Neurology  |
Dr. Michael Dunn, MD
Dr. Michael Dunn, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Rochester, NY. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Dunn is affiliated with Highland Hospital, Strong Memorial Hospital and Rochester General Hospital.

2101 Lac De Ville Blvd Ste 1

Rochester, NY 14618

• EmblemHealth
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield

Learn about Dr. Dunn

See how frequently Dr. Dunn performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache

Dr. Dunn's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Epilepsy
  • Essential Tremor
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine and Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Rochester Genl Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • University Rochester/Strong Meml Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Dunn has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dunn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dunn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dunn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dunn to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Dunn's Performance
    FAIR
in Rochester, NY |
Dr Dunn has been very helpful in my migraine treatment. He listens to any other issues I am having and addresses them perfectly. I recently switched doctors, but only because of my schedule.
Dr. Michael Dunn is more worried about seeing as many patients that he can fit into his schedule. He doesn't take time to listen or follow up with test results. Makes you feel like just a number. I had a medical issue, called office, spoke to a PA, who told me he was going to call in order for blood work, but never did. I had to call on-call doctor, who never called me back. I followed a NP to his office, but after she left, I felt that the office could no longer fill my needs. Staff was nice
Fairport, NY |
Dr Michael Dunn could care less about the health of patients. He was completely disrespectful to my wife and when I call to ask him about his behaviour he hung up on me. I am so disaponted that a person who is this cruel can be a doctor. Stay clear of this guy.
Geneseo, NY |
Kind of rude, hotheaded, makes one feel like an imposition.
Rochester, NY |
Both I and a parent went to him. He's dismissive & arrogant. The office staff is disorganized, rude & uninterested. They lost paperwork then refused to let us be seen without it. No one calls with results or followup we are told to wait for and rude when we call about it. Meanwhile, the patients lives are miserable & deteriorating. Office closes in a snow storm, no call to cancel. There is a culture of apathy towards patients that is unacceptable and dangerous and it starts with Dr. Dunn.
Rochester, NY |
I do owe Dr. Dunn a debt of gratitude for finally diagnosing my headaches as cluster. I don't know what I would've done if I was left to suffer as I was. I know it's a tricky disorder and not a silver bullet to get rid of, but there's been a lot of trial and error. My visits with him are generally less than 5 minutes and pretty bland. He's pretty hesitant to prescribe anything and wouldn't give me ambien when on high doses of prednisone. I'm also hesitant to switch away from him as well.
in Caledonia, NY |
Dr. Dunn is very blunt and to the point and I like that! I'm not in his office for a shoulder to cry on, I'm there to get accurate and professional medical help. I have no doubt that is what i get, short and sweet, but accurate and complete. He also returned both of my phone calls to him the same day. That goes a long way in my book.
Ny |
Great experience. Not too long of a wait spent time with us and came up with several options. Feeling better already
in Rochester, NY |
Dr. Dunn is one of the worst physicians in Rochester - My wife and I have seen him 3 times to help treat her intermittent migraines and in each appointment (all of which were under 12 mins each - including the initial consultation!) he never once listened or even addressed my wife's or my concerns regarding treatment options. He was very dismissive and offered no other options other than daily prescription medication regardless of potential side effects or overall quality of life concerns.
Rochester, NY |
Dr Dunn is a very poor communicator and did not listen to me, or adequately address my concerns, or listen to the direction I want to go concerning my care. He was dismissive. Worst experiences with a doctor I have ever had. Would never recommend him and I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with him, including his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Dunn, MD?
Are you Dr. Dunn?