Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD

Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & InfertilityMaleAge 62

Telehealth services available

Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Richmond, VA. He is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Edelstein to book an appointment.

Shady Grove Fertility – Stony Point

New Patient?
Shady Grove Fertility – Stony Point9030 Stony Point Pkwy Ste 450 Richmond, VA 23235
    • Sat: closed

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Edelstein is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital Richmond, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

• Practices at Top Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists at Shady Grove Fertility – Stony Point

Dr. Edelstein's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Edelstein

Dr. Edelstein?
  • Explained conditions well (36)
  • Appointment scheduling (35)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (35)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
Dr. Edelstein was extremely personable throughout our IVF experience. He regularly did a personal follow up phone call after each appointment in addition to his clinical team. This made a such a difference for me and my husband; especially doing all of this during the pandemic. He showed great care and support after our first FET ended in miscarriage and a path to move forward. I’d recommend him to anyone and everyone.
Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein is an angel, plain and simple! My husband and I got so lucky to have been able to work with him through one of the hardest times in our lives. We were diagnosed with infertility and I felt so hopeless, but Dr. Edelstein never made us feel like a lost cause. He was always realistic with us, but gave us hope at the same time. He was responsive, knowledgeable, helpful, and caring. After every single appointment, if I didn't get a chance to see him, he would call and check in on me and update me on anything I needed to know. He always made us feel valued, and like he genuinely cared to help us reach our goal of parenthood. He was very quick to make a decision based on test results that he felt would increase our success rate. And every single decision he made was 100% right because we are expecting our miracle baby now! I could go on forever about how he has changed our lives for the better, but I will just say I recommend Dr. Edelstein to anyone struggling with infertility!
Brooke – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
As I turned 36 in April, we decided to switch to SGF and Dr. Edelstein upon the recommendation of a good friend (also an OB). Dr. Edelstein immediately reached out to me himself, set up a teleconference, and walked me through his practice and options in great detail. He also made himself available personally via phone throughout my time with SGF. The clinical care team were always quick to respond to questions and set me up with instructions. My appointments were always on time and expedient and nurses would gladly make time for additional questions as I had them. The attention I received at every appointment made me feel safe and cared for personally. We are now expecting our first baby and couldn't be happier or more amazed that we were able to achieve this pregnancy with just one round of IVF. We're so grateful to Dr. E and the SGF team - you'll be in good hands.
Sep 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
I just wanna say that I could have not asked for a better team to be on our side through such a hard time in our life. We struggled for 5 years to conceive after a ectopic pregnancy in 2015. A friend reccomend me to SGF and after months I finally decided it was time to reach out and I wish I had sooner. Dr. Edelstein was absolutely amazing in helping us understand every step along the way and explaining our options to us. We followed his suggestions and after our first round of IVF we are currently 8 weeks pregnant such a blessing and the nursing team is also as equally amazing anytime I had questions they were always there with the answers and support I needed. I highly recommend shady grove fertility to anyone looking to grow their family. Thank you so much to our SGF family.
Heather Slayton – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Very kind and friendly, but most importantly helped guide me through every step of the IVF process. We are very pleased with our experience at SGF and with all the providers we encountered.
Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein and his team at Shady Grove Fertility are top-notch. Throughout my entire process, he was professional, kind, caring, and always listening. He was truly 24/7 hands-on and I always felt like I was with the best doctor and team for my fertility needs. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Edelstein if you are considering IVF. You will be so happy you did. I cannot day enough nice things! I am now 9 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and owe it all to Dr. E and his team!
May 01, 2020
We are so excited to hear about your amazing...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr. E. has helped us twice now in fulfilling our dreams of getting pregnant. We have a beautiful 3 year old daughter thanks to him. We unfortunately just found out we have lost our 2nd miracle baby, but without his help, we never would've been blessed with this life no matter how little time we had with him/her. If/when we decide to try again, he will be our first stop.
Amanda – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
The fertility journey can be a bumpy one. After 4+ years of trying to conceive we came to Dr Edelstein for help. He has been consistently honest about what will and will not be effective and has always encouraged positivity. While we are still on our journey I can’t say enough about the efforts of Dr. Edelstein and the kindness of his staff and entire office.
Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr Edelstein is a fantastic doctor. We have seen quite a few in the past 8 years and many visits before finding Dr Edelstein were stressful, upsetting and unhelpful! Dr Edelstein is the complete opposite; calm, reassuring whilst factual (an excellent mix) and friendly, everything you need in a fertility specialist in what is for us all a very stressful and emotional time. A friend recommended Dr Edelstein to us and now I do the same for you all! His colleague Dr Johnston-Macananny should also get a mention as she was fabulously supportive also when visiting at weekends when Dr Edelstein was not on call.
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein is very knowledgeable and very caring.
Mandy – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Since the first appointment my wife and I had with Dr. Edelstein, we received world class customer service. After 6 months of trying to get pregnant and suffering a miscarriage, we decided to make an appointment with Dr. Edelstein. He always took his time to explain all the fertility options and processes, always received prompt responses on the online portal and phone calls to check on status. We did IVF (PGS and frozen embryo transfer) and at this moment, we are 10 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby. We are very fortunate to have found Dr. Edelstein and we can say that every single time he went above and beyond to bring us peace of mind. I’ve never met a doctor that cared so much for his patients. Highly recommend Dr. Edelstein if you are going through infertility.
AC / JC – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr Edelstein is the best Doctor we have met with in our quest spanning 10 some years on bringing a child into our family. After we first met with Dr Edelstein we knew rightaway that if we are going to do IVF, it will be at VFA (SGF now). He is a very compassionate Doctor and all the staff at VFA (SGF) has been exemplary. looking forward to a happy conclusion of our journey with regards from M & M North Carolina
Martin – Dec 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
We were so grateful for the help and expertise of Dr. Edelstein as we tried to grow our family, and are thrilled to be expecting our first baby! We previously saw a different fertility doctor in Richmond and were unhappy with the way we were treated. It was a night and day difference when we started seeing Dr. Edelstein. He really took the time to get to know us and looked at our health with a comprehensive approach that worked. Even when there were pitfalls (completely out of his control), he was so positive and understanding and helped us look at our options for moving forward. And ultimately they worked! I am so happy we found Dr. Edelstein!
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Had a great consultation with Dr. Edelstein. Warm and pleasant front desk and clinical staff and Fatima was very easy to talk to. After more than 10 years of infertility I have some renewed albeit tentative hope, and I thought I had lost that hope completely. So far in this process we have had a wonderful experience with SGF, Fatima and Dr. Edelstein and we are looking forward to what is possible.
Brandy – Aug 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr. E is great! We were so fortunate to be able to be in his care. He was patient, provided expert help and very understanding. We knew we were getting the best care possible. We would not be where we are today without him and his team. Highly recommend.
Kim F – Jul 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
I would highly recommend anyone to Dr. Edelstein! He was so great throughout the whole process of trying to conceive. He always answered any questions that my husband or I had without hesitation & very compassionate during trying times. He helped to finally get us where we wanted to be & I am currently pregnant with our first child! I couldn’t thank Dr. Edelstein enough for everything he did to help us!
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein is the best fertility doctor ever! After a very long journey of unexplained infertility, he helped us get pregnant with our 1st child by IVF in late 2016. Our perfect daughter was born in July 2017. We went back to meet with him Aug 2018 about IVF round #2, and he remembered who we were without hesitation. We are now pregnant with our 2nd child thanks to his expertise and help! He genuinely cares and goes above and beyond for his patients. I recommend him to everyone!!
A.A. in VA – Feb 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Had a great experience with dr e. He really knows what he is doing and is very compassionate about his job and helping you have ur family dreams!
elkton, VA – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein is the best. He has help us grow our family over the years. He is kind and supportive through the process. I would recommend him to all!
Richmond, VA – Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?
I had another doctor for 2 years. During that time I had 3 miscarriages. No explanation at all from her. But she certainly kept taking my money. I even had a DNC. I spent thousands of dollars. My mom found Dr Edelstein online. He was absolutely fantastic. Very knowledgeable. I went in for my first appointment with him on January 10th and he devised a plan for me. It was discovered that I had a minor clotting disorder. By the end of January I was pregnant! Healthy baby girl coming in 3 weeks!!
Tanisha Haynes in Richmond, VA – Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Edelstein, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Edelstein?

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Edelstein treats your condition or procedure

• Multiple Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Uterine Fibroids

Dr. Edelstein accepts

Dr. Edelstein accepts the following insurance:

Balanced-VA PPO
ChoiceCare Network
Coventry Health Care
Optima Health
Tricare

At Shady Grove Fertility, a service organization at heart, we are fully committed to addressing and supporting all of the needs of our patients. It's one...Read more

Michael C. Edelstein, M.D, completed his undergraduate degree at Cornell University where he graduated with Distinction in all Subjects and was elected...Read more

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility