Dr. Michael Cruz, MD

Dr. Michael Cruz, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery  ·
Dr. Michael Cruz, MD is an otolaryngology-head and neck surgery specialist in Spokane, WA and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin in 1995 and specializes in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, rhinology, and more.Read his story

217 W Cataldo Ave

Spokane, WA 99201

• AvMed
  • CHAMPVA
  • First Choice Health

Learn about Dr. Cruz

See how frequently Dr. Cruz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sinusitis
Head and Neck Surgery
Chronic Sinusitis

Dr. Cruz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cruz's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cruz "Dr. Michael J. Cruz is Board Certified in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He trained at the Medical College of Wisconsin / Marquette Medical School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. His practice includes general ENT for all ages with special interest and expertise in sinus and nasal disease and sleep apnea. Dr. Cruz enjoys the challenge of developing solutions to individual patients' problems. He works closely with local physician specialists in evaluating and managing snoring and sleep disorders that include the latest in-office procedures. On-site hearing testing, and allergy evaluation compliment his practice. Video evaluation for hoarseness and voice disturbances can be performed. In addition to these specialties, Dr. Cruz has extensive experience and training in complex nasal/sinus and base of skull surgery using endoscopic techniques including extracranial stereotactic image guidance. Dr. Cruz is very active in educating local area healthcare providers about new specialty technology and approaches to treating ENT conditions."

This content was provided by Dr. Cruz "I find every patient very interesting.  Their medical story is unique, and will be thoughtfully, individually, and thoroughly evaluated.  Ear, nose and throat conditions are managed both medically and surgically if needed.  Appropriate referrals to subspecialists within ENT may also be necessary to get the patient the most skilled, and appropriate care.  I enjoy patients of all kind, from children to retirement age.   I have a keen interest in complex sinus, and skull base conditions, and am skilled in performing both approaches to, and surgical management of these conditions."

• Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery With Navigational System
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Neck Mass
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Myringotomy
  • Nasal Packing for Epitaxis
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orbital Decompression and Orbitotomy
  • Posterior Nasal Pack
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Uvulectomy
  • Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP)
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Medical College of Wisconsin
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Med College Of Wisc Affil Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Cruz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cruz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cruz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cruz's Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cruz to family and friends

Dr. Cruz's Performance

Dr. Cruz Says:
"

I appreciate patient feedback and continue to learn from the patient perspective experience.  My staff is also a large part of patient care experience with me, and feedback about them will also be used to continually evaluate and improve other patient experiences.  Our office number is 509-624-2326

"

I was plagued by a sinus infection 4 over 5 years. Dr. Cruz Did a great job with my surgery and my follow-up. I am finally breathing well and my infection is totally gone. I would highly recommend him. Also he was very attentive in our appointments and I always felt like he had time for me
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Cruz is my favorite doctor. He has helped me heal and recover form several serious sinus conditions over the past 14 years, including surgery. I trust his advice and recommendations completely. I feel very comfortable and confident in his office and care. I have recommended him to many of my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I had struggled for years with sinus problems. Dr. Cruz did a fabulous job taking care of my issues and getting to the bottom of why I had the issues in the first place. The surgery was smooth and my recovery was fast. I would and have recommended Dr. Cruz to friends and family.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I liked Dr. Cruz's approach to treating me in the most least invasive way possible. He really listened to my concerns, and I felt like we worked well together.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I found Dr Cruz to be very empathetic. He is calm and reassuring, and always made time to answer my questions before my surgery and during the several follow-up visits it entailed. The office staff was friendly and professional.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0