Dr. Michael Cruz, MD

Dr. Michael Cruz, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery  |

Dr. Michael Cruz, MD is an otolaryngology-head and neck surgery doctor who practices in Spokane, WA. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Cruz is affiliated with Providence Holy Family Hospital, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Providence Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.

Spokane Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic, PS

217 W Cataldo Ave

Spokane, WA 99201

• AvMed
  • CHAMPVA
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Cruz

I find every patient very interesting.  Their medical story is unique, and will be thoughtfully, individually, and thoroughly evaluated.  Ear, nose and throat conditions are managed both medically and surgically if needed.  Appropriate referrals to subspecialists within ENT may also be necessary to get the patient the most skilled, and appropriate care.  I enjoy patients of all kind, from children to retirement age.   I have a keen interest in complex sinus, and skull base conditions, and am skilled in performing both approaches to, and surgical management of these conditions.

Dr. Cruz's Experience

Dr. Cruz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vocal Cord Nodule

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery With Navigational System
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Neck Mass
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Myringotomy
  • Nasal Packing for Epitaxis
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orbital Decompression and Orbitotomy
  • Posterior Nasal Pack
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Uvulectomy
  • Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP)
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Medical College Of Wisconsin
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Med College Of Wisc Affil Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Cruz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cruz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cruz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cruz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cruz to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Cruz Says:

I appreciate patient feedback and continue to learn from the patient perspective experience.  My staff is also a large part of patient care experience with me, and feedback about them will also be used to continually evaluate and improve other patient experiences.  Our office number is 509-624-2326

Dr. Cruz's Performance
Spokane, WA |
I found Dr Cruz to be very empathetic. He is calm and reassuring, and always made time to answer my questions before my surgery and during the several follow-up visits it entailed. The office staff was friendly and professional.
in Spokane, WA |
After dealing with chronic sinusitis since 1992 and finally having a bacterial infection that was resistant to antibiotics I was referred to Dr Cruz by Dr McVey for possible surgery and/or IV antibiotics. Dr Cruz was very knowledgeable and straight forward explaining the surgery to fix the ongoing problem. Dr Cruz and his staff were very patient with me and answered all my questions. The surgery/recovery was painless and I feel relief already. I would highly recommend Dr. Cruz!
in Spokane, WA |
I have always had a great experience with Dr. Cruz From getting allergy testing and starting the procedure to get shots started to finding out I needed sinus surgery and getting that taken care of. Dr. Cruz is knowledgeable, and very good at his profession, kind and patient. Its great to feel that your in great hands and that he's committed to resolving issues. I highly recommend Dr. Cruz
in Spokane, WA |
Thorough and caring. Excellent follow-through. Very pleasant to deal with.
Spokane, WA |
I had put off having my deviated septum fixed for over 10 years but Dr. Cruz gave me the information I needed to feel comfortable and go ahead with the procedure. There was a delay with the cat-scan results from Inland Imaging but they were still able to get me in quick. Now 4 weeks post op I am breathing better than I have for most of my adult life! I am very glad I had this procedure done and can't thank Dr. Cruz enough for being professional and respective for my needs and concerns.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr Cruz is pretty fantastic. When I was brought in for my sinus polyps, I wasn't sure what to think. The whole situation was initially overwhelming for me. But when I had my first appointment with Dr. Cruz, All of the scary overwhelming feelings were put to rest. I was told about the surgery I would need to remove my polyps and honestly, I was completely ready for it. Because of Dr Cruz, I finally understood what was going on, and had my surgery so I can finally breathe again. It's amazing.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Cruz is extremely competent, caring, and compassionate. He does an excellent job explaining things in a way "the common person" can understand, specifically as it relates to the procedure he plans to perform and recovery instructions. My experience throughout my septoplasty to repair a deviated septum was very positive. Dr. Cruz is a master of his craft and I would highly recommend him to anyone. My only regret was not visiting him earlier. It is great being able to breathe again!
Spokane, WA |
great bedside manner. very friendly. thorough explanation ahead of the surgery.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Cruz was very caring, knowledgable and thorough in his treatment with me from start to finish. He cares how patients are treated in all aspects of care.
in Colville, WA |
My entire experience was great. Dr. Cruz is a very personable and compassionate Dr. He was very considerate of my privacy and comfort while in his care. Dr. Cruz also likes to smile, he wears one all the time. I will not hesitate to use Dr. Cruz in the future and I would definitely recommend him to any family and friends. His staff was just as good taking care of me pre-op thru post-op. Great experience from first visit to the last. Thank you Dr. Cruz, I can breath again!!! S. Acorn
in Cheney, WA |
I had a perforated septum that Dr. Cruz repaired via a graft inside my nose. My encounters with him included diagnose and treatment recommendation, surgery and post surgery follow-up visits. I found Dr. Cruz to be competent, professional, straight-forward and friendly. I would go to Dr. Cruz again and I would recommend him to other people with no reservation.
Competent, friendly and caring. He freely answered my questions.
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Cruz was very thorough in diagnosing and subsequently treating me via a septoplasty and nasal turbinate reduction. Prior to this I was dependent on a cpap in order to get a good nights sleep. The surgery was not pleasant by any stretch but I am now 4 weeks out and can actually breath through my nose for the first time in 20 years. I still have some healing to do but feel that the surgery was well worth it and that I would highly recommend Dr. Cruz and his staff.
in Gifford, Wa |
Dr. Cruz removed a large nasal polyp that required about an hour to take out and required a lot of "digging and scraping" to make sure he got the whole thing out.. I was very impressed by Dr. Cruz and his whole surgical team and staff and the follow up care was great!! My nose is healing great with no sign of any regrowth and I was never in any pain or discomfort throughout my whole procedure and afterwards.. I would highly recommend Dr. Cruz!!
Spokane, WA |
Asks probing questions to diagnose the issue; does not give you the sense he is rushed although he is clearly busy; follows up by phone post-surgery to check on conditions. Overall, very thorough clinician. Displays empathy and concern about how to improve your condition. Does not push surgical solutions.
in Sunnyside, WA |
I have been going to Dr. Cruz for about 6 years. I was referred to him by another Doctor after another Doctor had done my surgery wrong and I had to have it redone. Needless to say I was very skeptical and afraid to go through this again. I just had to put my faith in him and I have never been sorry. The outcome and recovery could not have been more different. I have also had a couple other surgeries done by him and he has been great!!! His staff and the entire ENT has been great!!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Cruz, MD?
Are you Dr. Cruz?

Visit Dr. Cruz

Dr. Cruz accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • AvMed
  • CHAMPVA
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • First Choice Health
    First Choice Health PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA

Spokane, WA 99204
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
101 W 8th Ave
Spokane, WA 99204

More Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists like Dr. Cruz at Spokane Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic, PS

Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist