Dr. Michael Dekker, DO

Dr. Dekker
Telehealth services available

Southwest Network

3640 W Osborn Rd Ste 1 Phoenix, AZ 85019

Dr. Michael Dekker, DO is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dekker to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Dekker treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Dekker's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Counseling Services
  • Detoxification
  • Detoxification Evaluation
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

Dr. Dekker accepts

Dr. Dekker accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Tricare

Dr. Dekker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dekker

Dr. Dekker?
  • Appointment scheduling (8)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (8)
  • Explained conditions well (8)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
Dr. Dekker honestly saved my life. I've been to many psychiatrists over 15 years and he is the one who tried something different and really listened to me and believed my life and symptoms could be improved. I could tell he had a lot of patients, but he was always very present and kind. It's very hard to find a new doctor like that since moving, but I am very grateful I had his help for a bit!
May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dekker, DO?
Best doctor I've ever encountered.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dekker, DO?
I recently moved to Arizona to start a new life. I had already started the journey of sobriety so one of the first things I had to to do when I got here was find a new doctor. Luckily I was able to get in to see Dr. Dekker and I am very glad that I found him. I do travel from Chandler to Phoenix but it's worth it. He actually takes time to figure out what is going on and what to do about it. He is very caring and flexible with scheduling which I appreciate!! I definitely recommend him!
FM in Chandler, AZ – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dekker, DO?
If there were more doctors like Dr Dekker I would not mind so much having to see a doctor, this man is absolutely down to earth and genuine and truly wants to help whatever your situation might be. In 48 years I've never had a doctor call and check on me just to make sure I was ok when I didn't make it on time for an appointment, his commitment to his patients is nothing less than amazing to me and I would highly recommend him.
Luke C in phoenix , AZ – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dekker, DO?
Dr. Dekker is fantastic. He has been extremely understanding, agreeable, and helpful to me. Just an all-around great guy and great doctor. I've heard people complain that the wait time can be a little long sometimes, but its because he takes time to talk to you and see how you're doing. Plus, the wait is worth the service in my opinion and I have no problem with it
C in Tempe, AZ – Jun 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dekker, DO?
I am a 100% disabled veteran suffering from multiple TBIs , Severe PTSD and anxiety. I am also the victim of physical/emotional abuse and domestic violence during my 5 year marriage to a Marine.Most psychiatrists I have seen have been eager to simply write me scripts and send me on my way. He is incredibly caring and one of the few doctors that take time to ensure you understand every aspect of your diagnoses and spends time ensuring that each diagnosis you had previously is accurate!
Kristen in Phoenix, AZ – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dekker, DO?
Dr. Dekker treats myself and my wife and has treated us with care, respect, and thoughtfulness. We have both struggled with doctors for a long time and finally found Dr. Dekker who listened to all of our concerns and was the only doctor that actually found something that worked for us! He goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and taken care of and explains treatments and medications. He even let my wife bring her emotional support animal into appointments with her. Definitely recommend!
Cindy and Sydnee P. in Phoenix, AZ – Nov 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Dekker, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Dekker?

The 2nd Chance Philosophy is that Alcohol and Opioid Use Disorders are medical conditions that need to be treated with a comprehensive and ongoing treatment...Read more

Dr. Michael Dekker grew up on the South Side of Chicago and attended the University of Arizona for pre-physiological sciences. He went on to...Read more

• Addiction Psychiatry