Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Michael Fitzgerald, MD
Dr. Fitzgerald is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder care. He earned his medical degree with high honors at SUNY Upstate Medical University, and completed an orthopedic residency at the University of Vermont. Dr. Fitzgerald also completed an upper extremity fellowship at the Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center. He is trained in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the upper extremity including trauma, arthritis, tendinopathies, soft tissue disorders, nerve compression disorders and ligamentous injuries. He is skilled in the treatment of all disorders from shoulder to fingertip in adult and pediatric cases.

5719 Widewaters Pkwy Ste 3

Syracuse, NY 13214

Dr. Michael Fitzgerald, MD

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Elderplan
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.
  • Martin's Point
  • MVP Health Care
  • PHCS
  • POMCO Group
  • Sagamore Health Network
  • Three Rivers Provider Network

Learn about Dr. Fitzgerald

Born in Syracuse, NY and raised in Fredonia NY, Dr. Fitzgerald is familiar with the medical environment as his father is also an orthopedic surgeon.  Dr. Fitzgerald admires the art of teamwork and believes in educating patients and working together to provide the best treatment for individual patients.

Dr. Fitzgerald's Experience

Dr. Fitzgerald's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

Dr. Fitzgerald does not have any board certifications listed.

• Broken Arm
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Le Moyne College, Syracuse, Ny
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • SUNY Upstate Med Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • University Of Vermont / College Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Indiana Hand To Shoulder Center, Indianapolis, In
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Fitzgerald has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Fitzgerald has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fitzgerald does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fitzgerald and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fitzgerald's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fitzgerald to family and friends
Dr. Fitzgerald's Performance
Chittenango, NY |
I found Dr. Fitzgerald (and all related staff) highly professional, personable, and very engaging. My treatment options were thoroughly discussed, and my post-op visit was also very satisfying.'
in Westvale, NY |
Very likely to recommend. This was only my second visit with Dr Fitzgerald but each time he has taken the time to listen to me and provide treatment as well as other possible courses of action.
in Syracuse ny |
Dr fitzgerald put my wrist back together after i fell and shattered several bones. The result after physical therapy is i have great range of motion and strength, better than i could have hoped after the accident. It looks good minmal scar. And no nerve or tactile issues. I strongly recommend the Dr.
Fulton, NY |
Found Dr. Fitzgerald to be a physician who cares about his patients and how they feel. He offers alternatives to surgery which is welcomed and only wants the best outcome for the patient. Would definitely recommend this physician to anyone having hand issues.
Oxford, NY |
We could not of been more pleased with our entire visit at SOS. Dr. Fitzgerald explained things well, answered any questions we had, interacted with patient (child) well, etc.
in Syracuse, NY |
Excellent doctor. Who loves and true to what he do. He did my 2 years old daughter's hand surgery and he made her as well as me feel at ease every step of the way! He made sure we were both on the same page and I understood everything that was going on. He is trustworthy and cares about his patients. One of the best doctors in CNY! I will recommend him everytime!
in Syracuse NY |
Great personality, very competent and caring. Highly recommend.
answers all your questions, he makes you feel like your his only case.
in Vernon, NY |
Dr. Fitzgerald is thoughtful, kind and attentive. He worked me in when I had an emergency and follow up was very good.
in Lowville, NY |
He was very patient, caring, and understanding. Listened to what I had to say.
Rochelle Park, NJ |
Very easy to talk to explains what he is doing and what he expects the results to be so you can understand
in Dewitt,, NY |
Took the time to answer my questions ( I always come prepared.with lots of questions ) Also listened to me This is an art that many doctors don't give enough attention to Just because I'm old doesn't mean I've deaf dumb or can't remember anything As a retired counselor I'm schooled to see so many doctors totally ignoring input from patients
in Syracuse, NY |
Dr. Fitzgerald was very thorough and professional. He communicated well and listened well. He did not rush and I felt that I received excellent care from him. He was also very enjoyable to talk to. I have all ready recommended him to two of my friends.
in Camillus, NY |
I have a problem with a left little finger that does not bend at the end. The Dr. said I should do therapy and make it bend. It did not hurt before, and making it bend made it hurt fierchly so I stopped trying to make it bend. Surgery was a difficult thing and was not considered.
in Canastota, NY |
Both my husband and I liked Dr. Fitzgerald from the moment we met him. He was a patient listener, sympathetic and friendly. Dr. Fitzgerald did a remarkable job with patient teaching and took time to answer every question I had. I am extremely satisfied with his skill and knowledge as my surgeon. He has a great sense of humor, which helped to put me at ease about surgery and he is easy-going, yet very competent. What a lovely combination! I will definitely recommend him to others!
in Memphis, NY |
He is very down to earth and will actually listen to the patient.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Fitzgerald, MD?
Are you Dr. Fitzgerald?

Visit Dr. Fitzgerald

Dr. Fitzgerald accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Elderplan
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.
  • Martin's Point