Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. Michael Frey, MD
Dr. Michael Frey, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation doctor who practices in Fort Myers, FL. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Frey is affiliated with Lee Memorial Hospital and Gulf Coast Medical Center.

8255 College Pkwy Ste 200

Fort Myers, FL 33919

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Frey

Dr. Frey's Experience

Dr. Frey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Autonomic Disorders
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

• Ross University, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998

Dr. Frey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Frey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Frey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Frey to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Frey's Performance
in Ft Myers, FL |
This is the second time I've had the radiofrequency and last time it last 3 years and this time I have good relief once again. Dr. Frey is the best!
in Cape Coral Fla |
Been with Dr. Frey for about 11 years and I have always been treated with the greatest care. Dr. Frey is awesome
Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Frey is an AMAZING doctor! He truly cares about his patients and his clinical staff is just as good! His medical assistances are all outstanding! I could not ask for a better team to be treating me!!!
in Ft Myers, FL |
so great that DR Franchesa Swarts recommended you . Could not have been sent to a better place .The staff personell n DR Frey are excellent! Hundreds of cudo's to everybody.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr Frey has suggested and performed a procedure that was not discussed with him by any other Dr. The procedure very helpful in providing much needed pain relief.
in Cape Coral, FL |
My long term disability insurance asked Frey to fill out a doctor review form. Frey refused, then sent me a registered letter saying that he would no longer be my doctor and implied that I'm a opiate addict . I've never ask for pain pills or received pain pills from Frey. I only went to Frey because I know from experience that he's shot happy. I called advanced pain management to see what the problem was. I was told the only person that would know why is frey and he wouldn't speak with me.
Ft Myers, FL |
I would NEVER recommend Advanced Pain Management! Dr. Frey relegates visits to nurse practitioners who are often rude, uncompassionate, do not take the time to listen and talk down to you. It's apparent that they only care about the money they make off you and will try to talk you into ineffectual, expensive "procedures". Dr. Frey actually left the building in the middle of my appt once; and after 11 years refused to treat me anymore without reason. STAY AWAY!
Ft Myers, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Frey to anyone.
Ft Myers, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Frey to all my friends!
in Ft Myers, FL |
I came to Dr. Frey with previous Rx for heavy narcotics. While my previous PM consisted of steroidal injections & RF, Dr. Frey ALSO performs these, BUT to a GREATER degree of comfort & Longevity. Not only is his surgical acumen SUPERIOR to my 2 previous providers, he is gingerly eliminating the narcotics from my monthly Rx. He LISTENS, but more importantly he genuinely CARES about MY health. I love this man & the WAY in which he continually strives to improve MY quality of life. Feel soBlessed!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Frey is a wonderful physician! I have been a patient for several years for pain management of my arthritic knees. The office staff, nursing staff and particularly Laura ARNP are always professional, kind and caring.
Alva, FL |
Worked with Dr. Frey for 10 years. During this time he has reviewed my problem sand recommended procedures that reduced or eliminated my pain issues. I have found him andhis office staff meets the highest level of professionalism. I have recommended Dr. Frey to manyof my friends and family and they have all been highly satisfied.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I found everything to be just perfect. Everything from meeting with Dr. Frey to the procedure was more than I expected...in a good way.
in Ft Myers, FL |
This place has been a life saver!!! Dr Frey works with finding out the problem and giving options of solutions to try and correct.
in Ft Myers, FL |
My overall experience here was very good.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr Frey is one of the best pain/spine doctors I've ever had. Great bedside manners and really cares for his patients and listens. Would recommend him to anyone. Seems very prominent in his field and very knowledgeable. Tries to get his patients out of pain and off the pain medications.
in North Fort Myers, FL |
Dr. Frey seems to understand the pain I am experiencing after I have had 4 lower lumbar fusions elsewhere. The injections he has provided have so far given me at least 50% relief and I now am scheduling more advance injections that will probably give me more long-lasting pain relief. He is very personal and is very responsive to my needs. I've been to other pain management specialists, some good and some bad, but Dr. Frey ranks up at the top in my opinion. I can trust him.
Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Frey is a no none sense kind of guy, wants to get the job done right the first time.
in Ft Myers, FL |
We were looking for a doctor who would offer aggressive pain relief suitable for our 92 year old mother. Dr. Frey seemed to have the answer via a radiofrequency procedure. Problem: Dr. Frey's practice, however successful with patient outcome, is a factory that seems to continually run beyond capacity. The pressure to rush patients onto an assembly line for treatment stresses staff, patients and caregivers. More concern seems to be focused on mass production than on patients as individuals.
in Ft Myers, FL |
He's excellent. I would recommend him to everyone. He has a great personality and knowledge.
in Ft Myers, FL |
He got to the root of my pain very quickly and treated it promptly. Very good doctor!
Dr. Frey has been fine. Definitely recommended
Ft Myers, FL |
Zero, this Dr. and this office don't respond to patient requests for scripts, authorizations, etc. Leaves patients without meds. Recurring issues over and over, so he obviously doesn't care to fix his issues to better care for patient's needs.
in Ft Myers, FL |
My experience with Dr. Frey has been excellent.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Frey is the best! I've recommended him to many people because of my delightful experience.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Excellent - from patient care to pain relief.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I feel he treats me with compassion, and helps me understand more about the procedures and my pain and what can be done for it.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Frey's for over 10 years, as I have degenerative disc disease, have broken vertebraes and other issues. He is an excellent doctor who stays up on all of the advances in his field. I have tried other pain management doctors including at the Cleveland Clinic, but he is the best in my book!
in Ft Myers, FL |
I think Dr. Frey is an excellent doctor, I would recommend to all friends and family.
in Ft Myers, FL |
He listens to the patient and obtains good results.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Frey is a highly respected physician, I was referred to Dr. Frey and I'm highly pleased with my experiences here.
in Ft Myers, FL |
very pleased with every visit
in Ft Myers, FL |
I felt that everything was excellent. Downstairs in the procedure office, everyone was great and caring, and so if Dr. Frey.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I think I have had good results working with Dr Frey. I have been able to get in fairly soon when needed. We have tried different procedures to get good results and he has work with me trying different things. I am satisfied with the Lumbar radio frequency procedure and has got good results.
in N Ft Myers, FL |
Dr Frey has worked with me on alternative options to surgery that last procedure hit the spot !! Very pleased with my outcome so far I have recommended him to two other friends and they have made appointments with the office
in Ft Myers, FL |
I have been uncomfortable with pain for quite some time. We like to say it is due to our age or what we do for a living. It was nice to come to a place that did not judge you for finally saying I can't deal with this pain. After three stress free injections I am so improved. I look forward to not "needing" Dr Frey's services but am grateful to know he is here.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr Frey is extreamly persistant in figuring out whats wrong with you and tries to fix it as best as he can
in Ft Myers, FL |
Relief of pain and spasm to neck, lumbar and lower spine. Care was throrough
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Frey is terrific! His practice is a wonderful the staff is very pleasant and polite.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Since I started coming to Dr. Frey I have felt his approach to treating my pain has been much better than I had experienced with either of my 2 previous pain specialists. I got the feeling that he was willing to explore my problems and help me resolve or treat my pain and have been pleased with his diligence. I feel very comfortable in his care.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Frey is a very knowledgeable and compassionate Doctor.
Miami, FL |
Upstairs, Medical Assistants are EXTREMELY unprofessional. So much socializing at the desk, it feels like the patients are secondary. "Clinical Coordinator" JaVonna, Is condescending with an attitude. She could care less what the patient has to say and it shows. Procedure area has a circus atmosphere, no one is focused on the task at hand. Everyone is joking around and not patient nor procedure focused. This all occurring while I was still awake.....what happens when I have anesthesia??!!
Cape Coral, FL |
Went once chronic body pain. I was prescr med my ins wouldn't pay for. I called them, and they attempt 3rd party, it was denied. He ordered a drug that is contraind with my current meds. Nurse called told me he ordered med, expressed my concern. The nurse noted, and told doc, the doc didn't change it, he said it's OK. I had bad effect with it. I received a letter 1 day before follow up appt, stating they are not treating me no longer with NO explanation. Unprofessional.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Doctor was friendly, but failed to do a thorough review of my records or listen to the medical history given to him. He conducted a five minute reflex exam, and wrote that he conducted a twenty minute exam. He stated that I exaggerated my pain, and didn't even know my current medical state (making false statements) that can affect my current financial payments from workers compensation. This doctor is a complete "hack" for workers comp, and doesn't care whether you're really injured or not !!
in cape coral, Fl |
Very kind considerate has compassion for his paients
in North fort Myers |
He asked where it hurt and bingo he knew the problem. I would recommend him to everyone. EXCELLENT I FEEL 100 percent better
in Cape Coral, FL |
This use to be a good office, not anymore. They no longer care about their patients and making sure they are in the least pain as possible. All the doctors want to do is give injections.You can not even get an appointment to see an actual doctor here anymore. Everyone sees the nurse practitioners. When you see the np, it takes 1 minute, and they do not even do an exam. They only ask one question,do you want refills? You answer yes and they are done! staff alsoTERRIBLE. NO ONE CARES HERE!
in Punta Gorda, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Frey's for 8 or 9 years. He has helped me to be able to lead a relatively pain free life. I go for treatment every 6 months as needed. It has helped tremendously. I have recommended two of my friends to Dr. Frey and they are extremely pleased with their treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Frey, MD?
Are you Dr. Frey?