Orthopedic Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Michael Ciccotti, MD
Dr. Ciccotti, Director of the Sports Medicine Team at the Rothman Institute, is internationally recognized for his work in sports medicine. He is a Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery , Chief of Sports Medicine, and Director of the Sports Medicine Fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University. He serves as Head Team Physician for the Philadelphia Phillies and St. Joseph’s University. He is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and has served on the Board of Directors for the major Sports Medicine Societies in the world. He has authored numerous articles, research, and textbooks and has lectured extensively nationally and internationally on sports medicine. He has been consistently recognized as one of the “Top Sports Doctors” regionally and nationally. Dr. Ciccotti currently serves as the President of the Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association.

925 Chestnut St Fl 5

• Health Net
  • Keystone Health Plan East
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Ciccotti

The Rothman Institute is affiliated with hospitals consisting of state-of-the-art facilities befitting world-class orthopaedic centers. Everything, from clinical and surgical centers, a fully equipped imaging area (with the latest MRI equipment) and a physical therapy center, to a pain management area, an orthotic center and research laboratories, libraries and an educational center are all under one roof. All are designed for the comfort and convenience of patients, as well as for the most efficient, effective delivery of care.

Dr. Ciccotti's Experience

Dr. Ciccotti's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Synovial Biopsy
  • Tendon Surgery
  • Tommy John Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• College of the Holy Cross

• Outstanding Audiovisual Award, 1993
  • Head Team Physician- Philadelphia, 1999-2008
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis of the Elbow, 1994
  • The Diagnosis and Management of Epicondylitis, 2002
  • An Electromyographic Analysis of the Normal, The Rehabilitated ACL Deficient, and the ACL Reconstructed Patient During Functional Activities, 1995

• Orthopaedic Surgery, Professor
  • Sports Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University, Chief of Staff
  • Sports Medicine Team at Rothman Institute, Director

