Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Dempsey

Dempsey and Rodbard Mds

3200 Tower Oaks Blvd Ste 250 Rockville, MD 20852

Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Rockville, MD and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Harvard Medical School medical school in 1983. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dempsey to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in Rockville

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Dempsey accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Dempsey's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Dempsey's Top Procedures and Conditions

Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Dr. Dempsey treats Diabetic Ketoacidosis more than 14% of his peers

Dr. Dempsey treats this condition more than 14% of his peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Dempsey treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 10% of his peers

Dr. Dempsey treats this condition more than 10% of his peers

• Vitamin D Deficiency

Dr. Dempsey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dempsey

Dr. Dempsey?
  • Appointment scheduling (39)
  • Office environment (39)
  • Staff friendliness (39)
  • Long wait times (32)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
I have been his patient for about 4 years. I have always found him knowledgeable, concerned, willing to address questions and issues in an understandable fashion, non-pompous. His scheduling is excellent so that there is little or no waiting
Nick Dale – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Issue with high T4 so went to Dr. Dempsey for further examination. It was complete and educational in how he described what could be happening. Spent time explaining and drawing upside down...not sure how he did that so well.
David Serway – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Dempsey for 31 years. He is awesome and tells you the facts. I’ve lived with Type 1 diabetes for 52 years. Because of Dr. Dempsey working with me over the years I have stayed extremely healthy. I was fortunate enough to be his very first pump patient. Dr. Dempsey stays on top of his research and he keeps me informed of what is new out there. At this time there is no cure for diabetes, but working with Dr. Dempsey has enabled me to have minimal complications and lead a “normal” life. Thanks Dr. Dempsey.
Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Are you the same MD which sponsors a diabetics app and keeps sending presentations on how I can get rid of my type 2 in 2 days ?
Paulfun6 – Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Doctor Dempsey was extremely thorough analyzing my medical history and suggesting a change in medications. My A1C has been much better under his supervision. I send him Libre two week glucose reports. He always responds in the same and makes suggestions regarding changes in my medications. I would recommend him to anyone that's suffering from diabetes.
Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Dempsey for many years. He is kind, understanding, and very knowledgable. He's always willing to try something new, tackle a problem with a novel solution. He also makes himself very available to email and calls when needed. As a type one diabetic, he has helped me reach my best A1c and by far my best periods of control, after a more difficult period prior to seeing him. Of all the endo's I have seen, he is by far my favorite.
David – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Regular patient, excellent, thorough. Informed on latest stuff. Independent of mind. We caught a cancer that could have been a save. We also contributed to advancing the field
E C – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Dempsey's for some 20 years. In all that time I have found him to be an excellent doctor. He understands diabetes and how to deal with it. He has put me in test groups he has managed and always been there for me. He returns calls and is very professional. His office is well run with no long waits for appointments. I highly recommend him.
Bill Scott – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I tried to get an appointment with Dr. Dempsey but was told that their practice does not accept Medicare. That is pitiful and a disservice to the community.
Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
It's easy to see why Dr Dempsey has so many great reviews. Dr Dempsey has helped me a lot. He has been courteous and kind since I began seeing him 2 years ago. My internist referred me because of diabetes and thyroid problems which another endocrinologist couldn't solve. It was driving me crazy. She said Dr Dempsey would be her first choice if she ever needed an endocrinologist. She also said she had sent her husband to see him, which was good enough for me! As others have written, Dr Dempsey listens, and is non-judgemental. My control has never been better. He has a nice bedside manner and is very prompt. He always calls with lab results, saving me unecessary appointments and time away from my job. I recommend him highly.
  • Long wait times
The Best – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey is an outstanding and caring endocrinologist. His expertise and thoughtful approach have been instrumental to my improved health. I fully agree with the entire range of positive comments made by his other patients. He is terrific.
Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
My wife has been seeing Dr. Dempsey for over 25 years, and we believe that he is a world-class physician. He really cares about his patients, and is the only doctor that we have that we can contact any time via email, text or telephone. He always gets back to us within a few hours. He also has her send her glucose data once a week, and examines the data and provides any changes that he feels are needed for her basal rates for her Medtronic insulin pump. We recommend him extremely highly.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I've been seeing Dr D. for 5 years. He is a nice, very smart doctor who listens to you. My diabetes control has never been better. He is very calm, which helps me a lot. He is my only doctor who always calls me with my lab results. Highly recommend.
Susan W. in Herndon, VA – Feb 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey is a thoughtful caring doctor. When you are in his office you know that your situation has his full attention. Unlike other physicians, you never feel that he is rushing on to the next patient. He will always make sure that you thoroughly understand your condition and your treatment options.
Christina S. in Gaithersburg, MD – Oct 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
He carefully explains the medical conditions and the treatments. He is available for further discussions. He understands the current therapies and describes the potential issues as well as the benefits. He is very pleasant and courteous. He is truly one of the best doctors I've had.
Jack in Derwood, MD – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey was referred by one of the DC area's leading Internal Med specialists, Dr. Howard Goldstein. Both are "doctors doctors" As a patient since contracting Type 1 diabetes in 2010, unexpectedly at age 73, Dr. Dempsey has shown interest in my personal well-being, recommended upgrading to Insulin pump, given good advice, and demonstrated exceptional competence. Having served in tests of new medications with full disclosure and close concern, I recommend him unequivocally.
Steve Bursten in Bethesda, MD – Oct 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I have been a diabetic for almost 20 years. In this time, I have seen many endocrinologists, but he is the first that I have been satisfied with enough to see for more than a year or two -- at this point, I believe that I have been seeing him for well over 10 years. Of all the endocrinologists whose care I have been under, Dr. Dempsey has been the most thorough, respectful, and professional, by far. I would recommend any family member or friend to him without hesitation.
Matt S in Silver Spring, MD – Sep 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey has treated several family members for more than a decade. He is extremely professional, kind, informative and up-to-date with developments and products in the field. He has always been and continues to respond promptly to all questions and concerns. He is highly respected by the other medical specialists providing medical care to our family.
Jean S in Garrett Park – Sep 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey is my and my son’s Diabetes doctor. We think very highly of him and consider him an excellent Endocrinologist who truly cares for his patients, treating everyone with the highest respect. Dr. Dempsey carefully listens to his patient’s concerns and can be reached on his cell phone. When I travelled overseas and had Diabetes medical emergencies he promptly responded. I highly recommend Dr. Dempsey as a Diabetes Specialist. He is listed in The Washingtonian Top Doctors yearly issue.
Arlene in Potomac, MD – Sep 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I have known Dr. Michael Dempsey for almost 15years, to be exact. Dr. Dempsey has a very professional approach and has an exceptional sense of responsibility with his patients and staff. Dr. Dempsey's work is exemplary and very trustworthy in his practice also very respectful to patients and staff as well. I would recommend my family and friends to is practice. Kenneth Payso
Kenneth Payso in Montgomery Village, MD – Sep 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dempsey?

My practice is focused on careful, personalized management of hormonal disorders.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism