Dr. Michael Connelly, MD

Dr. Michael Connelly, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Michael Connelly, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Lawrence, MA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read his story

354 Merrimack St

Lawrence, MA 01843

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Connelly

See how frequently Dr. Connelly performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pathological Spine Fracture
Spine Fractures, Traumatic
Back Pain

Dr. Connelly's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Connelly's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Connelly "I am a lifelong resident of Massachusetts, attended Boston College and UMass Medical School, and completed my residency at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston. I live with my wife Heidi, and together we have raised four children. "

This content was provided by Dr. Connelly "My focus is on providing rapid access in order to provide patients with care when it is needed.  The most important step in managing pain is understanding what is wrong.  This begins with listening to the patient, discussing the symptoms, a careful examination and review of MRI or other imaging.  It is also important to develop a broader awareness of the person and other medical problems.

Pain can be a difficult problem. My goal is to help each patient understand the problem, and then understand all of the options available for treatment.  I have chosen to work in a multi-specialty Neuroscience group in order to be able to provide patients with access to the full range of options.  "

• Pain Medicine

• Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Transforaminal Epidural Block

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• University Of Massachusetts Medical School
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Massachusetts Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Faulkner Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Beth Israel Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Connelly has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Connelly does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Connelly and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Connelly's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Connelly to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Connelly Says:

When reviewing online responses, consider that pain medicine specialists are often asked to help when difficult problems have developed. It is not possible to meet everyones expectations or requests.

We have recently begun asking patients for feedback  anonymously.  Based on 93 patients

1. The doctor took time to explain my condition and help me understand the my treatment...

Dr. Connelly's Performance
in Boxford ma |
Feel. Very confident in dr capabilities "
Salem, NH |
He keeps trying to solve the problem
Salem, NH |
I would recommended Dr Connolly.
in Grovel and Ma |
Dr Connelly made me feel very comfortable, he is very personable, not intimidating., very caring.
in Ayer, MA |
If you are looking for doctors this is not the guy to trust. Do your research.
in Salem, NH |
Great doctor full of positive reassurance. Makes me feel confident in the decisions to get me back to life.
in Shirley MA |
Matt from Shirley: I didn't have enough room to complete my review. The fact that you would try to provide instructions on how the public should interpret your online review only demonstrates your arrogance. You increased my mother's pain and suffering and suggested that she was a drug addict. She had no history of opioids or anxiolytics until she was in the terminal stages of COPD. She was sent to you for pain management. She also had severe dyspnea and all you did was belittle her.
Love that I went to pick up my medical records today so I could seek a second opinion and seems extremely funny my chart from the day I decided to no longer be bullied by a dr is full of lies saying I was asking for pain meds and bending like a gymnast I am seriously disgusted that nothing has been filed on this man!!! That fact that he feels he can abuse his privaledge as a dr and make up lies about patients to save himself makes me sick! Your way or no way right dr??
Leominster, MA |
CONTINUED... Last straw was when my mom was scheduled for an appointment and I had to call and cancel that morning because she had to be rushed to the hospital the previous night due to her COPD and was being kept. When she was released, she needed a refill on her script and called his office to get one. She was told he doesn't write scripts for people who don't keep appointments. When we showed up to his office he did nothing but scream at her about how irresponsible she was. Please BEWARE
Very pleasant. Explained everything
in Haverhill, MA |
After reading previous posts, I was very nervous about seeing Dr. Connelly. However, he was professional & compassionate. He helped to treat my acute back pain due to a lumbar disc herniation. I think people who posted negative reviews could potentially have substance abuse issues, and they weren't happy about the doctor's refusals to administer more meds. I hope my back issue resolves without further intervention, but if it doesn't, I am happy to return to Dr. Connelly's office.
in Methuen MA |
I was referred to NE Neurological for severe back problems and had to see Michael Connelly. He is arrogant, condescending, and downright abusive. I will never go near this "supposed" doctor again!
in Haverhill, MA |
My experience with Dr. Connelly was the worst that I have ever had with any doctor. After talking with his PA about my pain history, he came in the room, refused to shake my hand, and began a rant about how is not going to help me in any way because I was an opiod addict. He made accusations that were not true and when I got angry with him, he walked out of the room and threatened to call the police on me. The sad thing is, I never asked him or is PA to prescribe anything for me. Stay away!
in Lowell, MA |
Dr. Connelly did not show for the appointment that we had last month. This month, today, he shows late, talks about having limited time, loses track of asking me about the medication, says he wants only to talk about pain and that he will bring up medication later, grills me like I am a murder suspect, then walks out saying for me to get another doctor. So I suggest to everyone else, not kidding: Get another doctor. He is as bad as it gets.
in North Andover, MA |
I had the worst experience possible....After pouring my heart out to the P.A. He came in the exam room with her and called me a liar amongst other things, when in fact either he or his helper misread or misunderstood what I said but didn't take a minute to look at the paperwork .... I used to have so much respect for doctors and such but after some of the experiences I have had since my health problems started its pathetic... I wish some of these doctors would remember the oath they took...
Lowell, MA |
He spent about ten minutes with us. Asked maybe one question, then proceeded to tell us that the patient's pain was due to a mood disorder. I understand that mood can play an important role in pain, but he made it sound like that was the only factor. He was extremely arrogant and didn't even suggest increasing medication which is a pretty obvious suggestion in this instance. He also didn't file a report for workman's comp. Complete jerk and borderline incompetent.
in Bradford |
Has the bedside manner of a serial killer. Doesn't listen to what you have to say about your pain. Total waste of my time. I went there for advice on MANAGING my pain and was constantly treated like a junkie and I told him numerous times that I didn't want narcotics. NE Neurological has some extremely talented and brilliant doctors and they should be embarrassed to have this doctor on their team!
in Lawrence, MA |
Very judgmental about natural therapies - just not someone I could trust with my care.
in Lawrence, MA |
He doesn't do his due diligence, in other words, doesn't take the time to go over everything in your medical history to make an educated decision as to what's going on with you. He's horrible!!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Connelly, MD?
Are you Dr. Connelly?