. He cares about you. His staff is very friendly and efficient. They actually call you back with answers and updates.
Steven Kokotoff – Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I have been to more Doctors than I would like. Dr. Funks office staff was wonderful. There phone skills great. They explained things to took care of business quickly and with great information. My first visit with the Dr. Funk was wonderful. He listened well and informed me of the whole practice. I left feeling like I was a person and not just a number. I was set up with tests and my next appointment before I left.
Richard Jandorf – Aug 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Been seeing the wonderful Dr. Funk for years. The new office and Dr. Vivian bring an already great experience to a whole new level of EXCELLENCE!
Miriam Hoffman – Aug 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr. Funk is personable and professional. He shows empathy and concern. He explains in detail what you need to know in language you understand. We have been very happy with Dr. Funk and have recommended him to many of our friends and family.
Rhoda Rudd – Aug 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
One of the finest physicians I have ever had. Thorough, calming and sincerely interested in his patients. His associates and staff in his practice are fantastic.
Jul 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I was connected to Dr.Funk and his team via my primary care physicians and several other physicians, and I have to say, they exceeded expectations and recommendations! The level of care I needed was far more than other offices could provide, and Dr.Funk and the team at Multimed filled that need and then some. My previous Cardiologist was good but; wasn't equipped with the support staff and other tools to provide the level of care I needed. Not only did Dr. Funk come in and take the reins of my healthcare and put a proactive approach to my condition, but he also took the time to really educated me on my responsibility in my continued care and the lifestyle changes that need to be implemented for long term success! In today's world, most Dr's treat patients like numbers, and it's a billing business; Dr. Funk and his team are most certainly in the human business; not only do they care, but it's clear they want to see patients THRIVE. I highly recommend Dr.Funk and his staff if you're seri
Graig Robinson – Jul 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Funk?

You, the patient, are the most important person to my practice. I am committed to providing you the best possible medical care. Patient satisfaction is...Read more

Board Certified in Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Echocardiography. Dr. Funk completed his Internal Medicine Residency and Cardiology Fellowship at...Read more

• Cardiology

2004
Mount Sinai Medical Center
2003
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF THE CARIBBEAN / SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
1998
University of Miami

• Creole

• ACP Internal Medicine Poster Competition, Winner, Florida Chapter Meeting, 2004
  • Finalist, Young Investigator Awards Competition, at the Scientific Sessions/Annual Meeting of the Florida American College of Cardiology, 2010

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael Funk, MD?

What other Cardiology Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Cardiology Specialists.

Does Dr. Michael Funk, MD accept any insurance plans?

What are Dr. Michael Funk, MD's top areas of expertise?

Dr. Funk specializes in Adult Congenital Heart Conditions, Heart Conditions, and Congenital Cardiac Conditions. See more on Healthgrades.

What conditions does Dr. Michael Funk, MD treat?

Dr. Funk frequently treats the following conditions: Sinus Tachycardia, Pericarditis, and Pericardial Disease. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Michael Funk, MD's office address?

Dr. Funk's office is located at 1480 N University Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33071. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages is Dr. Michael Funk, MD fluent in?

Dr. Funk is able to speak Spanish, Creole, and English. View profile to see all.

Is Dr. Michael Funk, MD able to provide telehealth services?

Dr. Funk provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.

Is Dr. Michael Funk, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Michael Funk, MD is affiliated with Miami Cancer Institute.

How much experience does Dr. Michael Funk, MD have?

Dr. Funk has over 19 years of healthcare experience.

Does Dr. Michael Funk, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 4.8/5 for Dr. Michael Funk, MD. Patients say that the appointment wasn't rushed and the provider listened & answered questions well. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

1 malpractice claim Found
  • Settlement (7/2/2022)View details

Frequently Treated by Dr. Funk

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Funk treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Funk treats other conditions, please contact the office at (954) 840-0530.

Adult Congenital Heart Conditions

Adult congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as arrythmias and mitral valve disease, that have been present from birth to adulthood.Compare with other Adult Congenital Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Funk is experienced in the area of Adult Congenital Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Mitral Valve Disease
Heart Murmur
Mitral Valve Regurgitation
Arrhythmias

Heart Conditions

Compare with other Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Funk is experienced in the area of Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 34 conditions and procedures

Sinus Tachycardia
Heart Disease
Hypotension
Hypertension

Congenital Cardiac Conditions

Congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as septal defections and Ebstein's anomaly, that are present from birth.Compare with other Congenital Cardiac Conditions specialists.

Dr. Funk is experienced in the area of Congenital Cardiac Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Congenital Heart Defects
Tricuspid Valve Disease
Long QT Syndrome
Septal Defect

Cardiac Electrical System Procedures

Electrophysiologists monitor, diagnose and treat abnormal heart rhythms through procedures such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and pacemaker insertionsCompare with other Cardiac Electrical System Procedures specialists.

Dr. Funk is experienced in the area of Cardiac Electrical System Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

• Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Atrial Septal Defect
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chest Pain Evaluation
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Dobutamine Thallium Stress Test
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocarditis
  • First Degree Heart Block
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Mobitz, Type 2, Heart Block
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Pericarditis
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Pharmacologic Nuclear Stress Test
  • Third Degree Heart Block
  • Thrombosis
  • Tilt Table Testing
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Treadmill Stress Test
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Unstable Angina
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Septal Defect
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
  • Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern

Dr. Funk accepts

Dr. Funk accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Sunshine Health

Victor Toledano MD & Associates

Multispecialtyhealthcare, LLC1480 N University Dr Coral Springs, FL 33071

HCA Florida Broward Surgical Specialists - Margate

Northwest Heart and Health Institute2964 N State Road 7 Ste 110 Margate, FL 33063

Multispecialtyhealthcare, LLC

Multispecialtyhealthcare, LLC3001 Coral Hills Dr Ste 170 Coral Springs, FL 33065