Dr. Michael Funk, MD

Cardiology •  Male

Telehealth services available

Dr. Michael Funk, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in Margate, FL. Dr. Funk has more experience with Adult Congenital Cardiac Disorders, Cardiac Care, and Congenital Cardiac Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Northwest Medical Center and Broward Health Coral Springs. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Funk to book an appointment.

Multispecialtyhealthcare, LLC

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Funk

94.52054794520548%

Dr. Funk?
What People Say About Dr. Michael Funk, MD
Dr. Funk is hands down the best physician I have received care from! The moment you step into his office, you are really treated like family. From the medical assistants to the ladies at the front desk, the office staff is wonderful and always so pleasant. Dr. Funk has always provided quality care to my family and I with a very welcoming bedside manner. Other doctors I have seen in the past sometimes seem to be rushing through my visit and spend very little time speaking with me, but not Dr. Funk. He really takes his time and listens to all of my concerns. I would recommend Dr. Funk to anyone. Even in the midst of a pandemic, the quality of care that I have received from his office has not faltered.
Melissa – Jun 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
More than prescribing traditional medicine for health conditions , a Real Doctor genuinely cares for his patients, does medical research and creates a blueprint that integrates the psyche and physical body of the patient to find out what the root of the condition is. Also, he acts and guides the patient in the best direction to improve health and quality of life. Dr Michael Funk, has this profile of a "Real Doctor". Ancient Greeks believe that the Heart is the Seat of the Soul. I believe in the integration of Mind, Body & Soul, so when the soul is in good shape the heart and the body can feel better and heal. Michael Funk understands that, so I have to say from my current “stabilized-electrically exciting heart", that he was born to be a Medical Doctor with a touch of Loving healing Energy. In this 5 years Dr Funk, Natasha and all their professional and caring staff have taken exceptional care of my general well- being . Thank you :)
GINA L HERNANDEZ – Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Funk for over a year and even though I have recently moved from the area, I will still maintain my Dr./patient relationship with him and his office. Dr. Funk and his support staff are the epitome of gifted, caring ,professionals.
Diane – May 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
My main residence is in New York City but I reside in South Florida for four months as a snowbird. Recently I developed a pinching/poking pain on the upper left side of my chest. At a loss for a competent cardiologist googled several within a short distance away. After reading reviews and people stating their experiences, I decided to call to make an appoint with Dr. Michael Funk. Let me just say on a scale from 1-10, Dr. Funk Is 100. He is everything you need in a Dr at your most vulnerable time. Very compassionate and caring doctor. After doing a video visit, I more then realized that "I hit lotto". He reassured me after asking me many questions that we will follow up with diagnostic testing almost immediately and he did. He set up another appointment by phone to give me in detail the results. There is not many doctors that would show their concerns and make a patient like myself feel so confident and reassured the way in which Dr Funk did. Wish I can bring him home to N.Y.C...
Arlene Valentin – May 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr. Funk has been so efficient in the improvement of my health that I made him my primary care doctor even if it means a higher copay. Him and his girls are an amazing group of humans. Prompt, friendly and always willing to accommodate during times I need to see him. Dr. Funk takes the time to listen to my concerns and always answers my questions. I am not an easy patient yo deal with yet he still deals with me and still smiles and is always optimistic. "We gonna get you right, Indhira" has become a phrase of comfort. His lady squad, man oh man, they are on point, friendly with the highest level of customer service. I can't say enough. They rock and you won't regret being under his care and that of his lady squad.
Indhira Melo – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
We have been using Dr. Funk for several years. He is extremely caring, compassionate and understanding. His care and concern is extremely unique in today's healthcare. He takes his time, listens and asks questions. We have never had a doctor who we trust more with whatever he tells us. He has taken care of us in good and poor health, and it is very comforting to know that he is always there when we need him. He treats us like family! His office staff are all amazing! We never have to wait long. We never feel rushed or pressured. We are very lucky to have found Dr. Funk, and we look forward to being part of his family for many, many years to come!
Beth and Steve G. – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
excellent bed manner, very detailed
Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Funk by a friend. I have had dizzy spells, blurry vision and nausea the last week because of my high blood pressure. Not only was the office staff professional and polite, the scheduler Judy fit me in within the next couple days and was in contact with me to ensure an easy new patient experience. When I saw the doctor, he explained every test we need to do and what to expect. I am impressed with my interaction with Dr. Funk and his staff and will be referring my mother as a patient.
Amanda G. – Mar 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr. Funk was able to see me very last minute when I was having an issue. He is extremely thorough and reassuring. Everyone in the office is friendly and professional. I am thrilled to have found Dr. Funk!
Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Natasha is amazing. Keeping me and my husband healthy. The entire staff is wonderful. They keep their scheduled appointments on time. No long wait. Highly recommend Dr. Funk and his staff.
Debra – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Loved Dr. funk and his whole staff. So nice and accomodating. I felt really comfortable with everyone and Dr. Funk is very good at putting patients at ease. I couldn't be happier and am so glad i was referred to this office by friends. I would refer anyone to him - A+A+A+
CINDYD – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
The office staff was very friendly and helpful and the doctor was very kind and attentive.
Adam W – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Funk’s office for only a few months. We already feel like family there. Dr.Funk, Natasha and the entire staff have treated us extremely well. We’re both very pleased with the professionalism, care and compassion they have shown us. We highly recommend Dr.Funk’s office.
Linda and Stephen Luchs – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr. Michael Funk is an outstanding cardiologist, very professional and is easy to talk to. Has a great personality. His staff is amazing and is always very courteous and friendly. I would and have recommended him to others. I’m very fortunate to have found such a caring Dr.
Charles Hurt Snook in Ft Lauderdale , FL – Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr. Funk and his staff represent the very best in medical expertise and patient care. In a time when most doctors spend very few minutes with patients, Dr. Funk takes his time, asks questions, and listens carefully. I am so grateful to have him as my doctor.
Beverly Rickert – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
I took my dad to Dr. Funk for years, which was 5 years ago. The doc treated him like he was his own father, we both loved him & dad actually looked forward to going. Dad passed & I never thought I would see Dr. Funk again. Unfortunately, I needed a cardiologist, but never thought twice about who to see. Even though he was not on my insurance then, I paid out of pocket. I think that should say it all! I feel like family going there. Most offices you do not get both a great staff AND great doctors, you get one or the other, in this office you don't get both either! You get EXCELLENT, including the front desk staff, assistants, Natasha & the Doc. He is cautious, takes the necessary time with patients, knowledgeable, warm, friendly, honest & clear. When I first went in to his new office I was excited to see a cell phone charger in the waiting room, but I think he can remove it :-), you are not in there long enough to charge! I am in blessed & in good hands & don't have Allstate :-)
Carmella G – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr Funk and Natasha Tate-Kennedy are fabulous practitioners. Their office staff is top notch. I never wait to see the Dr Funk or Natasha and the care and concern is amazing I feel very fortunate to be able to be apart of their practice.
Roni Senzon – Feb 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Greatest doctor....Excellent in every phase of his field. Easy to talk to and very understanding. I recommend HIM to all I speak too.
Steven Rich – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr Funk and his staff are very professional, kind, compassionate and caring. It is rare to be treated this way in today’s medical cares hectic environment. His “PA Natasha” is also very professional,caring and a perfect compliment to Dr. Funks practice. I can’t say enough wonderful things also about the whole staff!! Thus my rating is a ????. You all should get compensation increases for the excellence in what each and every one of you do in your specific area of expertise!! You all truly have a HEART ?? for your patients!!
Ray Venture – Jan 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?
Dr. Funk is awesome! He's nice, caring, and a great cardiologist! His staff is on point too! The wait is less than 10 min for appointment times which is a terrific bonus!
Angelina – Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Funk, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Funk?

