Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Michael Collins Jr, MD
Medical Director and Founder Board-Certified Ophthalmologist Fellowship-trained Cornea, Cataract, Refractive Specialist POST GRADUATE TRAINING Durrie Vision (Preceptor- Daniel S. Durrie, M.D.) – Kansas City, KSOphthalmology Fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery July, 2000 – June, 2001 Emory University School of Medicine – Atlanta, GAOphthalmology Residency July, 1997 – June, 2000 Carilion Health System (University of Virginia) – Roanoke, VATransitional Year Internship July, 1996 – June, 1997 EDUCATION Vanderbilt University School of Medicine – Nashville, TNM.D. May, 1996 University of Virginia – Charlottesville, VAB.A. (with distinction) May, 1991

6900 International Center Blvd

Fort Myers, FL 33912

• Benesight

Learn about Dr. Collins Jr

Our mission and promise to our valued patients: At Collins Vision, we strive to provide our patients with the highest quality of eye care available to ensure visual results and optimal eye health. it is our mission to provide this care in a genuine, caring and personal manner- one patient at a time.

Dr. Collins Jr' Experience

Dr. Collins Jr' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Moderator, Refractive Surgery Update Session, 2003
  • Achievement Award by The American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2011
  • Awarded Fellowship in the American College of Surgeons, 2004
  • Ophthalmology Times, 6/1/2002

