Dr. Michael Eilerman, MD

Dr. Michael Eilerman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Eilerman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Read his story

1926 Alcoa Hwy Ste 210

Knoxville, TN 37920

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Eilerman

See how frequently Dr. Eilerman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Replacement
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Eilerman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Eilerman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Eilerman "Dr. Eilerman is the premier direct anterior approach surgeon in Knoxville. He was the first surgeon in Knoxville to perform this method of hip replacement over 7 years ago. To date, he has performed over 2,000 hip replacements using the direct anterior approach. With this approach, Dr. Eilerman is able to perform the surgery through the front of the hip, avoiding any cutting of the muscles or tendons, making it much less invasive than traditional hip replacement. This approach allows for a lower dislocation rate and quicker recovery."

• Orthopedic Hip Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Dayton
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • UNIV OF CINCINNATI COLL OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Mount Carmel West
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Tampa Genl Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Eilerman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Eilerman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eilerman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Eilerman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Eilerman to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Eilerman's Performance
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Eilerman is one of the finest doctors i have ever had. My right hip was in very bad shape but due to my weight other doctors refused to operate on me. Dr. Eilerman did the anterior type hip replacement on me and i am extremely happy with the results. Let me add not only was Dr. Eilerman great his staff was too. Everyone I dealt with was very professional, helpful and nice.
in Middlesboro, Kentucky |
After two years of pain, Dr. Eilerman gave me my life back. The surgery was a breeze, I didn't even have to take pain pills when I went home. Everyone in his office and at UT were so kind and helpful. Would highly recommend him!
in Gatlinburg, TN |
I had severe hip pain for 7 months before I found Dr. Eilerman. His background and surgical experience was stellar and I was able to get an appointment quite quickly. Dr Eilerman replaced my crumbling hip joint and now I have no pain. His office staff was curious and caring and always friendly. Making appointments was easy. Before, during and after surgery they were there when I had questions or concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Eilerman.
in Sevierville TN |
Dr. Eilerman performed both knee and hip replacements for me in the last 4 years. With each surgery, I experienced superior skill, efficiency and professional from him and his entire staff. He has given me back an acceptable lifestyle and I will be forever grateful to him.
in Knoxville, TN |
I am extremely pleased with my right hip replacement done by Dr. Eilerman. The surgery went as described to me by by Dr Eilerman. I have zero pain even on surgery day. I did not take any pain pills after surgery day. After two weeks I was over my unsteadiness and could walk without my cane. I was playing golf after 4 weeks. I describe the experience as similar to going to the dentist, once the procedure was over one could go about their business without hindrance.
in Knoxville, TN |
Fabulous surgeon. Very up on the latest technology. I do not believe there is a finer hip surgeon in the United States. Operates out of University of Tennessee Advanced Orthopaedic Center. A great place to have a surgery. Very efficient, kind, and competent. Plus the doc is a fellow UD Flyer. Just a great experience!
Lenoir City, TN |
I had quite severe pain in my right hip prior to surgery! After surgery I have had no pain! Some minor stiffness/soreness. Dr. Eilerman, his PA and staff have been great to deal with through this process.
in GREENBACK, TN |
I HAD A TOTAL RIGHT KNEE REPLACEMENT ON JUNE 15, 2017 @ THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE HOSPITAL. THIS WAS MY FIRST MAJOR SURGERY EVER. DR. EILERMAN AND HIS TEAM ALLOWED ME TO HAVE THE MOST POSITIVE SURGICAL EXPERIENCE. I HAVE ALREADY SCHEDULED MY LEFT KNEE REPLACEMENT IN DECEMBER. HE AND HIS PHYSICIAN'S ASSISTANTS (BRAD AND BEN) ARE THE MOST COMPASSIONATE AND ATTENTIVE PHYSICIANS THAT I HAVE HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF KNOWING. I HAVE BEEN A NURSE FOR 24 YEARS AND HAVE WORKED WITH MANY PHYSICIANS.
in Cleveland TN |
Dr. Eilerman is a wonderful surgeon. He replaced both my hips within a year's time. I am doing really well and so grateful to him, his staff and UT Medical Center. I highly recommend him! He takes time with you to explain the process and what to expect. Everyone associated with my experience was friendly, caring and compassionate! Two thumbs up to the doctor and his team!
in Knoxville, TN |
I had a total Hip Replacement 3/9/17. My experience with Dr. Eilerman and the UT medical center could not have been better. I was walking the day of the surgery. I was back to work in less than 3 weeks. All my hip pain in gone. I feel great. I would recommend Dr. Eilerman and UT medical center to anyone.
in Oak Ridge, TN |
Dr. Eilerman performed bi-lateral hip replacement on March 21, 2017, the outcome exceeded my expectations. He changed my quality of life, will be forever grateful to him.
in Oak Ridge, TN |
Had an anterior hip replacement and was amazed at the speed and ease of recovery compared to a lateral replacement of the other hip several years ago. Would highly recommend this procedure and Dr. Eilerman.
in Oliver Springs, TN |
Six weeks post op anterior hip replacement. Excellent physician and staff. Far exceeded my expect ions. Almost 100% back to normal. Can't say enough good things!
in Knoxville, TN |
I am 6 months out now, and I don't have a limp or pain. Am very pleased with my total hip replacement. I think Dr. Eilerman did an excellent job.
in Loudon, TN |
Dr Eilerman replaced my right hip. I had immediate pain relief and was back to work within two weeks. He and his team were great. The way that he explain the surgery was exactly the way it happened. Thank you for my mobility back.
knoxville, tn |
best surgeon ive ever had
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Eilerman performed a hip replacement surgery for me and I was very pleased with the results. He explained the surgery to me as well as the anticipated outcome and recovery time. I would definitely recommend Dr. Eilerman to others.
