Dr. Michael Clarke, MD

Dr. Michael Clarke, MD

Orthopedic Hip Surgery  |
Dr. Clarke is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, board-certified by The Royal College of Surgeons. He performs primary and revision hip and knee replacement surgery, with a particular interest in hip resurfacing, having one of the longest and largest experiences of this procedure in the entire USA. Dr. Clarke is a respected lecturer both nationally and internationally on Hip Replacement and Resurfacing, and has published original research in this field. He is an invited peer reviewer for several of the leading orthopedic journals read by orthopedic surgeons worldwide.

5719 Widewaters Pkwy Ste 3

Syracuse, NY 13214

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • CorVel
  • Elderplan

Learn about Dr. Clarke

See how frequently Dr. Clarke performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Resurfacing
Hip Replacement
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Clarke's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Clarke "Dr. Clarke performs and oversees both laboratory and clinical research projects that aim to further advance the art of treating diseases of the hip, including hip resurfacing. He has been awarded many research grants from both corporate and governmental agencies and continues to conduct laboratory and clinical research in novel orthopedic technologies."

• Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

Dr. Clarke does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Dysplasia
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for New York.

1 Sanction
  • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (5/26/2015)
    Action Taken: Probation
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New York

• Lea Hospital, Cambridge University, England
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, University Of East Anglia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Clarke has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Clarke has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Clarke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clarke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Clarke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clarke to family and friends
Dr. Clarke's Performance
in Baldwinsville, NY |
My first hip replacement with Dr Clark was in 2005. He took me as a patient after another well known hip surgeon would not perform surgery without me having significant weight loss first. My quality of life was suffering due to the pain. I was recommended to Dr Clark and he confidently told me he COULD do the surgery. My other hip replacement was done several years later. Excellent doctor, no problems at all! Would and have recommended Dr Clark to everyone! Great Doctor
in Prattsburgh, NY |
Dr. Clarke is an excellent doctor. Very professional, very compassionate.
in Norwood, NY |
I had a total hip replacement surgery on April 19, 2017. Dr. Clarke is excellent! He takes his time talking to you about the surgery. He did an excellent job on my surgery. I was home the next day ! I would highly recommend Dr. Clarke to anyone. If I need my other hip done, I will go back to Dr. Clarke.
in Farmington , NY |
My experience was excellent with Dr Clarke and his staff. From the time my insurance kicked in1/1/2017 the wait time was nothing to get my resurfacing surgery completed which was on 1/25/2017. I like how he was straight to the point and let's get this done attitude. I did my research and knew he would do the best option for me (I was pushing for BHR surgery).It took him only a half hour or less to complete the procedure and let me tell you this Dr. knows what he's doing.top notch surgeon.
in Kirkville, NY |
Would definitely recommend him. He is a straight forward shooter - talks in terms a lay person understands and dictates his diagnosis and actions taken / to be taken right in front of you. Wish more doctors acted like he did. Surgery date is in the future and if initial meeting is anything like surgery, I am confident that I'm in good hands.
in Baldwinsville, NY |
My wife and I found Dr. Clarke charming, thorough and happily relatively conservative in his approach to my concerns. I thought I would need a knee replacement but he resolved my problem for now with recommendations other than that.
Ithaca, NY |
Brilliant surgeon. I wouldn't consider any other hip surgeon. A bit brusque but much more patient-friendly than a few years ago.
in Syracuse, NY |
Doctor was "right to the point" in his explanation of the procedures he was going to use. - clear explanations.
in Cicero, NY |
During the last 6 monthsI have received excellent care by Dr Clarke and Mary Scozzari RPA. They have both explained any questions I had about hip replacement surgery. The surgery was explained and performed successfully. I would recommend Dr Clarke to others.
in Cuyler, ny |
Dr. Clarke diagnosed my problem within five minutes after three other orthopedic Drs could not. I recommend him to anyone I meet who has orthopedic issues.
in Bridgeport, NY |
Dr. Mike listens. I went in with some concerns about my other hip. Through his eye contact and body language, it's easy to see that he is concerned and not dismissive.
in Pulaski N.Y. |
My experience with doctor Clarke was and continues to be great.He is very knowledgeable about his profession and explains things in a way so that I am able to understand what he is going to do and what is happening. I have had a lot of unexpected complications due to infections. His ability to treat me and continue to battle the on going issues with my wound has made me feel confident that I amay in the hands of a great surgeon.
in Syracuse, NY |
My hip replacements went great! Dr Clarke is an awesome person and always kept me informed and answered all of my questions. His bright personality and smile made me at ease all of the time. I have already recommended him to friends that are in need of his help.
in Endwell, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr Clarke's since 2008. He is an excellent surgeon but one who will rule out all alternatives before recommending surgery. He is compassionate and is one of the best in handling complex cases.
in Binghamton, NY |
great dr and he does a great job
West Fulton, NY |
Dr. Clarke was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He made me feel worthless and that I was a waste of time. Very condescending.
in Philadelphia, PA |
My experience with Dr. Clarke and his staff couldn't have been better. The surgery, nine years ago, was easier than I hoped for, and my experience with him and his staff since has always been professional, pleasant and helpful. Any questions I had were always answered clearly, and I've always felt I was treated with respect by Dr. Clarke and his staff. I was also seen on time for my two follow up visits since the initial surgery.
in Manlius, NY |
Dr. Clarke performed a left and then a right hip resurfacing 8 years ago, and the results have given me back my life. I enjoy downhill skiing, aerobic workouts at the gym, and everything that I was able to do before OA. Dr. Clarke continues to annually monitor my joint health, and is always patient and knowledgeable, answering any questions with understandable terminology. I feel very fortunate that he was in Syracuse when I needed help. O
in Ithaca, NY |
Terrific doctor!
in Venice Beach, Florida |
I really liked Dr Clarke's expertise, personality and ethics. I have had a total hip replacement surgery in 2006 and 1 year later a revision surgery with Dr Clarke. Both times I had the BEST experience!!!
in Bonita Springs FL & Mannsville, NY |
I consider Dr Clarke to be very straight forward, honest and complete with his answers and discussions regarding my case. He never rushed an appointment and you left with a high sense of confidence in his ability. 5 star!
in OSwego NY |
SAw me for hip pain. Had a list of suggested ideas. Surgery was at the bottom of the list. A shot of cortisone helped a lot. Thanks to Dr Clarke
Have you seen Dr. Michael Clarke, MD?
Are you Dr. Clarke?

Visit Dr. Clarke

Dr. Clarke accepts 45 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Buckeye Community Health Plan
    Medicare
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CareSource
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • Fidelis Care
    HealthNet
    Tricare
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.
  • HealthPlus
  • Martin's Point
  • Midwest Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
    Medicaid
    Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
  • MVP Health Care