Dr. Michael Dunn, MD

Dr. Michael Dunn, MD

Neurology | Male

Greater Rochester Neurology 2101 Lac De Ville Blvd Ste 1 Rochester, NY 14618 Get Directions

Dr. Michael Dunn, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Rochester, NY. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Dunn is affiliated with Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester General Hospital and Highland Hospital.

Dr. Dunn's Experience

See how Dr. Dunn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dunn

Dr. Dunn accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Dunn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dunn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dunn to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Dunn's Performance
    FAIR
Rochester, NY |
Both I and a parent went to him. He's dismissive & arrogant. The office staff is disorganized, rude & uninterested. They lost paperwork then refused to let us be seen without it. No one calls with results or followup we are told to wait for and rude when we call about it. Meanwhile, the patients lives are miserable & deteriorating. Office closes in a snow storm, no call to cancel. There is a culture of apathy towards patients that is unacceptable and dangerous and it starts with Dr. Dunn.
Rochester, NY |
I do owe Dr. Dunn a debt of gratitude for finally diagnosing my headaches as cluster. I don't know what I would've done if I was left to suffer as I was. I know it's a tricky disorder and not a silver bullet to get rid of, but there's been a lot of trial and error. My visits with him are generally less than 5 minutes and pretty bland. He's pretty hesitant to prescribe anything and wouldn't give me ambien when on high doses of prednisone. I'm also hesitant to switch away from him as well.
in Caledonia, NY |
Dr. Dunn is very blunt and to the point and I like that! I'm not in his office for a shoulder to cry on, I'm there to get accurate and professional medical help. I have no doubt that is what i get, short and sweet, but accurate and complete. He also returned both of my phone calls to him the same day. That goes a long way in my book.
Ny |
Great experience. Not too long of a wait spent time with us and came up with several options. Feeling better already
in Rochester, NY |
Dr. Dunn is one of the worst physicians in Rochester - My wife and I have seen him 3 times to help treat her intermittent migraines and in each appointment (all of which were under 12 mins each - including the initial consultation!) he never once listened or even addressed my wife's or my concerns regarding treatment options. He was very dismissive and offered no other options other than daily prescription medication regardless of potential side effects or overall quality of life concerns.
Rochester, NY |
Dr Dunn is a very poor communicator and did not listen to me, or adequately address my concerns, or listen to the direction I want to go concerning my care. He was dismissive. Worst experiences with a doctor I have ever had. Would never recommend him and I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with him, including his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Dunn, MD?
Are you Dr. Dunn?

Compare Dr. Dunn

Dr. Dunn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Dunn has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dunn's Board Certifications

• Epilepsy
  • Essential Tremor
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

Rochester Genl Hospital

Completed in 1984

University Rochester/Strong Meml Hospital

Completed in 1987

Dr. Dunn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dunn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology