Dr. Michael Cohan, MD

Dr. Michael Cohan, MD

Nephrology  ·

Dr. Michael Cohan, MD is a nephrology specialist in Elmhurst, IL and has been practicing for 26 years. He specializes in nephrology.

Insurance accepted

Core PPO
Medicare Advantage
Select HMO
Select Plus HMO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Cohan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Kidney Disease

Rush Presby St Lukes
1990
Rush Presby St Lukes
1987
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
1993
1990
1987

Dr. Cohan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cohan

Dr. Cohan?
Dr. Cohan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Cohan, MD
Dr. Michael L. Cohan is the best doctor I ever seen. He will surprise you with his professionalism. He is a true expert as a nephrologist in CKD and very knowledge in many other fields of medicine. Dr. Cohan is answering to all your questions in order that you understand the roots causing your disease and explains the ways to treat the symptoms, and all the necessary tests needed. Michael is a very popular doctor. He his very friendly with you. When you are in his office you will fill as you talking to a member of your family. He will spent at least one hour with you. I highly will recommend Dr. Cohan to everybody. You will be surprised after seeing him. Sotiraq Qano
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Dr. Cohan is a wonderful doctor. He treats you like you are family. He spends considerable time answering questions and thoroughly explains things. He gives you his full attention. Dr. Cohan I can say actually saved my life. I had a serious medical issue and he contacted a renown physician to do the surgery for me. Dr. Cohan truly cares for his patients and will always do the best he can for them. I can wholeheartedly say I trust Dr. Cohan with my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Dr. Cohan is the most attentive and knowledgeable doctor I have had the pleasure to receive care from. Many doctors are wonderful professionals but few display the level of Dr. Cohan's empathy & genuine desire to care for you as an individual with needs vs. another patient. If you are looking for a nephrologist or internal medicine physician look no further. He is the BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Met Dr. Cohan for 1st time-found him to be caring even prior to meeting him when called me prior to my appointment to ask me if I could come two days later as he didn't want to be rushed when we met for initial visit. Very impressed he called me personally, rather than have staff do so. Entire experience great from check-in at front desk, interaction with nurse Christine & with Dr. Cohan. He answered my questions during & at end of visit, gave me short list of follow-up recommendations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
I have had the privilege of having Dr. Michael Cohan as my primary care physician for many, many years. To say I trust him with my life is not an overstatement! Dr. Cohan is thorough, caring, compassionate, and always takes the time to address any of my concerns. Moreover, Dr. Cohan brings a genuineness and humanity in his relationship with me. I cannot adequately express the degree of admiration and respect that I hold for Dr. Cohan both as a physician and as a man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
For over 25 years, "Dr. Mike" Cohan has been my personal doctor. I would find it hard to go elsewhere. With a kidney issue, it just works well. He and his nursing staff continue to ask, test, treat and change as I just hit the age of 60. I trust his opinion. He tells you what you need to hear. Not what you necessarily want to hear. I got on a exercise kick after a friend of mine passed per Dr. Cohan's recommendation. Amazing results. We confer on a medical and personal basis. I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Dr. Cohan has been extremely helpful in my health improvement from total renal failure. I had this failure in May 2017 which is when I started to work with Dr. Cohan and since then my condition has greatly improved especially after his suggestion to get a second opinion from a urologist which that doctor was able to get my urinary track to function properly again. Dr. Cohan has been great at evaluating my condition throughout the 1 1/2 that we have been working together.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Dr. Cohan's knowledge of medicine goes well beyond kidneys. He looks at the patient's big picture needs, is patient, and shows great empathy. I've had follow-up calls from Dr. Cohan on weekends or evenings - even to check in on my mother and her illness or my cardiac care appointments - always offering his care and guidance even when I was seeing other specialists. This is truly unique in today's medical practice world.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Michael Cohan has been my physician for approximately 20 years. I feel that I’ve gotten great care from him over the years. I’d highly recommend him and the nurses and assistants that work with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Dr Cohan has been my doctor for 24 years and I would recommend him to all my family and friends. Many are currently his patients. He is always kind and understanding and takes his time with me. He listens and asks questions about my health. He takes his time with patients and provides the information that is asked for in a timely manner. I feel extremely well cared for and know that he provides me the best care and advice. He is a wonderful doctor and a great person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Cohan for 20 years. Not only does he treat me with respect and patience, but he also provides excellent medical care. I truly appreciate that he checks his facts thoroughly and isn't afraid to bring a specialist in when necessary. I'm probably one of his more challenging patients, as I tend to question everything. He appreciates that I want to be involved in my care and works with me to prescribe tests and/or medications that I am comfortable with. A++ He's the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
He never rushes you in and out of the office. He takes time to understand your situation. He explains medical conditions to you in a way that is understandable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cohan for over 25 years. My wife and I moved 40 miles from Elmhurst 15 years ago and we both quickly agreed that it was worth the one hour drive to stay with Dr. Cohan in Elmhurst. In my entire life I have never had more trust and confidence in anyone except maybe my parents. He treats you like family. He always seems to ask the right questions and his responses are complete and easy to understand . He is a very special man who is in the correct profession.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Dr Cohan is always ready to listen and not make you feel rushed. I am very confident in whatever he recommends that it is the right thing. He will explain what he is prescribing to be sure I understand. His memory is amazing. He will remember a problem that we discussed months ago and ask how I am doing with it. Very caring. I have been a long time patient and will not see any other primary doctor. His bedside manner should be "cloned" for other doctors to follow.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
My family has been going to Dr Cohan for probably 20 years. I trust his advice and he is the first person we turn to with any medical issue. He knows my family and takes an interest in all of us. I truly feel cared about and cared for by this doctor. He is very thorough and makes sure he has answered every question or concern I have. I would not go anywhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cohan for over twenty years. His level of patient care is outstanding. He treats you as a friend, not just another patient. He takes his time to know you and is very thorough. Dr. Cohan follows through on all aspects of the Doctor/Patient process. He has the uncanny ability to remember the smallest of detail...smartest doctor I've ever known. He's exceptional! I will continue to have Dr. Cohan as my primary physician. Lastly, I will continue recommending him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
I have been a patient of Doctor Cohan for 25 years and he treats every person with respect and has keen interest in your physical well being. He is the Best of the Best in his field and i would not go to any other Doctor.He explain how to treat your condition and spends the time making sure you understand how to take you medicine and why.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
I've never been to a doctor who is as caring as Dr. Cohan. He definitely takes an interest in his patients with follow ups to ensure you're doing well. He is also probably the smartest doctor I've ever had. He looks at everything in total, and then figures out what's best for his patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cohan for many years. His level of patient care could not be better. He does not just treat you as another patient but as a person. He takes the time to know you and wants to know any issues that you may have so that he can have a complete picture of your health any advise the best way to treat you. I know it's a typical cliche, but his "bed side manner" is truly exceptional. His staff is also exceptional, they have always been personal & professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cohan, MD?
Dr Cohan is a very knowledgeable, kind, caring person. He's easy to talk to and takes time to explain your condition and what he wants to do to help you improve.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cohan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cohan treats patients.

Compare Providers