Dr. Michael Christie, MD

Dr. Michael Christie, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
44 reviews

Dr. Michael Christie, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Christie is affiliated with Tristar Centennial Medical Center and Vanderbilt University Medical Center....See Less

Southern Joint Replacement Institute

2400 Patterson St Ste 100

Nashville, TN 37203

• Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Christie

The mission of Southern Joint Replacement Institute is to provide state-of-the-art care in a professional and compassionate environment while honoring a commitment to research and education in the field of joint replacement.  We are fully committed to providing personalized care and developing lasting relationships with patients and their families.

Video

Dr. Christie's Experience

Dr. Christie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Bone Cancer
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Medical School | Graduated 1978
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Christie has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Christie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Christie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Christie to family and friends
Dr. Christie's Performance
in Hopkinsville, KY |
I had a problem and Dr Christie took care of the problem with my left knee and me while was in the hospital, on every follow-up he would explain everything that was going to be done. Dr Christie bed side manerisom are just great because he alway make you feel comfortable. I reccomend him in a heart beat. Thank you Dr Christie for the services you and your team provide John R Hopkinsville, KY
in Jackson, TN |
Everything about my visit was great .. Every person from sign in to Dr Christie was so friendly and helpful. Dr Christie diagnosed my problem almost immediately. There was no long waiting time.
in Nashville, TN |
I had double knee surgery 31/2 years ago by Dr Christie. They are doing great and still perfectly aligned. I now need surgery to repair a muscle that has torn and retracted. He will have to reattach it to my hip bone. I have to wait almost 3 months for him to do it and was willing because I believe he will do a good job.
Dr. Christie and his staff are exceptional care providers. I found him to be pleasant, to-the-point, and extremely comfortable with translating complex medical procedures into language understandable by a layman. Every single member of his staff has been pleasant, agreeable, and good-humored.
in Spring Hill, TN |
Dr Christie is absolutely the best. Great surgeon and great man with great results. His staff...awesome, professional, helpful and kind.
Thompsons Station, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Christie for complicated bilateral fourth hip revisions. (unfortunately, 8 total) I am blessed that he has this knowledge and practices in my area. So far, the right side has been replaced and my 3 month X-rays showed no complications and the triflange prosthesis was intact. I also recommend the physical therapy at Southern Bone and Joint. The therapists are in direct contact with the surgeons. I am pleased with my progress as I regain mobility. Thank you Dr. Christie.
in Brownsville, TN |
Excellent. All personnel were professional and efficient. All of them were very impressive. Dr. Christie left no doubt that things would turn out fine in my "do-over" replacement. Wish I had known about him for the initial replacement. dm
in Crossville, TN |
Very informative
in Metter, GA |
Dr. Christie was very courteous, his staff spent almost two hours talking and asking me about my hip and the problems I've had. Dr. Christie spent thirty minutes explaining what he would be doing to fix my hip problem. I have already talked with a family member from St. Louis who needs a hip replacement and I referred Dr. Christie even before he has operated on me just from his bed side manner. I've had six hip surgeries and in my opinion I feel like I've found the man who can fix my problem.
Lewisburg, TN |
Dr. Christie sincerely wants to help each patient solve the health problems caused by failing joints. Not only is he a leader in the field of joint replacement he gives of his time and talents to treat the poor and indigent. His manner and thoroughness in the exam really puts you at ease. His follow ups and keeping in touch with the patient is beyond what seems to be the norm in his profession. I certainly recommend him.
in Benton, KY |
The best in all areas
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Christie was highly recommended by a friend of mine and also a previous doctor that I had seen for the same condition. He was very thorough in explaining the procedure for hip replacement surgery. The staff at SJRI was also very accommodating and professional.
in Park City, KY |
I have been a patient of Dr Christie's or 23 years. I have had excellent care. I truly believe Dr. Christie knowledge and gift has allowed me to remain active and walking. Dr. Christie ensures his patients receive excellent care in every aspect of a joint replacement.
in Pulaski Tn 38478 |
Dr. Christie and his staff are very kind and considerate...They even take time to listen when you have a problem....
in Nashville, TN |
Following a botched-up TKR done by a different group, I finally was referred to Dr. Christie (Orthopedic surgeon #5) for revision surgery. There are no words in my vocabulary to express how much Dr. Christie helped me and restored my faith in the medical field. He is the very best and I shall always appreciate that he actually believed me and went to work to fix the problem. I am losing the fear of falling that plagued my life for three years!
in Lebanon, TN |
I had knee surgery April 1, 2016 with Dr. Christie. He is great. Took time to talk to me before and after surgery. Very good about explaining everything to me and answered all my questions.
in Sparta, TN |
Excellent experience with Dr. Christie. He explained why I was having the problems I was having and what needed to be done, which was a complete knee replacement. Dr. Christie was compassionate and had a very good bedside manner, which is important to me. Come thru the surgery and PT with flying colors....a complete different experience than I had with my hip replacement at another hospital and dr. SJRI is the only place I would go for any orthopedic surgery needed.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Christie, MD?
Are you Dr. Christie?

Nashville, TN 37203
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
1211 Medical Center Drive
Nashville, TN 37232

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Christie at Southern Joint Replacement Institute

Dr. Jefferson Morrison, MD