Dr. Collins Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Collins Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Collins Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Collins Jr to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Collins Jr' Performance
in Fort Myers, FL |
I did not see Dr Collins - I did see Dr Alessi and her very able tech (not sure about the proper term) - Hope. I enjoyed meeting them both. I spent most of my time with Hope - she did lots of testing and laid the groundwork for my meeting with Dr Alessi. Hope was very capable, very professional and answered all of my questions. Dr Alessi was also great - very cordial and very professional. I just moved to Fort Myers from the Minneapolis area - I have now definitely found my new eye clinic.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Great care by everyone. Gina was especially great!! Professional, congenial, knowledgable, and goes the extra mile to make you feel that you are important.
in Ft.Myers |
Dr. Rosen & Carrie both made the visit educational, fun, and professional
in Fort Myers |
The whole staff here is wonderful . I was very pleased with dr Collins who did my both my eyes with cataract surgery and dr Jones who did my eye lift my eyes look great and I can actually see now without contacts or glasses dr Collins also correct my astigmatism. Great job from beginning to end .
Cape Coral, FL |
Christina was outstanding through my visit. Thank you, a very thorough and personable visit by all. John Civali
in Ft Myers, FL |
Had my first visit and couldn't be happier with the entire experience. The staff were all so friendly and helpful from the time I walked through the door until I made my next appointment and left. Special Thanks to Christina who did most of the testing and explained what she was doing, Dr Alessi who did the exam and smiled the entire time and Mark, who helped pick out the frames for my new glasses and did the paperwork to order them. Thank You all.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I love this group of Doctors!!! Everyone I see in this office is fun, friendly, and thorough!!! I have committed about the friendly atmosphere in the office. They must love what they do because they all seem very happy and pleasant!!! I worked with Shelby during my last visit. She was great!!!
in Ft Myers, FL |
I could not believe th wonderful experience I had here. From ease of registration to the efficient, professional and congenial Gina, who put my eyes through all the testing, to Dr. Rosen who we highly admire and respect. I'm bringing my husband her Eyes!
Positive: Have had very good experience in several visits in preparation for cataract surgery. Surgical counselor Dawn is especially knowledgeable and helpful in responding to questions and setting schedules to meet our needs. Negative: not being told up front, until we asked, about available generics and discount sources for otherwise expensive eye drops necessary post-surgery. Same for "cataract kit" for post surgery treatment.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Collins has created a caring, totally professional atmosphere. The professionalism is reassuring, and the caring is genuine. Following my surgery I had a question. I sent an e mail and within 10 minutes my phone was ringing with the answer. My results are astonishing. Dr. Collins is the ultimate resource for ophthalmic surgery.
in Cape Coral, Fl |
Everyone in the office is so nice, Margaret my pre-op technician is very nice and knowledgeable about her work. Very passionate about her work. Dr. Collins and Dr. Alessi are great!
in Sanibel, FL |
My first visit to the Collins Vision office. Greeted by a smiling, efficient receptionist. Got paperwork. In waiting room only 2 minutes. 5+ stars for Gina who then ushered me to exam room who did an extremely thorough initial exam using her equipment & verbal skills to build my profile. A very experienced professional. 5++ stars for Dr. Jay Rosen. Took all time needed to explain his observations/findings, make suggestions/offer options. Thank you all. I'm in!!
in Bonita Springs, FL |
So nice to go into a doctor's office where the entire staff smiles and treats patients respectfully. I have been to the office in Fort Myers and Bonita. The staff is also dressed nicely and long hair is confined.
Houston, TX |
One of the best and most thorough eye exam experiences of my life and I've been going to eye doctors for over 50 years. Highly recommend this place. Very friendly and professional staff. Great techs and docs.
Naples, FL |
My first visit was nothing but professional. In the health field I always want to walk into an office, clean , organized, trained staff and professional . Gina did a great job of making me feel comfortable, Dr Jones was exceptional and Chloe was such a great help with my referral to a retina specialist. She made my apt right then and there. Thanks for a great expierence.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Nicole Battista was just great. Very professional and pleasant. All staff were excellent, highly recomend this office.
in Fort Myers FL |
I went to this office hoping to meet Dr. Jones and resolving a solution to a dry eye issue. Instead, a tech type, no communication skill or no English probably, ushered me into a room and started testing my eye sight and glasses......with zero explanation !!!!!! I was told I had to do a complete examination before talking with the doctor. Yes, I walked out of the office.........its just so rude when its all about money and to rush patients through an office like cattle!!!!!!!!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Had an appointment the other day. Nicole Battista was the nurse that took care of me first. She did an excellent job. Made me feel comfortable. Seemed to be genuinely concerned about my eyes. She made the whole experience very pleasant.
in Fort Myers |
Well so far I only had my left eye done and 4 days latter I have 20/20 vision in my left eye it is just amazing. The staff is wonderful and pleasant Everyone worked together as a team . I can't wait till I have my right eye done on Thursday . I'm very happy with Dr Collins and staff I would recommend him for sure. Thank you all for making my experience a pleasant one
in Ft. Myers, FL |
I am a new patient and was examined by Dr. Jones who was very professional and friendly. All the staff were courteous, cheerful and helpful, resulting in a pleasant visit.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Yes, al the staff are wonderful and friendly
in Estero, FL |
Hope was excellent. Very professional and answered all my questions. A real asset for the practice.
Ft Myers, FL |
Gina was excellent. Dr Allessi is as well. I highly recommend them.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Collins performed cataract surgery on me for both eyes in May 2017. The results are outstanding, certainly meeting & exceeding my expectations of vision clarity and improvement. Dr. Collins was very careful to explain how everything would work for me in my particular case, and most importantly he did the actual implanting of the replacement lenses himself, not an associate doctor. The nurses and staff at Dr. Collins' facility are excellent in every way, caring and professional. *****