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Eilerman is a caring surgeon. I have had no problems with my new hip.
I have been completely happy and satisfied with Dr. Eilerman and his staff. I had an anterior hip replacement on January 5 this year by Dr. Eilerman. Had an appointment with him today, he was very pleased with my x-ray and my continued progress. After many years living with pain I reported to Dr. Eilerman that I no longer had any pain and was able to sit, bend my leg and walk without any pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Eilerman to anyone having hip problems or needing hip replacement surgery!
He did a hip replacement on me, now all my pain is gone. He's a great surgeon that I would recommend to anyone needing a hip replacement. He also has a great staff.
in Loudon, TN |
Dr Eilerman works in a system that insures their patients know exactly what to expect, what to do to insure success, and supplies a complete roadmap of who, what, where and how. I had a complete anterior approach hip replacement. He and his staff worked with me every step of the way from first analysis, personal education and responsibility, what to expect during and after surgery,. The surgery went great, the overnight hospital stay exceeded my expectations, and physical recovery painless.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Eilerman is the best!! He is professional, has a warm, friendly manner, and operates his business efficiently. I have been going to him since late Fall of 2005 and wouldn't consider going to any other Orthopedic surgeon.
in Kingsport, TN |
I went in with reservations about my recovery after total hip replacement. I was walking around that night after surgery w a walker. The next day I was walking with the assistance of a cane. After day 4 no cane was needed! Incredible! I was back in my office practicing dentistry after 1 week. For me the Ant. Approach was the way to go. I highly recommend Dr. Eilerman.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very good experience, had two hips done with Dr. Eilerman, quick recovery each time. Would definitely recommend.
in Strawberry Plains, TN |
I have recommended him to 3 friends who chose to use him. I should say that I experienced no post operative medical complications; my healing was quick and my return to a full, physically active lifestyle was less than 3 months. While I may be ahead of a typical curve, I'm convinced that this would not have been the case had Dr. Eilerman not been my surgeon.
in Vonore, TN |
My hip replacement surgery and recovery went as smoothly as possible thanks to Dr. Eilerman and the University of Tennessee Medical Center. Dr. Eilerman is extremely professional, caring, and competent. He explained my options and the replacement surgery and aftermath in great detail. Within a week I was walking without a walker or cane. The post-surgery pain was minimal. I credit Dr. Eilerman with these great results. I highly recommend Dr. Eilerman.
in Sevierville, TN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Eilerman. I had hip replacement surgery in March 2016 and am doing great. Dr. Eilerman and his associates and staff are A-1 in my book. The best in the area.
in Knoxville TN |
I was very pleased with both of my hip replacements with Dr.Eilerman. I would without a doubt recommend Dr. Eilerman for hip replacement surgery.
in Sevierville Tn |
One of the BEST Hip replacement specialist in the World!!! I was walking right after surgery. After a couple of days, I did not use anything like a cain or walker. Two months out from surgery and I walked 4 miles this morning. I feel Great! Amazing surgeon, great bedside manner, just a great all around experience! If I need the other hip done at some point...Dr. Eilerman is my Surgeon!
in Louisville TN |
Dr. Eilerman was referred to me by my family physician and I am forever thankful for this referral. My right hip was in terrible condition and never without pain. The new anterior method of hip replacement is definitely the way to go. I did not have therapy after surgery and am now without pain for the first time in many years (surgery only six weeks ago). Follow-up visits to Dr. Eilerman and his office staff were most helpful in answering any questions. They deserve a round of applause!
in Knoxville, TN |
After two anterior hip replacements, I have regained motion built stamina and feeling good. No pain. Recovery was easy, staff was exceptional, and surgeon willing to answer questions. When my incision didn't heal correctly, he was stayed on top of things by scheduling extra appointments to insure that there was no infection.
in Knoxville, TN |
He is one of the few Knoxville surgeons who does the anterior hip replacement surgery and I wouldn't consider any other type of hip replacement. He took time to answer my questions and explain what would happen and after surgery I also had lots of questions which were answered very satisfactorily. And what he said, was indeed what I experienced. I appreciate his open discussion of infections and precautions for them. His office was outstanding in communicating with me as well.
in Oneida TN |
After having my left hip replacement surgery performed by Dr.Micheal Eilerman using the anterior approach. I am able to return to a normal pain free lifestyle after only 6 weeks post operative. Dr.Eilerman did an excellent job explaining the surgery and answering any questions I had before and after my surgery. I can never thank him and his staff enough for the great care they provided.
in Walland, TN |
I needed bilateral hip replacement. Dr. Eilerman does the anterior approach procedure. My left hip was so bad that he put me on the schedule the next week. The day of surgery everything and everyone were ready to get started. the pre-and post-operative care was beyond reproach.. I was visited by every Dr, involved in my care during the surgery. I did my other hip as soon as possible due to the excellent care given by Dr, Eilerman. He is an outstanding, understanding surgeon. A+++
in Knoxville, TN |
The office staff is very slow to respond and they tend to give you the run around. We recently talked to four different staff members about an issue who finally directed us to do what we have already done. Communication is very lacking within the office. The doctor himself is in a big hurry. He gives the info he has (not in layman's terms), and then leaves the exam room without giving opportunity to ask questions. On one occasion, the wait was over two HOURS!!!
in Knoxville Tn |
I love this man, he gave me back my life, spent 6 months in and out of a wheel chair. After a motorcycle wreck ,Thought my way of life was over..Dr.Eilerman repaired my hip..(pelvis) great job.lol no more motorcycles. Great guy.??
Have you seen Dr. Michael Eilerman, MD?
Are you Dr. Eilerman?

Visit Dr. Eilerman

Dr. Eilerman accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
    Blue Network E
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA