Dr. Michael H. Cho, MD

Dr. Michael H. Cho, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 50 years old

To treat non-surgical patients without surgery, and to treat surgical patients with surgery.Read more

Dr. Cho's Experience

See how Dr. Cho's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cho

Dr. Cho accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Cho has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Cho
Dr. Cho's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (18)
in Fishkill, NY 12524 |
In choosing a doctor for my spinal surgery I was very fortunate that Dr. Michael Cho was recommended..... His manner, knowledge,& the way he explained my spinal problem to my husband & me was done with care , concern & in a way that it was understandable to us. I am 2 months into recovery from surgery, & am free of my previous pain. I could not be more happy with the surgery results. I would recommend Dr.Cho highly to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
Dr. Cho is one of those doctors rare doctors who is an excellent neurosurgeon. He has compassion, listens and understands his patients. He takes time to focus on the patient which is rare today. He took time to explaining the spinal fusion surgery necessary to return to my former lifestyle. It has been one year and I no longer have any sciatica pain. I highly recommend him.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
I highly recommend Dr.Cho. I was suffering from trigeminal neuralgia for years. I decided to make an appointment with him. He explained the procedure, he gave me the confidence I need to go ahead. He performed a microvascular decompression on me, the surgery was a success, I'm now pain free. He gave me my life back!! Thank you Dr Cho for what you for me.
in Dover Plains, NY |
Dr. Cho explained the choices he determined from his review of the MRI of my spine. The decision I made was for him to operate on my spine that was done in June 2016. The result is wonderful, returning me to my former activities. I am no longer in pain and not needing to walk with the help of a cane. I praise Dr. Cho for the time he spent while I was attempting to make a decision for surgery. In addition he looked in on me every day of my hospital stay. Every day I feel lucky he was my surgeon.
in New York, NY |
My mom has a tumor that is located in her ear that effects her central nervous system. We went to NYC but needed a follow up Dr's local he was a pleasure to meet. Very friendly and very informative about her condition. I would recommend him to anyone that need his professional opinion.
in Newburgh, NY |
I had a degenerative problem in my c-spine that was causing pain and numbness from shoulder to toes on my left side. After the surgery I found myself needing very little pain medication and stopped it the day after surgery and was comfortable. I was also able to walk and move around the day after. Recovery at home was smooth and fast with few limitations and the pain I had before was gone. I've regained most of the feeling in one of my two numb fingers. I can't praise Dr. Cho's abilities enough!
in Amenia, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Cho, he was honest and straight forward with me from day one. I was in a bad spot and he preformed a four disc spinal fusion with plating last December. The recovery time was exactly as he said, I had moments of doubt but I pushed through the bad days and was back to work in less than 3 months. This Dude is a rockstar!! I can run, jump and play with my daughter again something I though was gone. Thank you so much Dr. Cho for everything you and your staff did for me.
in Hopewell jct. |
I was hit by a car and brought to Mid Hudson Regional Hospital where I underwent surgery from Doctor Cho. My spine was fractured and I had damage to the spinal chord. It wasn't a surprise that most doctors I talked to never thought I walk again. The surgery lasted 7 hours and Dr. Cho gave me my life back. My spine has fully healed and I'm able to walk on my own now and get better each day. Every doctor or professional has said I was unbelievably lucky and how great a job he did.
in Hopewell Junction, NY |
There's a reason he's working in the middle of nowhere. Unprofessional and unprepared. He was yawning the entire appointment, which lasted about 7 minutes. He barely let me speak, and was not aware of the latest research on the condition, which contradicted his opinions that he learned a decade ago. Dismissed my symptoms and told me not to worry about a rapidly growing 8 cm lesion in my brain.
We are deeply sorrow for any patients that we may offend. That is certainly not the goal of our practice. The goal of our practice is to give sensible and well-intentioned treatment recommendations. In every case our recommendations are based on what we would do for ourselves or our family members. So we stand by our recommendations. We also recognize that there are many potentially different treatment options for any given condition. So we encourage second opinions.
in Westchester, NY |
I went to see Dr. Cho as a follow-up to my craniotomy. Dr. Cho took the time to explain my films and answer all of my questions. Dr. Cho was very knowledgable and explained things clearly. Most importantly, he was very reassuring and he calmed the anxiety I had regarding my condition. I was recommended to Dr. Cho through another patient and I would do the same without hesitation.
in Hopewell Junction, NY |
Can't say enough. Lots of folks (nurses, MRI techs etc.) said he was a great doctor. It's validated. I was scheduled for surgery. I'd lost left-arm usage due to cervical disk issues. I felt reassured about Dr. Cho given all the verbal accolades. On surgery day I was prepped, IV inserted, ready to go. Dr. Cho walked in, checked my arm, and saw that some function had returned. He cancelled surgery right there, on the spot. Sent me home. Take THAT, Obamacare! A doctor of integrity!
in Middletown NY |
Working with doctors is my profession. I was reluctant to see someone I did not know. After meeting Dr Cho for the first time I knew immediately I was in good hands. He performed my back surgery which was needed to remove a cyst from my spine which was causing numbness & terrible pain in my low back & left leg preventing me from being able to walk. The care that I received from office staff, O.R. staff, & hospital staff was phenomenal. Dr Cho is truly an exceptionial experienced 5 star surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Michael H. Cho, MD?

Compare Dr. Cho

Dr. Cho's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cho's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

Completed in 1999

Haverford College

Graduated in 1988

• Korean

Dr. Cho does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cho and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.