Dr. Michael S. Eilerman, MD

Dr. Michael S. Eilerman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 56 years old

33 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Personal Bio

Dr. Eilerman's Experience

See how Dr. Eilerman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Eilerman

Dr. Eilerman accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Eilerman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Eilerman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Eilerman to family and friends
4.2
Experience with Dr. Eilerman
Dr. Eilerman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
He did a hip replacement on me, now all my pain is gone. He's a great surgeon that I would recommend to anyone needing a hip replacement. He also has a great staff.
in Loudon, TN |
Dr Eilerman works in a system that insures their patients know exactly what to expect, what to do to insure success, and supplies a complete roadmap of who, what, where and how. I had a complete anterior approach hip replacement. He and his staff worked with me every step of the way from first analysis, personal education and responsibility, what to expect during and after surgery,. The surgery went great, the overnight hospital stay exceeded my expectations, and physical recovery painless.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Eilerman is the best!! He is professional, has a warm, friendly manner, and operates his business efficiently. I have been going to him since late Fall of 2005 and wouldn't consider going to any other Orthopedic surgeon.
in Kingsport, TN |
I went in with reservations about my recovery after total hip replacement. I was walking around that night after surgery w a walker. The next day I was walking with the assistance of a cane. After day 4 no cane was needed! Incredible! I was back in my office practicing dentistry after 1 week. For me the Ant. Approach was the way to go. I highly recommend Dr. Eilerman.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very good experience, had two hips done with Dr. Eilerman, quick recovery each time. Would definitely recommend.
in Strawberry Plains, TN |
I have recommended him to 3 friends who chose to use him. I should say that I experienced no post operative medical complications; my healing was quick and my return to a full, physically active lifestyle was less than 3 months. While I may be ahead of a typical curve, I'm convinced that this would not have been the case had Dr. Eilerman not been my surgeon.
in Vonore, TN |
My hip replacement surgery and recovery went as smoothly as possible thanks to Dr. Eilerman and the University of Tennessee Medical Center. Dr. Eilerman is extremely professional, caring, and competent. He explained my options and the replacement surgery and aftermath in great detail. Within a week I was walking without a walker or cane. The post-surgery pain was minimal. I credit Dr. Eilerman with these great results. I highly recommend Dr. Eilerman.
in Sevierville, TN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Eilerman. I had hip replacement surgery in March 2016 and am doing great. Dr. Eilerman and his associates and staff are A-1 in my book. The best in the area.
in Knoxville TN |
I was very pleased with both of my hip replacements with Dr.Eilerman. I would without a doubt recommend Dr. Eilerman for hip replacement surgery.
in Sevierville Tn |
One of the BEST Hip replacement specialist in the World!!! I was walking right after surgery. After a couple of days, I did not use anything like a cain or walker. Two months out from surgery and I walked 4 miles this morning. I feel Great! Amazing surgeon, great bedside manner, just a great all around experience! If I need the other hip done at some point...Dr. Eilerman is my Surgeon!
in Louisville TN |
Dr. Eilerman was referred to me by my family physician and I am forever thankful for this referral. My right hip was in terrible condition and never without pain. The new anterior method of hip replacement is definitely the way to go. I did not have therapy after surgery and am now without pain for the first time in many years (surgery only six weeks ago). Follow-up visits to Dr. Eilerman and his office staff were most helpful in answering any questions. They deserve a round of applause!
in Knoxville, TN |
After two anterior hip replacements, I have regained motion built stamina and feeling good. No pain. Recovery was easy, staff was exceptional, and surgeon willing to answer questions. When my incision didn't heal correctly, he was stayed on top of things by scheduling extra appointments to insure that there was no infection.
in Knoxville, TN |
He is one of the few Knoxville surgeons who does the anterior hip replacement surgery and I wouldn't consider any other type of hip replacement. He took time to answer my questions and explain what would happen and after surgery I also had lots of questions which were answered very satisfactorily. And what he said, was indeed what I experienced. I appreciate his open discussion of infections and precautions for them. His office was outstanding in communicating with me as well.
in Oneida TN |
After having my left hip replacement surgery performed by Dr.Micheal Eilerman using the anterior approach. I am able to return to a normal pain free lifestyle after only 6 weeks post operative. Dr.Eilerman did an excellent job explaining the surgery and answering any questions I had before and after my surgery. I can never thank him and his staff enough for the great care they provided.
in Walland, TN |
I needed bilateral hip replacement. Dr. Eilerman does the anterior approach procedure. My left hip was so bad that he put me on the schedule the next week. The day of surgery everything and everyone were ready to get started. the pre-and post-operative care was beyond reproach.. I was visited by every Dr, involved in my care during the surgery. I did my other hip as soon as possible due to the excellent care given by Dr, Eilerman. He is an outstanding, understanding surgeon. A+++
in Knoxville, TN |
The office staff is very slow to respond and they tend to give you the run around. We recently talked to four different staff members about an issue who finally directed us to do what we have already done. Communication is very lacking within the office. The doctor himself is in a big hurry. He gives the info he has (not in layman's terms), and then leaves the exam room without giving opportunity to ask questions. On one occasion, the wait was over two HOURS!!!
in Knoxville Tn |
I love this man, he gave me back my life, spent 6 months in and out of a wheel chair. After a motorcycle wreck ,Thought my way of life was over..Dr.Eilerman repaired my hip..(pelvis) great job.lol no more motorcycles. Great guy.??
Have you seen Dr. Michael S. Eilerman, MD?
Are you Dr. Eilerman?

Compare Dr. Eilerman

Dr. Eilerman says...

Dr. Eilerman is the premier direct anterior approach surgeon in Knoxville. He was the first surgeon in Knoxville to perform this method of hip replacement over 7 years ago. To date, he has performed over 2,000 hip replacements using the direct anterior approach.

With this approach, Dr. Eilerman is able to perform the surgery through the front of the hip, avoiding any cutting of the muscles or tendons, making it much less invasive than traditional hip replacement. This approach allows for a lower dislocation rate and quicker recovery.

Dr. Eilerman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Eilerman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Eilerman's Board Certifications

Tampa Genl Hosp

Completed in 1993

Dayton

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Eilerman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eilerman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hip Surgery