in Ft Myers, FL |
I, a senior, have been a patient of Dr. Collins for many years. To keep it brief, I have had wonderful care by the Doctors and staff on each and every visit. On my latest visit, I required extensive eye testing which was performed by 'Christina", a very thorough, detail oriented and professional staff member.
in Naples, FL |
I am extremely happy with the outcome of my cataract surgery!!! Dr. Collins and his staff are outstanding!! I have been a nurse for 43 years and I am very particular about my health care and educate myself prior to any procedures and new health care providers. I have been pleased with the care and level of service that Dr. Collins and his staff have provided!!
Ft Myers, FL |
I think Lindsey is fabulous and Nicole was very sweet. I love Collins Vision!
North Fort Myers, FL |
It was a pleasure, great staff, very much enjoyed, MeMe attention and professionalism.
North Fort Myers, FL |
Happy to have been recommended CollinsVision, Dr. Collins is great, awesome staff, MeMe was professional and a pleasure. Would definitely recommend.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I made an appointment because my eye become very red, swollen and slightly painful. I was able to get in rather quickly. The staff was extremely nice and made my visit even more pleasant. Rare find in medicine. Thank you
Gina is an excellent asset to your business. She was very personal, informative and friendly. The same goes for every person that I delete with.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Ejoyed Professional care provided by Gina and Dr. Alessi. Learned a little Italian while at it!
in Naples, FL |
Very professional organization. Very efficient. I have a very high trust level with Dr Collins and his staff.
Naples, FL |
As a patient of Dr. Collins for over 10 years, I continue to have a high degree of satisfaction with his and his staff expertise, professionalism and courtesy. I would highly recommend him to others seeking a kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable ophthalmologist.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I recently had cataract surgery by Dr. Collins. I am very pleased with the excellent result of both eyes. The staff at the clinic and St. Mark's Surgery Center were very professional and kind. My wife has worked as a technician (retired) in ophthalmology in the Midwest most of her career. She was very impressed with Dr. Collins and the staff.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Been a patient for 15 years. Dr. Collins did my LASIK in 2005; it was a challenging surgery as my contact lens script of -8.5 in each eye. But he did it flawlessly, and his nurses had a lovely bedside manner, even holding my hand during the very quick surgery. I just went for a check up for the first time in 12 years this week. My eyes are very healthy, and the doctor was impressed to note there are no visible scars from surgery. GINA who did my eye exam was wonderful and very personable!
in Naples, FL |
My visit was with dr jones. I was a walk in. Was treated well and was taken care of within one hour and half. Everyone in the office were very helpful and friendly. No complaints what so ever.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Best, most caring factor I've ever had!
in fort myers fl |
I went to Collins Vision for eye check up. I had a great experience! The staff was A+!! No wait time took me in right away!!! I was greeted with a cheerful front desk staff. Then seen Sarah Johnson who took me through the examination. Can't say enough on how much I was impressed with her!! Thank you Sarah!!! I seen Nicole Alessi O.D. she explained all my options and was out for my best interest!! I really liked her!!! Thank You everyone!!!
in Naples, FL |
Called doctor with problem and Trina got me in that day!! Had to wait and Trina apologize, explaining the delay, and brought water bottles for us!! Great service! Dr was very personable!
Ft Myers, FL |
I met with Dr. Collins regarding having cataract surgery. I was very impressed with the doctor as well as his staff. I felt all my questions were thoroughly and thoughtfully answered. Gina, who conducted my eye tests, was very careful and efficient as well as friendly. I was pleased with all aspects of the visit.
Naples, FL |
Dr. Collins is an excellent physician. He is very professional and extremely well qualified.
in Cape Coral,FL |
Hope was especially helpful and very pleasant. A real asset to the practice.
in Marco Island, FL |
The doctors staff had me sign a number of forms with out telling me what they were. After deciding not to use DR. Collins to do cataract surgery because he would not work with the optometrist who he has worked with before because he did not refer me to him, his office billed me for a refraction even though he had taken over my records from another doctor who had performed the same test. It appears that DR.Collins is quite money hungry and does not want to work with his patients.
in Ft Myers Beach, FL |
From the receptionist through assistants to Dr.Collins, all personnel are highly professional & welcoming. Dr. Collins is genuinely interested & gives one his full attention.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Exceptionally pleasant and spoke in layman's terms so as to make me comfortable about having this procedure...I had to have it done just following a major surgery for female problem so I was more anxious than usual...his demeanor gave me confidence...results with only one eye done so far is fantastic...can't wait until other eye done this week!!! Surgery Center was outstanding too in friendliness and quality of procedure and care! Would highly recommend!!??
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Collins and his entire staff are consummate professionals who make customer services a priority from the moment you step into their office until your procedure is completed with excellence. Having a surgical procedure done to your eyes is not an easy decision, however, I always felt confident that my outcome would be great because of his and his staff's dedication to detail and comfort. As a retired healthcare professional, expertise, caring and confidence in your provider is key.
in Naples, FL |
Actually I saw Dr. Johnson who works for Dr. Collins. Before being examined by Dr. Johnson, Abbie did the preliminaries. This was my first visit after losing another doctor that I treasured. I was extremely pleased with everything about the office in Naples. Abbie and Dr. Johnson were great! My exam was thorough and informative. I hope to build years of trust with Collins Vision.
in Marco Island, FL |
The staff was efficient and explained all procedures.
Ft Myers, FL |
Very large, clean office with a comfortable waiting area. The technicians were very friendly and knowledgeable, especially Gina, as was Dr. Collins.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Collins Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Collins Jr?