Dr. Funk accepts

Dr. Funk accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Tricare
Neighborhood Health Partnership
Secure Horizons
WellCare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Adult Congenital Cardiac Disorders

Adult congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as arrythmias and mitral valve disease, that have been present from birth to adulthood.

Typically treats 79% more than their peers

Arrhythmias

Dr. Funk treats Arrhythmias more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Funk treats this condition more than 94% of their peers

Cardiac Care

Cardiac care specialists diagnose and treat general cardiac conditions such as high blood pressure, angina, and arrhythmias through procedures including cardiovascular stress tests, ablation therapy, and heart valve surgery.

Typically treats 85% more than their peers

Cardiac Imaging

Dr. Funk performs Cardiac Imaging more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Funk performs this procedure more than 100% of their peers

Congenital Cardiac Disorders

Congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as septal defections and Ebstein's anomaly, that are present from birth.

Typically treats 90% more than their peers

• Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

You, the patient, are the most important person to my practice. I am committed to providing you the best possible medical care. Patient satisfaction is my goal. I want you to feel like you had the opportunity to ask questions and that you are not rushed. I want you to feel like your voice was heard. I look forward to taking care of you and being part of your medical team.

• Cardiology

2010
2007
2004
1998
University Of Miami

• ACP Internal Medicine Poster Competition, Winner, Florida Chapter Meeting, 2004
  • Finalist, Young Investigator Awards Competition, at the Scientific Sessions/Annual Meeting of the Florida American College of Cardiology, 2010