Dr. Michael Domer, MD

Dr. Michael Domer, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Michael Domer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Domer is affiliated with Oasis Hospital, Banner - Unviersity Medical Center Phoenix, HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center and Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.

Arizona Orthopedic Associates

690 N Cofco Center Ct Ste 290

Phoenix, AZ 85008

• AARP
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Wausau Benefits
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Domer

See how frequently Dr. Domer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
Ankle Sprains and Strains
Knee Disorders
high

Dr. Domer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Domer "A Message from Michael Domer, M.D. I was always going to be a professional baseball player. That was my life goal that took a turn when I got injured before my freshman year at ASU. I had a shoulder and knee injury that caused me to spend plenty of time with the team physician. Spending time with him helped me decide to pursue medicine. In orthopedics, more than other specialties, we typically have a cure for people's problems. Other doctors spend a lot of time managing patient's problems. I like that orthopedic surgeons can return patients to their pre-injured status. Although I bring my expertise to my patients, I rely on THEM to direct their care. I appreciate a well-educated patient. We work together to dictate your care. I am a physician first and a surgeon second. My goal is to get you back to your lifestyle in the safest way possible. Sometimes it involves surgery, but often it won't."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Broken Neck
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Arizona State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Saint Louis University / School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Saint Louis University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Maricopa Integrated Health System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Domer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Domer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Domer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Domer is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Domer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Domer to family and friends
Dr. Domer's Performance
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr. Domer was professional, courteous, and friendly. He explained my surgery very well and I would not hesitate to recommend him to everyone I know should they require an orthopedic surgeon.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Today I swam laps 6 weeks to the day that I had hip replacement surgery. I am over the top thrilled. Beyond that I was totally thrilled with Dr. Domer. He was honest and direct after seeing my xrays. From that point on he and his staff were amazing. Even the staff at the hospital held him in high regard. I would recommend Dr. Domer to anyone needing this surgery. He loves what he does for people. Personally he gave me my quality of life back. My family and I are so grateful.
Phoenix, AZ |
I saw Dr Domer in mid-January with painful joints in both hips. I had my first Hip done, Feb 9. I went home the next day. On the way home I stopped by my office where the staff was amazed as I walked in, said hello, got hugs, and then off to the house. Surgery was on a Thursday, I worked a few hours on Monday and by the following week was putting 40 hours in again. My incision was only 4" long. I had no PT, off all pain meds within 10 days. Only complaint, better magazines in waiting room
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I cannot say enough about Dr. Michael Domer and his entire staff. I was always treated with professionalism, kindness and courtesy. Dr. Domer's surgery was a complete success for me. I feel there is something unique and special about Dr. Domer; I have highly recommended him to friends and acquaintances and will continue to do so. I was impressed with his honesty, his compassion and his humble and direct manner. I'm proud to call him my doctor and surgeon. Thank you so much, Dr. Domer!
in Phoenix, AZ |
2015 I had a total knee replacement surgery by Dr. Domer, I was 83 at the time. When the time came for my 2nd knee replacement, I had no reservations about choosing Dr. Domer for my second surgery. He is explains everything very thoroughly and is an excellent surgeon. My second surgery was as successful as the first.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Domer had me at ease from the very first visit. He explained everything, showed me the x-rays of how bad my hip was. He did not push the surgery on me, let me make up my own mind about it. He listened to all of my questions and gave me good answers and did not try to rush me out. I would recommend him to everyone I know who needs any orthopedic surgery. I think very highly of him. He has a great bedside manor and is a very caring person.
Phoenix, AZ |
I met Dr. Domer when I arrived at the emergency room late one night and he performed surgery on my right wrist and elbow. In my opinion, he did an excellent job, regularly visited me in the hospital and continued to care for my healing following my release from rehab. He was professional, polite, prompt, calm, and courteous, as was his staff. Despite an unpleasant and painful situation, he was supportive an encouraging throughout.
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr. Domer is a wonderful and caring doctor. He's also very personable and professional. He makes me feel like I'm his friend and is very careful when he gives me shots in my knees as to not hurt me. He's thorough and explains things to me on what I can expect from the synvisc. I've been going to him for five years and I look forward to seeing him each time I need to have more injections. I mention him to anyone I hear that needs synvisc shots.
in Phoenix, AZ |
So many doctors these days are pressured by how many patients they see each day, and often they are looking at their computer instead of at their patients. I recently was sent to Dr. Michael Domer after fracturing my patella in Phoenix. He took his time and I could not have been more pleased with his personable, comforting, thorough care. He considered other health issues of mine as well and I was completely confident with his care. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Michael Domer!
in Seattle, WA and Scottsdale, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Domer in 2009 for hip replacement surgery. I had the procedure successfully in Jan of 2010. I have had follow up meetings to review my recovery and the results of the surgery. All were very successful. He is always easy to see, and has been positive in my ongoing results, and activities. I would recommend Dr. Domer to any other patients considering this procedure.
in Peoria ,AZ |
Okay so I normally do not do reviews but, I will say that I was really scared to have a hip replacement,being that I am only 37 years old. I had a left hip injury from a car accident over 15 years ago Dr. Domer replaced my left hip when no other doctor would. Dr. Domer did an amazing job. I want to cry! I feel like he gave me my life back. I am not limping like I was at the beginning of my surgery. I am just 32 days post-op. No walker ,no cane, and no crutches! I do my PT and my home exercise!
in Mesa az. |
Dr Domer did a hip replacement for me and it went fantastic I was at home in like 30 hours from the time I left my home until I was back home with a new hip. It's been 4 months now and my hip is so perfect I forget I even had it replaced.. Dr Domer is a outstanding surgeon. You will be happy that you chose him I SURE AM,Brian
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Domer saved my life when it looked like I wouldn't survive another day due to major infection in my hip and femur.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Domer, MD?
Are you Dr. Domer?

Visit Dr. Domer

Dr. Domer accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Humana HMO
    Humana PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Wausau Benefits

Phoenix, AZ 85006
HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center
250 E Dunlap Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85020

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Domer at Arizona Orthopedic Associates