Dr. Michael Flohr, MD

Dr. Michael Flohr, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

At Advanced Eyecare Professionals...Our Focus is You!

Your sight is in good hands at our practice! Advanced Eyecare Professionals is your home for complete family eye care in West Michigan. Our doctors and staff know how truly precious the gift of sight is; and at our offices in Hastings, Ionia, Lowell, Sheridan and Carson City you will see the difference not only in your vision, but in how your vision is cared for. Through continued education, state of the art technology, and caring certified doctors, technicians and opticians you will get the best there is in quality patient care.

Educational Background "I've worked and studied hard to get to where I am today. My education is ongoing, because I want to make sure I can offer my patients the best vision care possible. In the field of eyecare there are new developments daily. In light of this, I regularly attend continuing education courses, to keep current in the latest procedures and treatments in ophthalmology." B.S., University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, Magna Cum Laude, 1976 M.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1980 Internship, Marshfield Clinic, St. Joseph Hospital, 1980-81 Residency, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, 1981-1984 Continuing Education, 50 hours of accredited ongoing education each year Professional Organizations "Professional group memberships are another way I work to keep current on new developments in ophthalmology. And more important, my board certification is a way my patients can be assured that I'm providing them with a level of care they can feel good about." Author and Lecturer "To enlarge knowledge - whether it is of my peers or of the public, by word of mouth or by the written word-is a responsibility I feel obligated to fulfill because I was privileged to graduate from medical school where others taught their knowledge and experience." Author, Articles for Ophthalmology (professional journal) Lecturer, Numerous community lectures on diabetes, cataracts, and glaucoma "If you know of any group or organization that would like to have me come and speak about any of these, or other eye related topics please feel free to let the staff or myself know and I will be happy to make arrangements to make a presentation." Serving His Community "We do not live on an island, isolated and insulated from those around us. A doctor must give as well as receive. I am proud of the effort I have made to help my fellow man." In his community: Hastings Lions Club: Member 30 years, President 2 years State Diabetic Awareness Program for Lions Club Chairman 5 years Boy Scouts Committee Chairman 8 years, District Finance Chairman 4 years Coordinator of Cub Scout Day Hike in Hastings, Michigan 15 years Venture Crew Advisor 5 years QDMA: President 8 years Helping others abroad: Mission trips to Honduras and El Salvador to perform surgery for individuals in need.

Dr. Flohr's Experience

See how Dr. Flohr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Flohr

Dr. Flohr accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Flohr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Flohr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Flohr to family and friends
based on 1 survey
Dr. Flohr's Performance
Dr. Flohr Says:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a patient satisfaction survey. I greatly value you as a patient and appreciate your feedback! If you would like to discuss any concerns or praises further with myself or my staff please call and we'd be happy to speak with you more. (616) 897-7000

Have you seen Dr. Michael Flohr, MD?
Are you Dr. Flohr?

Compare Dr. Flohr

Dr. Flohr says...

Educational Background

Professional Organizations

Author and Lecturer

Serving His Community

Dr. Flohr's Care Philosophy

At Advanced Eyecare Professionals...Our Focus is You!

Dr. Flohr says...

Dr. Flohr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Flohr has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Flohr's Board Certifications

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

University Of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, Magna Cum Laude

Graduated in 1976

• Other Education
    Continuing Education 50 Hours Of Accredited Ongoing Education Each Year

Dr. Flohr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Flohr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Testing
  • Soft Contact Lenses
  • Vision Screening
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)