Dr. Michael Christie, MD

Dr. Michael Christie, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Michael Christie, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Christie is affiliated with Tristar Southern Hills Medical Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Tristar Centennial Medical Center.

Southern Joint Replacement Institute

2400 Patterson St Ste 100

Nashville, TN 37203

• Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Christie

The mission of Southern Joint Replacement Institute is to provide state-of-the-art care in a professional and compassionate environment while honoring a commitment to research and education in the field of joint replacement.  We are fully committed to providing personalized care and developing lasting relationships with patients and their families.

Video

Dr. Christie's Experience

Dr. Christie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Bone Cancer
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Medical School | Graduated 1978
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Christie has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Christie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Christie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Christie to family and friends
Dr. Christie's Performance
in Jackson, TN |
I have known Dr. Christie for over 17 years. He did my first hip surgery in 2001. It was later necessary to revise my hips and he operated again on me in 2013. I’ve done extremely well and have returned to full activity. I have complete confidence in Dr. Christie. I am a surgeon myself and recognize those qualities that make him such a fine surgeon, especially his attention to detail. He is also a very caring physician and wants you to achieve your very best. I highly recommend him.
in Smiths Grove, KY |
Who would predict hearing the news, “You need 2 complete knee replacement surgeries” be a positive experience? From the initial visit through the pre-op, surgery and follow-up procedures, the compassionate and personalized care provided by Dr. Christie and his staff is second to none! Explains complicated medical procedures in a way a 6-year-old can understand! If you are looking for the best, without reservation it is Dr. Micahel Christie, Southern Joint Institute! He is worth the wait!
in Lewisburg, TN |
The entire process was wonderful. From the first appointment where Dr. Christie agreed I needed right knee replacement, through six weeks of preoperation physical therapy and uneventful surgery and then six weeks postop physical therapy I felt that everyone on the staff really cared about me and a successful outcome. The six week checkup revealed a perfect "new" knee. Dr. Christie has a wonderful, well earned reputation and I certainly would recommend him to family and friends.
in Henagar, Alabama |
Dr Christie's office is what every Doctor Office should be. The phones are not one automated message after another, with multiple options. You get to talk with a real person. Very minimal wait time in the waiting room and exam room. The staff were all very helpful and courteous. X-Rays and a CT were performed on the initial visit, no second or third appointment. Dr Christie had done his homework. If you want steak, you go to a steak house.
in Spring Hill, TN |
Dr Christie is the best. I have been a patient of Dr Christie's for 15 years. He not only is an excellent surgeon but a great man. Would recommend him to all family and friends. He also has the best staff. His staff always takes care of anything I need.
in Franklin, TN |
I just had my second knee replacement surgery, done by Dr. Christie. He is excellent and takes good care of his patients. He and his staff take care to provide pain relieving methods and they are always very responsive to any requests . I highly recommend Dr. Christie and his group.
in Franklin, TN |
Dr Christie's knowledge of knees made my decision easy once he and Martha saw how bad my knees were. He's a consummate professional who put caring and thought into serious conditions. I interviewed 3 other Ortho replacement doctors, and as soon as I met him and his staff, I knew I was at home. I have had many people operate on my knees, but none were so qualified as Dr. Christy. I had both knees replaced and was up walking after 6 weeks, WITH NO PAIN, but my PT continues.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Christie replaced one knee in 2009 and the second last year. He and his staff are both professional and caring. Almost all the PT staff are the same people who were there seven years before. The recovery has been great; I'm able to be a physically active as I want -- returning to competitive tennis after six months, as well as hiking, and working out. During my PT, The surgery has advances to the point that my recovery this time was much faster and far less painful than last. Thank you!
in Nash TN |
Excellent dr and staff. Continue to recommend every chance given. Thx to Dr Christie and staff!
in Decatur, AL |
Dr. Christie was the absolute epitome of what every person wants in a physician. He was warm, friendly, caring, as well as informative, thorough, and very knowledgeable. He was worth the wait for an appointment.
in Nashville, TN |
From the time I checked in at the reception desk to my X-rays, to the nurse that checked my vital signs, to Martha the nurse practitioner, to Dr, Christie who spends as much time as you need to explain your situation, and Jon in physical therapy- everyone and I mean everyone was courteous and took time to explain things to me. I never felt rushed with anyone, and that is rare in a Dr.'s office.
Brentwood, Tn |
Dr Christie did an excellent job with my knee replacement. The process was very streamlined. I went to PT iat his office and found the staff to be very professional and helpful. I am very happy with my results and would highly recommend Dr Christie.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Christie has always been very professional and caring. He has been a pleasant in our meetings. I have a great deal of respect for his skill and extraordinary experience in his field.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
He is the best!!
in Nashville, TN |
I was told that Dr. Christie was the gold standard in joint replacement, and that certainly proved to be the case with me. He was thorough, professional, very kind and immediately put me at ease. I have already recommended him to several friends. There was one little thing at his office that, to me, illustrated his level of care -- the chairs in the waiting room were higher to accommodate those who have trouble standing from a low chair.
in Joelton |
Not only is Doctor Christie the best of the best orthopedic surgeons, probably in the country, he treats people with care and compassion. He is a phenomenal human being that also happens to be a phenomenal surgeon!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Christie replaced both my wife's knees in March 2016....she has done so well that I expect to do just as well...Dr. Christie is a knowledgeable, patient, skillful, great Doctor and I recommend him to anyone I encounter with joint problems.
Nashville, TN |
Having waited a long time to get a bi-lateral knee replacement, I chose Dr. Christie. I have been very pleased with him. Yes, having both knees done at the same time is a major deal. In addition, I had some medical issues (not caused by the surgery) which put me behind with the physical therapy. I am progressing very well.
in Brownsville, TN |
I cannot believe the results. After a long time injury with multiple orthoscopic surgeries and a knee replacement, I was not optimistic about a knee revision. However; after my revision two years later, and six weeks of rehab, progress has been so much better than the first. Dr Christie and the entire staff have a program of true excellence. I now have a quality of life that has been missing for several years. I am so grateful for him and his expertise. I would highly recommend him,
in Franklin, TN |
Office personnel and technicians are professional and courteous. Dr. Christie took time to listen to my concerns and, even though surgery was not necessary, he was helpful in suggesting alternative avenues of treatment for relief of pain and prevention of further damage. I would recommend Dr. Christie to anyone that is experiencing discomfort in their hips and knees.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr Christie is a great surgeon! He has done 2 hip replacements and replaced one of my knees. He has trained many young surgeons that practice today. I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is top in his field.
in Hopkinsville, KY |
I had a problem and Dr Christie took care of the problem with my left knee and me while was in the hospital, on every follow-up he would explain everything that was going to be done. Dr Christie bed side manerisom are just great because he alway make you feel comfortable. I reccomend him in a heart beat. Thank you Dr Christie for the services you and your team provide John R Hopkinsville, KY
in Jackson, TN |
Everything about my visit was great .. Every person from sign in to Dr Christie was so friendly and helpful. Dr Christie diagnosed my problem almost immediately. There was no long waiting time.
in Nashville, TN |
I had double knee surgery 31/2 years ago by Dr Christie. They are doing great and still perfectly aligned. I now need surgery to repair a muscle that has torn and retracted. He will have to reattach it to my hip bone. I have to wait almost 3 months for him to do it and was willing because I believe he will do a good job.
Dr. Christie and his staff are exceptional care providers. I found him to be pleasant, to-the-point, and extremely comfortable with translating complex medical procedures into language understandable by a layman. Every single member of his staff has been pleasant, agreeable, and good-humored.
Thompsons Station, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Christie for complicated bilateral fourth hip revisions. (unfortunately, 8 total) I am blessed that he has this knowledge and practices in my area. So far, the right side has been replaced and my 3 month X-rays showed no complications and the triflange prosthesis was intact. I also recommend the physical therapy at Southern Bone and Joint. The therapists are in direct contact with the surgeons. I am pleased with my progress as I regain mobility. Thank you Dr. Christie.
in Crossville, TN |
Very informative
in Metter, GA |
Dr. Christie was very courteous, his staff spent almost two hours talking and asking me about my hip and the problems I've had. Dr. Christie spent thirty minutes explaining what he would be doing to fix my hip problem. I have already talked with a family member from St. Louis who needs a hip replacement and I referred Dr. Christie even before he has operated on me just from his bed side manner. I've had six hip surgeries and in my opinion I feel like I've found the man who can fix my problem.
in Benton, KY |
The best in all areas
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Christie was highly recommended by a friend of mine and also a previous doctor that I had seen for the same condition. He was very thorough in explaining the procedure for hip replacement surgery. The staff at SJRI was also very accommodating and professional.
in Park City, KY |
I have been a patient of Dr Christie's or 23 years. I have had excellent care. I truly believe Dr. Christie knowledge and gift has allowed me to remain active and walking. Dr. Christie ensures his patients receive excellent care in every aspect of a joint replacement.
in Pulaski Tn 38478 |
Dr. Christie and his staff are very kind and considerate...They even take time to listen when you have a problem....
in Nashville, TN |
Following a botched-up TKR done by a different group, I finally was referred to Dr. Christie (Orthopedic surgeon #5) for revision surgery. There are no words in my vocabulary to express how much Dr. Christie helped me and restored my faith in the medical field. He is the very best and I shall always appreciate that he actually believed me and went to work to fix the problem. I am losing the fear of falling that plagued my life for three years!
in Lebanon, TN |
I had knee surgery April 1, 2016 with Dr. Christie. He is great. Took time to talk to me before and after surgery. Very good about explaining everything to me and answered all my questions.
in Sparta, TN |
Excellent experience with Dr. Christie. He explained why I was having the problems I was having and what needed to be done, which was a complete knee replacement. Dr. Christie was compassionate and had a very good bedside manner, which is important to me. Come thru the surgery and PT with flying colors....a complete different experience than I had with my hip replacement at another hospital and dr. SJRI is the only place I would go for any orthopedic surgery needed.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Christie, MD?
Are you Dr. Christie?

Nashville, TN 37203
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
1211 Medical Center Drive
Nashville, TN 37232

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Christie at Southern Joint Replacement Institute