Dr. Michael Cluck, MD

Dr. Michael Cluck, MD

Orthopedic Spine SurgeryMaleAge 51

Dr. Michael Cluck, MD is a Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in San Jose, CA and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Creighton University School Of Medicine medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Good Samaritan Hospital and Regional Medical Center Of San Jose. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cluck to book an appointment.

Orthopaedic Trauma Institute

New Patient?
Orthopaedic Trauma Institute255 N Jackson Avenue Tower Fl 2 San Jose, CA 95116

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Cluck's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cluck

4.0

Dr. Cluck?
  • Office environment (35)
  • Staff friendliness (33)
  • Appointment scheduling (32)
  • Appointment was rushed (9)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (8)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
Saw Dr Cluck 3 months ago about previous right shoulder replacement surgery I had and also about a bad back due to a partial Laminectomy that was done back in 1994. I found Dr Cluck to be genuinely forthcoming and he seems to be very knowledgeable. However, his staff in the front need to get their training together when it comes to making appointments. Saw Dr Cluck last October and he said that we will see how things are in three months. The girl in the front read the chart and scheduled me an appointment in January at a certain time. I arrived 10 minutes before and she said that I was not on the schedule and that I couldn't be seen that day. The next available appointment was January 22nd so I had no choice but to say OK. Word of advice . . . . Call the day before to guarantee that you still have an appointment. Take your appointment card with you (which I failed to do).
Carl – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
My experience was Horrible. His office manager Vanessa was the most rude plastic person I ever meet. Dr Cluck performed a fusion on my spine L3 L4. It was totally unsuccessful. I was still in pain from previous fusion of L4 L5. Asked him to remove hardware from previous surgery during his but they never did because they didn't order special tool and I was on the operating table when they told me this so I basically had no choice but to go forward with the surgery. Following visits were hell didn't want to give pain medicine Vanessa would Hide in the office and not answer the door and they couldn't understand why I wasn't fixed. Vanessa said it will hurt for a longtime and get use to it. Never received an exit interview. Dr Cluck didn't want to hear about failed surgery. I am worse off then before the surgery 2 plus years later.
Jan 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
all I can say in 500 character is, if you can find another doctor,I would It is his staff and poorly run. After dozens of Xray's, and waiting over 2 months for Dr Cluck to do a consultation with another Doctor, because my surgery was very complicated, I went to another surgeon. My Drs were in disbelief at his handling of the case. In fact one Dr tried to contact him to no avail. Patients either have a great experience or not. I considered filing a complaint, but what good would it do?
Janice in CA – Dec 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
I was very reluctant to have spinal fusion surgery. I knew how serious it was and all the potential ramifications. Dr Cluck was the third surgeon I spoke to. For many reasons, I did not want to have this surgery with those doctors. After my first appointment with Dr Cluck, I knew I could trust this doctor and that I would feel safe under his care. My surgery went amazingly well and I am able to walk without pain for the first time in 4 years. I recommend Dr Cluck highly.
Maggie in San Jose, CA – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
His office manager (Vaness) treats patients like they are a piece of meat.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jerry in Mountain View, CA – Aug 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
I was in a lot of pain and was having difficulty with my day to day activities. I am in my early 40's and was hesitant to have back surgery because I have heard so many bad stories, but after seeing Dr. Cluck I felt comfortable moving ahead. He tried conservative therapies first and when those failed recommended surgery. Despite being nervous, I went ahead and it was the best decision I ever made. I have my life back! I am pain free and able to enjoy all of the things I was before!
Jennifer in San jose, CA – Aug 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
First appointment they did not have me in the books. They took me in after waiting 1.5 hours and I saw a lady who I believe is his assistant? She left me in a room with a med student (who pushed way to hard on my injury and it hurt me for days to come). She came back in the room and said let's get you a X-ray and MRI. She did this without examining me, but I agreed because I knew I needed them. I never saw Dr. Cluck. She said I would when I came back with my results. Left the office after being
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Rita – Jul 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
I absolutely love Doctor Cluck. When I first saw him it was a Wednesday. My wife had gone to see the Doctor that worked on her knee, and try to get an appointment with with Doctor Cluck. In the past 5 days I had lost the use of my legs 3 times, the worst was that Tuesday @ 01:45, I didn’t even know splits. My wife explained what happened and he ordered what felt like 10 x-rays and made an appt to see me Friday, early morning. Long story short, he had in surgery Mon to fix the problem.
Bruno Richard Martinez in San José, CA – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
I went to Dr. Cluck because of other reviews and his video online, he seemed like a Doctor who actually cares about his patients. From my two visits, it seemed that he is more interested in overbooking patients (customers) to maximize profit.. I have been struggling with back pain for years, when describing my problems Dr. Cluck was condescending and not sympathetic, it felt like he was trying to get me out the door as quick as possible.
Los Gatos, CA – Oct 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?
After 1-1/2 years of exhausting and seriously effecting sciatic nerve pain due to a synovial cyst on my L4, L5 facet joint, I was referred to Dr. Cluck whereby surgery was my next step to long term pain relief. The cyst had hardened and after my first consultation with Dr. Cluck, we had decided to move forward with his recommendation of minimally invasive micro decompression surgery. Well, I'm here to tell you, I am totally pain free and I owe it all to Dr. Cluck. I have a New Lease on life!!!
Patrick Kiley in Morgan Hill, CA – Feb 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Cluck, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cluck?

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Driving Under the Influence (6/5/2019)View details
No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Cluck treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Cluck's conditions and procedures:

• Ataxia
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Dural Tear
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Dr. Cluck accepts

Dr. Cluck accepts the following insurance:

Values compassion, diversity, quality, integrity, teamwork, education and clinical research for both patients and other physicians.

Received medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine Omaha, Nebraska. Internship in general surgery from LAC+USC Medical Center. Residency...Read more

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery