Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Dempsey

Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Rockville, MD and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1983 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Make an appointment

Dr. Dempsey accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Dempsey's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Dempsey's Top Procedures and Conditions

Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Dr. Dempsey treats Diabetic Ketoacidosis more than 14% of his peers

Dr. Dempsey treats this condition more than 14% of his peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Dempsey treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 10% of his peers

Dr. Dempsey treats this condition more than 10% of his peers

• Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroid Nodule
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

My practice is focused on careful, personalized management of hormonal disorders.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dempsey

Dr. Dempsey?
Dr. Dempsey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD
My wife has been seeing Dr. Dempsey for over 25 years, and we believe that he is a world-class physician. He really cares about his patients, and is the only doctor that we have that we can contact any time via email, text or telephone. He always gets back to us within a few hours. He also has her send her glucose data once a week, and examines the data and provides any changes that he feels are needed for her basal rates for her Medtronic insulin pump. We recommend him extremely highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I've been seeing Dr D. for 5 years. He is a nice, very smart doctor who listens to you. My diabetes control has never been better. He is very calm, which helps me a lot. He is my only doctor who always calls me with my lab results. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey is a thoughtful caring doctor. When you are in his office you know that your situation has his full attention. Unlike other physicians, you never feel that he is rushing on to the next patient. He will always make sure that you thoroughly understand your condition and your treatment options.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
He carefully explains the medical conditions and the treatments. He is available for further discussions. He understands the current therapies and describes the potential issues as well as the benefits. He is very pleasant and courteous. He is truly one of the best doctors I've had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey was referred by one of the DC area's leading Internal Med specialists, Dr. Howard Goldstein. Both are "doctors doctors" As a patient since contracting Type 1 diabetes in 2010, unexpectedly at age 73, Dr. Dempsey has shown interest in my personal well-being, recommended upgrading to Insulin pump, given good advice, and demonstrated exceptional competence. Having served in tests of new medications with full disclosure and close concern, I recommend him unequivocally.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I have been a diabetic for almost 20 years. In this time, I have seen many endocrinologists, but he is the first that I have been satisfied with enough to see for more than a year or two -- at this point, I believe that I have been seeing him for well over 10 years. Of all the endocrinologists whose care I have been under, Dr. Dempsey has been the most thorough, respectful, and professional, by far. I would recommend any family member or friend to him without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey has treated several family members for more than a decade. He is extremely professional, kind, informative and up-to-date with developments and products in the field. He has always been and continues to respond promptly to all questions and concerns. He is highly respected by the other medical specialists providing medical care to our family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey is my and my son’s Diabetes doctor. We think very highly of him and consider him an excellent Endocrinologist who truly cares for his patients, treating everyone with the highest respect. Dr. Dempsey carefully listens to his patient’s concerns and can be reached on his cell phone. When I travelled overseas and had Diabetes medical emergencies he promptly responded. I highly recommend Dr. Dempsey as a Diabetes Specialist. He is listed in The Washingtonian Top Doctors yearly issue.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
I have known Dr. Michael Dempsey for almost 15years, to be exact. Dr. Dempsey has a very professional approach and has an exceptional sense of responsibility with his patients and staff. Dr. Dempsey's work is exemplary and very trustworthy in his practice also very respectful to patients and staff as well. I would recommend my family and friends to is practice. Kenneth Payso
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Dr. Dempsey has been my physician for 22 years and is the best I have ever known. He treats me and my family with the utmost kindness and respect. He responds immediately in medical emergencies. A Washington’s “Top Doc” for years, he takes his time with us, listens carefully and never hurries. He draws my blood himself, and it is always painless. He responds quickly to calls or emails and calls personally with clinical test and blood work results. We are extremely blest to have him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
First doctor who took the time to listen to me. My mother and I both see Dr Dempsey. My mom for diabetes, me for thyroid. He has been available whenever I need him (he gives patients his cell phone). When my mom was in the hospital (not for diabetes) he called to check on her. Dr Dempsey was the only doctor, of all of her doctors, who took the time to call. He is willing to work with me on different treatments, and always involves me in deciding re treatments. Runs on time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
Worst physician contact ever. Didn't listen correctly, formulated a false premise and walked out of initial consultation for unknown reason. I was shocked by his treatment of me. I am a medical professional and have never seen such behavior before. I chose him outside of my insurance because I wanted someone with his credentials and diagnostic abilities, unfortunately I was sorely disappointed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?
He is hands down the best and most thorough doctor I have ever met. He spent over an hour on my initial exam and wanted to know a very detailed medical history. He takes his time to get to know his patients and he helped me discover that I was suffering from PCOS when no other doctor was able to make sense of my symptoms. He is a trained expert in his field and it is quite evident. I HIGHLY recommend him! I wish I didn't move to NC so I could continue my care with him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dempsey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dempsey?