Dr. Ciccotti's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ciccotti to family and friends
Dr. Ciccotti's Performance
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Ciccotti is an amazing surgeon. My twins 17 both required surgery. My daughter tore her ACL, my son tore his UCL (tommy johns surgery) we are about 5 months post surgery and both have had a tremendous experience!!!! I have no doubt they will be back to playing their sport even stronger than before I am extremely grateful and lucky to have had such a talented compassionate Doctor for my children!!!!
in Philadelphia, PA |
You always want to go to the best. And Dr. Cicotti is the best--you expect it from him being a physician for the major sports teams--and you know what? You get that level of excellence. And beyond that, you get one of the most knowledgeable, nicest Doctors I've ever encountered. He has large scale responsibilities, but treats YOU as the most important person in his day, no matter how many questions you ask. Just the best. Have a knee issue? This is the guy.
in Cinnaminson NJ |
Couldn't have had a more pleasant experience through the entire process. Just spoke today during my 3 month post surgery check up, everything is going well, no pain, most of my flexibility has returned and I was cleared to go back to sporting activities. Dr C just makes you feel good and takes all the time you need to answer questions let along a through check up. Highly recommend him for shoulder repairs, mine was rotator.
Vincentown, NJ |
My son had Tommy John surgery and Dr. Ciccotti made us feel comfortable when he described the procedure and our follow up visits. He answered all questions and gave detailed instructions.
in Merchantville, NJ |
Dr.Ciccotti performed surgery on my 17yr old son who tore his ACL playing football. Because of Dr.Ciccotti he has made a full recovery and will start his Senior year !!! Thank You so much
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Ciccotti is a star, because of his diagnostic abilities of injuries, and his surgical abilities. He is also a caring and patient attending physician. He is the best.
in Devon, PA |
It's unusual to see a surgeon with great bedside manner. Dr. Ciccotti has both! My ACL surgery went well and his team and follow up care are excellent. I feel very well taken care of and I would recommend him for knee surgery any day!
in Philadelphia, PA |
I was very pleased with Dr. Ciccotti, who was very competent and overall explained things well. I was not happy with post op treatment at Jefferson but I don't think that was Dr. Ciccotti's fault. The only thing I didn't get a clear answer from him was why my surgery took longer than expected. My recovery so far is good so I I think he did the surgery well.
in Berlin, NJ |
Extremely knowledgeable and cares about his patients. Great doctor.
Philadelphia, PA |
Outstanding surgeon. As a physician myself would recommend him to anyone. Was also very happy with Rothman Orthopedics, very well run office.
Margate |
Dr. Ciccotti has helped me through a difficult time. He is an excellent doctor who gives you the time that you need. I am grateful to be in his care and look forward to my future in sports.
in Audubon, PA |
Dr. Ciccotti is awesome! He repaired my torn rotator cuff and labrum back in November and, six months later, I have minimal discomfort which lessens with every passing day. I'm back to being able to do all the things I could do pre-injury, just as Dr. Ciccotti anticipated ... as long as I followed his PT and recovery protocol, which I did. Dr. Ciccotti is extremely personable, caring and an outstanding surgeon who I would highly recommend.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Ciccotti is very friendly and knowledgeable. He goes over your injury and procedure in depth so you know exactly what's wrong, what your options are and he goes over each option so you can make the best decision for you. He reconstructed my ACL and meniscus and did a fantastic job. Every few weeks/months I have follow ups with him to assess my progression.
Philadelphia, PA |
I couldn't be happier with Dr. Ciccotti. Took the time to explain everything pre and post op. I'm feel really good about my recovery from labrum and rotator cuff surgery which is ahead of schedule at 6 weeks post op.
in Reading, PA |
My husband had an appt with Dr. Ciccotti to examine and evaluate his knee. After X-rays and an MRI Dr. Ciccotti thought it be best for him not to have a knee replaced without exploring other avenues. He is not quick to do surgery but I know from my cousin he is the best when he does it. He is very nice and dies not rush you. I would recommend Dr. Ciccotti to everyone.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I could not be more pleased with the results of my rotator cuff surgery. He took the time to explain the process, set expectations and answered all of my questions...he also made himself / his staff available for questions and concerns during my recovery.
Trenton, NJ |
Dr Cicotti is always friendly, attentive and makes you feel as if he cares
in Washington Crossing, PA |
Best surgeon ever had and excellent besides manor. Thank you Doc.
Harleysville, PA |
Very pleased with my knee procedure. He is a good surgeon. my recuperation is ahead of schedule. He took the time to explain all the options and rationale for procedure.
in Ft. Washington, PA |
Absolutely! He has taken care of my knees since 2003.
Blue Bell Pa |
Excellent
in Downingtown, PA |
Dr. Ciccotti took the time to explain implications of my injury and options including not to have surgery. He explained things from a medical perspective and the potential impacts on my life with each option. When interacting with Dr. Ciccotti I felt I had his undivided attention, and he addressed all my questions, providing perspectives from his knowledge and experience. I have recommended Dr. Ciccotti to several people and would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.
Dr. Ciccotti was terrific! How care, compassion, and knowledge helped me recover fast!
in Chester Springs, PA |
My experience with Dr. Ciccotti has been nothing but spectacular! When I first met him for a consult, I wasn't sure if I wanted to have the rotator cuff surgery that was recommended by my orthopedist. Dr. Ciccotti clearly laid out my options and offered to have a specialist look at my MRI to provide another opinion. The follow up was always prompt and thorough. Dr. Ciccotti always demonstrated care and concern. On the day of surgery, he relieved my fears with patience and understanding.
in Narberth, PA |
My son needed shoulder surgery and we were fortunate enough to get an appointment with Dr. Ciccotti. Dr. Ciccotti displays genuine concern and compassion. All went well with my son's surgery on account of Dr. Ciccotti's technical excellence.
in Newark, DE |
Easy to talk to, extremely pleasant.
in Malvern |
Frank , earnest, conscientious. Takes time to help the patient make informed decisions Work is flawless.
in philadelphia |
great diagnostician as well as amazing bed side manner. Highest possible recommendation
in Philadelphia, PA |
I had a total knee replacement and I'm doing really well only three months post-op. Dr. Cicotti is an excellent surgeon w years of experience. He's very thorough and clear in explaining the procedure and what risks and benefits it entails. He's a good listener, communicates well, and is very compassionate..
Tunkhannock Pa |
Had acl surgery, best doctor around for this! Dr Cicciotti and staff are all wonderful!
in East Norriton, PA |
I am forever grateful Dr. Ciccotti was the one who performed my ACL and Miniscus surgery. Everything about my experience with Dr. Ciccotti, Adrianna and team was beyond what I could have hoped for. You immediately feel confident in his ability. He takes his time, explaining things in a way that can be easily understood, puts you at ease, effectively directs and follows up with the P.T.'s, and follows up on any questions and concerns. In a nutshell, you're in good hands with him.
in Chester Springs, PA |
Dr Ciccotti is a rare find! He did surgery on my daughter's meniscus and he has been so thorough throughout the entire process. He never makes you feel rushed and he explains things so that everyone can understand them and will answer any and every question you have. I have complete trust in Dr Ciccotti and really appreciate how he deals with his patients.
in Toms River, NJ |
Very experienced, good patient communication, very good follow up by Dr. Ciccotti and team.
in Cherry Hill, NJ |
Had TKR January 2016. 3 months into it and I am totally pain free and walking with no difficulty. I am doing activities I have been unable to do for 2 years. Dr Ciccotti is amazing!
in Philadelphia, PA |
The Doctor is a master at his craft. Had meniscus repair in two spots. It was thoroughly explained what would happen and even that I would walk the stairs needed at my home end of day. And I did. Surrounded by professionals.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Ciccotti did an excellent job explaining the procedure and what to expect regarding full recovery. Highly recommended!!
Medford, NJ |
I had two surgery's by him. My Physical therapist was too aggressive and aggravated my situation. Dr. Ciccotti saw me immediately once he found out what happened and continued to see me every other week after the surgery to monitor my progress. He went out of his way to call other Top doctors in the field so I could get follow-up tests with them. Of course the other doctors said they couldn't see me for months. When I told Dr. Ciccotti this, he personally called them and got me immediately in.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Ciccotti, MD?
Are you Dr. Ciccotti?