Dr. Michael Decherd, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 51

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Michael Decherd, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in San Antonio, TX and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center and North Central Baptist Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Michael Decherd, MD

San Antonio Plastic Surgery Institute

414 W Sunset Rd San Antonio, TX 78209 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Quiet Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Decherd's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Breast Lift Surgery
  • Breast Reduction
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Facelift
  • Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Skin Aging
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair
  • Wrinkles

Dr. Decherd accepts

Dr. Decherd accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Decherd's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Decherd

Dr. Decherd

The Best In The Industry
From the first consult Dr. Decherd and his staff gave me the assurance that I was in the right place and answered every question I could think of before and after my surgery. I had a tummy tuck which included muscle repair as well as some lipo to the flanks. My scar is super low, barely noticeable, and my belly button looks like I was born with it! My breast lift with implants look amazing and feel like my own. I couldn’t be more satisfied with my results! I would definitely return in the future should I like more work done. Overall, this was the bast experience and I am extremely happy with my new body! I only regret not doing it sooner!
Laura – Apr 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
In love with the results of my breast augmentation! Dr. Decherd did an amazing job! Couldn't have chosen a better surgeon. I definitely recommend him ????????????
Monica – Jan 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
The staff at Dr. Decherd's office were all stellar! Everyone was kind and respectful as well as timely and informative. Dr. Decherd has an excellent rapport with patients. And the most important part -- excellent results! I'm very pleased with the tummy tuck and breast lift I had done.
Jan 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Dr Decherd and his staff are amazing! I had a mommy makeover and the results exceeded my expectations. They really care for there patients, any time I had a concern or problem they quickly addressed it. I highly recommend this facility!
Heather – Jan 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Dr. Decherd and his whole team made me feel so comfortable and cared for. Highly recommend!
Dec 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Dr Decherd is honest, to the point and one of the top Surgeons in San Antonio. I was referred by a friend and I continue to refer my friends. His work is done so well, unless you tell someone…they just think your improvement in appearance is due to getting good sleep, healthy eating and a good skin care routine! Natural- not plastic outcome!!! He will not upsell you - only recommends what you truly can benefit from. Also, he doesn’t charge for consultations like many Surgeons who are just out to make a quick buck. You won’t be disappointed.
Another happy patient! – Jul 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
I highly recommend this doctor for anyone looking to get a picture-perfect tummy! My tummy tuck came out amazing. Dr. Decherd and his staff were super flexible and accommodating to me. They made an exception for a surgery date for me, which may not always be possible, but they were willing to try. I will forever be appreciative of how cautious he was in making sure I was in tip-top shape before surgery. I was ready to rush to get on the operating table but thankfully he put my health first and created a plan of action so we could get me to my finish line as safe as possible. I am truly appreciative of his approach to making sure I was healthy enough FIRST. He is an amazing doctor and artist! My results are awesome! Summer 2021 here we come! Thank you so much to all of the lovely ladies that support Dr. Decherd as well! The whole team is 10 out of 10! Book with Dr. Decherd if you haven't, it will be worth it!
MM – Jun 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Dr. Decherd and staff were absolutely amazing! Not only am I over pleased with my results and the entire process, but the care taken during and after has been outstanding. Would recommend over and over to any family or friend! 10/10 stars!
Lacey LeTourneau – May 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Dr.Decherd and his staff are amazing! After having my two children, breastfeeding both of them, then losing over 50lbs it definitely took a toll on my body. I contacted The office for a mommy makeover and my results are phenomenal! Thank you for the most amazing care and kindness. Highly recommended!
Melissa A. – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Had a tummy tuck with lipo to the flanks. Dr. Decherd's staff is amazing! They were friendly and answered all my questions before and after surgery. Dr. Decherd himself created a masterpiece! I could not be happier with my results. I did find it interesting that he takes a very "back to basics" approach as far as prepping and healing from surgery. There were no pre-surgery labs done. In fact, I only met with him one time prior to surgery and that was at my consultation 2 months before the procedure. But, I called about a week before I went under and they answered all my questions/concerns about the upcoming surgery. As far as recovery, there were no supplements/massages/special binders recommended either. Basically, just wear a compression garment for 6 weeks and that was it. I am now 10 weeks post op and just had my final meeting with him. Everything looks amazing and has healed beautifully!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
K Chapman – Jan 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Dr. Decherd is a fabulous, no-nonsense surgeon. He will straight up tell you what will work, what won't work, while addressing all of your questions and concerns. There are no marketing gimmicks here! His surgical technique is superb and his staff go above and beyond to accommodate personal or individual needs. I would hands down recommend him to anyone looking for an honest consult whether to help slow the aging process, yet still look natural or a complete body transformation. Dr. D is your guy and his results speak for themselves... they are impressive!
Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Everything from the first consultation, to surgery, to follow ups- were all very professional, explained with great understanding, and aftercare was Phenomenal. I can’t say enough about everyone that works there-very polite and caring! Have already referred a friend to Dr Decherd
Melanie B – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Wow! Wow! Wow! Dr. Decherd and his staff are first class. Everything from my consult, to the procedure, to the post op appointments were a breeze. Dr. Decherd answers all of your questions and he makes sure you understand what he is saying. My procedure was easier than I ever expected and it is because of Dr. Decherd and his staff!
Dec 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
For years I have been wanting a breast augmentation so I researched some of the top surgeons in the San Antonio and Austin area. Good beside manner is an important contributing factor for me in choosing a surgeon. Dr. Decherd was friendly, attentive and engaging on a personal level. Many times physicians must hop from one patient to the next and it can feel as though you're being rushed in your visit. I feel like Dr. Decherd and his staff provided great individualized care and courteous bedside manner. An elective surgery is a big decision and I wanted to feel comfortable with my surgeon and his staff. On the day of surgery I was quite nervous but eager to finally get my breast augmentation. The Anesthesiologist, nurses, surgical technician and of course Dr. Decherd did a wonderful job in my surgery! Recovery was a breeze and I love my results!
Nov 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Dr. Decherd and his staff are amazing! I had a tummy tuck with Lipo and I'm so happy with my results. He and his staff were so patient & kind with me and always available post op with questions or concerns. He took his time during consult and never made me feel rushed. He made sure I was healing well and happy with my results before releasing me after surgery.
Nov 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Let me just start by saying I LOVE my results! I'm 12 weeks Post Op, I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo. I literally teared up when I saw my stomach for the first time. I don't 'feel' pregnant anymore, my belly button looks natural and I still can't believe how flat my stomach is!  The staff and nurses are caring and helpful.  I never felt rushed, he took the time to listen & answer all my questions.  Dr. Decherd has EXCEEDED my expectations. I have mentioned him to everyone I know that is considering a tummy tuck!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR.DECHERD!
B.C. – Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
I had Brest augmentation surgery and definitely the Best experience I’ve had!! Dr.Decherd answered every question me and my husband had and made the whole experience super smooth. On the day of surgery everything was explained and I was in and out in no time. Recovery was easy with little to no pain . I would definitely recommend Dr. Decherd to all of my friends.
DANIELLE BROCK – Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
I got a mini tummy tuck in November 2019 I love his work. I love the staff as well. I wanted only the best surgeon to work on me and that is what got what I got.
Ariana Hunter – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
I got a breast augmentation and wow he did an awesome job! Perfect size and they look natural as well.
Anon – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?
Dr. Decherd is very knowledgeable, nice and caters to all your needs. Very happy and loving my results! My procedure was great I had no complications and he answered all my questions. Staff is also very quick to answer any after hour question.
Mónica – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Decherd, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Decherd?