Dr. Michael Dolphin, DO

Dr. Michael Dolphin, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Dolphin, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Davenport, IA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

3385 Dexter Ct Ste 300

Davenport, IA 52807

• CoreSource
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Dolphin

See how frequently Dr. Dolphin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Dolphin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery*

• Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• University At Albany
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute Of Technology
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Community General Osteopathic Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Memorial Hospital

Dr. Dolphin has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Dolphin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dolphin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dolphin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dolphin to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Dolphin's Performance
in Morrison, Illinois |
I injured my back in August of 2016. After seeing X-ray and MRI results, my medical Dr. suggested seeing Dr. Dolphin. He did anterior/posterior lumbar fusion and I was pain free the day after surgery. Dr. Dolphin and his entire staff were so professional and efficient, I highly recommend them to anyone having back or leg pain. My pain was so bad I could hardly walk and I was back to work driving a semi in July of this year. Thank you Dr. dolphin and staff!
Bettendorf |
Dr. Dolphin performed a microdiscectomy on my lower back. I was home the same day. After a few days of rest, I was back almost to 100%. My leg pain was gone from day 1. Truly a great experience with Dr. Dolphin. I couldn't be happier.
in Davenport, IA |
Dr. Dolphin was very thorough and very kind. He preformed a lumbar laminectomy on me on August 28, I remained in the hospital overnight, recovered at home for the next couple of weeks and then began physical therapy. By Sept. 24, I was hiking with my family in the Smoky Mountains! The expertise and care of he and his staff were excellent!
in Bettendorf, IA |
After meeting with Dr Dolphin once, I felt confident in his ability to help me. I made the right decision, best doctor ever.
in Fulton, Il |
I have already recommended Dr. Dolphin to two friends. He's not only an excellent doctor but his whole nursing staff is excellent. I am very happy that Dr. Dolphin was recommended to me.
in Milan, IL |
Highly recommended - I had two bulging disc in my neck (C5-C6 and C6-C7) - went through steroid shots, pain killers and physical therapy- all which helped but only temporarily- after I was done with dealing with constant pain, numbness and tingling in my left arm - I decided to go see what my surgery options were - Dr. Dolphin was recommended to me by my general doctor and by reading reviews like this!! He is exceptional surgeon and I would 100% recommend him to anyone!!
in bettendorf, ia |
Dr.Dolphin and his team are great. I like the fact that with me he tried non invasive treatments before recommending surgery. I am 12 weeks post op from ACDF surgery and I have a successful fusion. I am able to look forward to each day, not look forward to when the day is going to end. I am able to play with my children once again.
in Port Byron, IL |
I saw Dr. Dolphin for low back and nerve pain. He gave me comfort with his knowledge, confidence, and excitement in being able to help me. Dr. Dolphin spent two visits explaining the procedure of a laminectomy and microdisectomy. He and his staff are excellent and I highly recommend them. I am very pleased with the personal care I received. And my nerve pain is gone! Thank You Dr. Dolphin!
in Bettendorf, Iowa |
The whole staff from check-in to Dr. Dolphin were excellent at all visits. I had a microdiscectomy. He first recommended Physical therapy, then injection. When I did not get relief in those ways, he recommended the surgery. I was having hip and leg pain. It was outpatient surgery. Since the surgery I am pain free 99% of the time. The nurse called the first day after surgery, Dr. Dolphin called 2nd day after surgery, both checking to see how I was doing. I am extremely happy Dr. Dolphin and staf
in Davenport, ia |
First of all, his staff is so friendly and helpful. This makes for a positive experience. I was in extreme pain on my first visit and they were caring and understanding. Dr. Dolphin is very friendly and answered all of my questions and concerns. I was amazed at just how quickly my pain disappeared. Highly recommended! Thank you Dr Dolphin and your staff.
in Davenport, IA |
DR. DOLPHIN IS A 10 ON A SCALE OF 5. ANOTHER SURGEON WANTED TO SEND ME TO A HOSPITAL AWAY FROM HOME BECAUSE "IT WAS BEYOND HIS EXPERTISE". I HAD A SECOND OPTION WITH DR. DOLPHIN IN MY HOMETOWN AND HE SCHEDULED ME FOR "OUT PATIENT" SURGERY. UPON RETURN TO MY HOME I CLIMBED MY STAIRS WITH NO HELP. I AM RECOMMENDING DR. DOLPHIN TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I EVEN HAVE ONE OF MY OTHER PHYSICIANS SCHEDULED FOR AN APPOINTMENT. THIS WAS NOT LASER SURGERY... IT'S BEEN 7 WEEKS AND I FEEL GREAT -NO PAIN.
in Moline, IL |
Dr Dolphin was excellent in explaining the procedure to me, great bedside manner. The staff is very knowledgeable and caring. I had a great result with my back surgery, leg pain relieved. I would highly recommend Dr Dolphin.
in Clinton, IA |
After 30 yrs of pain in lower back and limited mobility with my legs and money spent with pain killers, chiropractics and physical therapy finally a dr who listened to me and took xrays and a mri. Herniated L4-L5 spinal stenosis S1 and 2 spurs with nerve pain going all the way to my toes in both legs. I work in a factory! I am in less pain after surgery and i got my legs back. I was back to work after 6 weeks. I am still in physical therapy and about 2 months out from surgery.
in Burlington,Iowa |
Initially all was well. He accepted me as a surgical case. He spent time showing me the procedure. Explained what was expected of me during surgery and post care. However, the anterior approach required a heart specialist be present during the procedure. This made me uncomfortable. So the day of my appt to meet with the heart doc, I changed my mind. The risk seemed to possible. Within 20 minutes I received a call, discharging me from dr. Dolphins care and banned forever. How childish is that?
in Davenport, IA |
Dr. Dolphin explained everything to me on how the operation would go. He got right down to the point on how my back needed to be fixed. He is an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Aledo, IL |
Truly professional doctor and staff. Couldn't ask for better results. Completely satisfied.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Dolphin, DO?
Are you Dr. Dolphin?

Visit Dr. Dolphin

Dr. Dolphin accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • CoreSource
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico