Dr. Michael Dorsi, MD

Dr. Michael Dorsi, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Michael Dorsi, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Ventura, CA. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Dorsi is affiliated with Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital, St. John's Regional Medical Center, Community Memorial Hospital and Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center.

Ventura Neurosurgical Assocs

168 N Brent St Ste 408

Ventura, CA 93003

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Dorsi

Personalized attentive care. Conservative management.

Dr. Dorsi's Experience

Dr. Dorsi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Injury
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Microvascular Decompression
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) Procedure

No malpractice history found for California.

• Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine
  • University Of California-Los Angeles
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

• AANS CLOWARD SPINE FELLOWSHIP, 2011
  • AANS TASKER AWARD FOR PAIN RESEARCH, 2002

Dr. Dorsi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dorsi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dorsi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dorsi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dorsi to family and friends
Dr. Dorsi's Performance
Littleton, CO |
After a major trauma in November 2014, Dr. Dorsi attempted to reinnervate our son's paralyzed left arm due to a root avulsion brachial plexus injury. The procedure was almost 15 hours from start to finish and he and his staff did an absolutely outstanding job in keeping us posted! Later that year, after a fall resulting in a spinal cord injury, we returned again to Dr. Dorsi for the repair. Just hours after surgery my son was able to shake Dr. Dorsi's hand!! Complete Success! He's awesome!
in Oxnard, CA |
When I first met Dr Dorsi, he was confident and knowledgeable about his field. I was in really bad pain for 4 years. Working with Dr. Dorsi he gave me hope that I would be pain free once again.. He told me he was very good at what he did and assured me that I would have my quality of life back. He took his time to come up with the best plan for my injuries without using un-needed procedures to correct my problem. He delivered! He is a gifted, wonderful Neuro -Surgeon!
in Oxnard CA |
As a veteran of 5 spine surgeries, I have experience with good doctor rapport and excellent outcome. This physician provided both. Dr. Dorsi was welcoming. He explained my condition thoroughly and how he would go about helping me. He selflessly performed my surgery the day before Thanksgiving, knowing he would have to check on me the next day when I was allowed to go home. Dr. Dorsi also helped me with additional options for fully healing. I would, and have, recommended him with confidence.
Camarillo, CA |
I am writing a review for Dr. Dorsi. I hope it helps other people like me, people scared and in severe pain. Dr. Dorsi gave me my life back and I am so appreciative of him.
in Ventura, CA |
Our family was faced with a horrible situation when my father was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The physician on call was Dr. Dorsi. He delivered the news to us with extreme empathy as well as explained the medical situation thoroughly. We decided to move forward with him as our neuro surgeon which turned out to be the best decision we made. Not only is Dr. Dorsi highly intelligent and skilled as a brain surgeon, he also became a part of our family. There is no one better than Mike Dorsi!
in Valencia, CA |
I had a herniated disk that caused extreme pain in my left leg. I tried physical therapy, epidurals, etc. with no relief. I feel so fortunate that a friend recommended Dr. Dorsi. He reviewed my MRI with me and explained exactly what was wrong and how he was going to fix it. His thoroughness and confidence immediately put me at ease. When I woke up in the recovery room all of my pain was gone! It has been two months since my surgery and I feel great. I will definitely recommend Dr. Dorsi.
in Ventura, CA |
Dr. Dorsi did a disk replacement surgery on the disk between the C5 and C6 vertebrae. I thought I would be unable to move my head for a while after the surgery but I was wrong. Immediately after the surgery not only could I move my head but I had a minimal amount of pain. The scar was placed on the natural crease in my neck so it is not very noticeable. He very caring and kind and I would recommend him to anyone who needs any kind of surgery to fix a problem.
in Ventura, CA |
If I had to give Dr. Dorsi a rating in a 5-star, I would give him a 10. When I first met him, he spent a ½ hour visit with me (what doctor does that anymore?). I have spinal stenosis and DDD. I had 2 cervical spine fusions and some bone spurs removed. I had heard horror stories about the procedure, but Dr. Dorsi made me so comfortable. I was in so much pain before the procedure and now I have NONE! Seriously, it’s night and day! His staff is wonderful. He made it so easy. He is a kind and excell
in Ventura, CA |
I could barely walk due to the pain in my left side. I met with Dr. Dorsi and, due to the severity of my pain, he recommended fusion surgery and stated it would be best to have it sooner than later so I would have a quicker and better recovery. Dr. Dorsi was very good with going over all the details.Dr. Dorsi stayed in touch with my wife and family while I was in surgery. After my surgery, he stopped by two or three times a day to check on me. I can walk and am pain free. I highly recommend him
in Monterey Park, CA |
I’ve been troubled with nerve pain in both legs for years. The pain got so bad that physical therapy and epidurals no longer helped. During my first meeting, Dr Dorsi went into details about what needed to be done. He told me my surgery would be a big surgery. Upon awakening in the hospital, my leg pain was gone. It was the best feeling! I was very impressed with Dr Dorsi. He visited me at the rehabilitation center to take my stitches out. When is the last time anyone had a "house call" by a Dr
North Hollywood, CA |
Everything went great. I’m happy with how I’m doing. The surgery was in August so I’m still recovering. I’m still a little sore and have a little pain, but that’s only because my muscles are not quite back to normal. Dr. Dorsi was excellent. He was really nice. Never rude. He always made sure to answer all of my questions. P. M.
in Oxnard |
Until Dr. dorsi, I'd done everything to relieve my back pain. I'd lived w/it for 4 years, was in & out of a walker. The back pain was getting worse. Dr. Dorsi told me exactly what he was going to do, how he was going to do it. He made me feel very comfortable. I’ve had lots of surgeries & the back surgery was the one I was most afraid of. Dr. Dorsi/his crew made sure I was comfortable/reassured. After surgery, he came to visit me every day in recovery. I'm now able to garden again, thank you!
in Ventura, CA |
To put it simply: Dr. Dorsi gave me my life back. He is a very special person and I can trust him unconditionally. Ventura County has landed this bright, energetic and talented young surgeon who is destined to make a major mark in the field. His expertise will be long recognized. P. E.
in Ventura, CA |
I have a son who is Dr. Dorsi's age and I would honestly be privileged to have Dr. Dorsi as a son. I adore him. After surgery, I was in the hospital for two weeks and he came to visit me every single day. I repeat, every single day. Then, after I went to the rehab center, he came to see me multiple time period. Not in his medical scrubs, but in his normal clothes. he really takes care of his patients.
in Ventura, CA |
I was a 84-year old man with a bad back caused by years of an active life and rheumatoid arthritis. After X-rays of my back, my primary Doctor referred me to Dr. Michael Dorsi. After reviewing my condition, he found I had collapsed discs and pinched nerves which made surgery the only option. After back surgery on October 14, 2014, I was back to bowling in 5 months. I was in the senior PBA tour in my early eighties and am now having fun again at 85. D.W.
in Ventura, CA |
It was unfortunate to need spinal surgery, but it was most fortunate to have chosen Dr. Michael Dorsi as my surgeon. His competence, professionalism, accessible personality and willingness to explain all the medical aspects of both the surgery and the recovery made a difficult journey seem possible and doable. I am grateful to him and to his wonderful and helpful office staff for all their efforts on my behalf. I will refer to him without reservation. S.B.
in Ventura, CA |
My experience with Dr. Dorsi has been nothing but outstanding. He is thorough, respectful, courteous, and EXTREMELY knowledgeable in his field. I would recommend him above all others. He corrected 15 years of botched surgeries, allowing me to stand up straight for the first time in ages. I am so thankful that I found this wonderful and talented human being. Don’t hesitate to become a patient!
in Van Nuys, CA |
When I was told I most likely needed back surgery, I was terrified and skeptical. But after meeting Dr. Dorsi, all my concerns were laid to rest. He was very knowledgeable and down to earth. He explained the procedure in a way that I could understand. My care with Dr. Dorsi and his office staff exceeded my expectations. Five months after my very successful surgery, I was hiking in Alaska. I’m also riding my horse all over the mountains again. Thanks to Dr. Dorsi, I have my quality of life back.
in Ventura |
My experience with Dr. Dorsi and his staff was excellent. After living with progressively debilitation pain for over a year, I am now virtually pain free. I appreciated his straight forward manner, his ability to diagnose my problem, and his aggressive approach. While surgery is never pleasant, I was able to understand it was my only path to relief and it was very successful. Dr. Dorsi an amazing surgeon and a gentleman, and he personally ushers his patients in from the waiting room, so classy!
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
I have a son who is Dr. Dorsi’s age and I would honestly be privileged to have Dr. Dorsi as a son. I adore him. After surgery, I was in the hospital for two weeks and he came to visit me every single day. I repeat, every single day. Then, after I went to the rehab center, he came to see me multiple times. Not in his medical scrubs, but wearing his normal clothes. He really takes care of his patients. I am now one year out and have no pain!!!!
Camarillio, CA |
Misdiagnosed and flipped flopped on what procedure he would recommend. I am going to see another neurosurgeon, I just don't trust Dr. Dorsi anymore. The staff could care less in transferring my medical records to my new doctor.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr. Dorsi was amazing!! I have been having issues for years and he was able to find out what was wrong and did an amazing job. Not only do I understand what has been going on with me but the people he recommended to help also explained things others could not figure out. His surgery was to perfection and even though he told me it would not cure me I instantly felt better and would say I am about 90% now. The staff were outstanding and I can't say anything negative about the whole experience.
in Ventura, Ca |
Dr. Dorsi repaired my fractured vertebra. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Dorsi. He is a skilled surgeon. I knew immediately I was in excellent hands while under his care. He is easy to talk to and he has excellent people skills . My back is in better shape than it has been in 20+ years. I will recommend him to everyone I know. He's the very best.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Dorsi, MD?
Are you Dr. Dorsi?

Visit Dr. Dorsi

Dr. Dorsi accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of California HMO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
  • Blue Shield of California
    Local Access Plus HMO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA