Dr. Michael A. Charters, MD

Dr. Michael A. Charters, MD

14 reviews

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics | Male | 34 years old

As a Henry Ford Joint Replacement surgeon, I enjoy getting to know my patients and the activities they enjoy. By learning about my patients and their treatment goals, I am able to develop a personalized treatment plan to help them return to the activities they love. I like to have an open discussion with my patients and their family members about all available options to treat their hip or knee arthritis. I like to discuss not only surgery but also treatment options without surgery.Read more

Henry Ford Medical Group

Dr. Charters' Experience

See how Dr. Charters' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Charters

Dr. Charters accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Charters has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Charters' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Charters to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Charters
Dr. Charters' Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (14)
in Flat Rock,Mi |
Dr.Charters is one of the most caring doctors I have ever been to, he is so understanding and is always so willing to help in any way possible. When I first meet him I was a little worried because he is so young but I wouldn't go to anyone else for my procedures. After I had my knee surgery he call and checked on me several times and came to visit me. He talked with my husband and I and answered all our questions and made sure I understood everything about the surgery and recovery. Thank you
in detroit, mi |
Dr. Charters and his staff are amazong! He has done both of my knee replacements. Highly recommend him to others, he will be doing a family members knee replacement in the near future.
in Newport, MI |
I developed a blood clot after my knee replacement and Dr. Charters called me at home after hours several times to see how I was doing. I have never had a Dr. do that before. Not only is he an expert in his field, he has a wonderful personality. I would, and have, recommended him to everyone. I have not had any pain in my knee and my surgery was a year ago. Sometime later I am sure my other knee will need to be replaced and I will certainly be calling on him again!
in Grosse Ile, mi |
Dr. Charters is very knowledgeable and explains the procedure so that you understand everything that will be done in your surgery. He also has a great staff. I healed exactly in the time frame he said. He was very pleasant and a joy to deal with. I would, and have suggested Dr. Charters to people I know.
in Lincoln Park, MI |
I've been very happy with my care from Dr. Charters. He listens,and is very honest and upfront about any treatment you are considering. I had a hip replacement and my recovery was great-all you have to do is follow directions! I was very happy with the care and concern demonstrated during the entire process, and would highly recommend him.
in Detroit, MI |
Had hip replacement surgery in mid 2016 with Dr. Charters. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly and smoothly my recovery was. Dr. Charters was very attentive thru out the process. Would not hesitate to recommend him.
in Flat Rock, MI |
I was very nervous about what procedures would have to be done with my knee. I needed a total knee replacement of the left knee. The pain was so bad for about three years and now I'm pain free. This surgery turned my life around and I can do pretty much of anything I want ( for a 76 year old). Dr. Charters is a wonderful, kind and very good surgeon. I was so lucky to have him for my doctor!
in lake orion, mi |
Previous to hip surgery, I had a femur break, which did not heal properly and rod in femur broke. Was referred to Dr. Charters and Dr. Hoegler (femur doctor) at Henry Ford. They determined that a hip replacement would be a better fix than attempting another rod. Dr. Hoegler took out old rod. A week later, Dr. Charters did replacement. Wonderful! Walking without limp. No pain. Best I have been in six years. Would absolutely recommend Dr. Charters! No hesitation at all.
in detroit, mi |
Doctors charter was very thorough in meeting my medical needs and concerns. Dr. Charters was very personable. He made me feel at ease during the whole process. I appreciated his skills and kindness.
in Troy, MI |
Dr. Charters has wonderful social skills along with his exceptional surgical talent. He treats you with respect, answers all your questions and continually asks if you have any additional questions. As to his social skills, he took the time to call on a holiday because he was out of town when I reached out to his office on a follow up question, that gesture along with many others demonstrates his commitment to his patients. I also was a patient advocate for another patient and witnessed the same
in Flat Rock, mi |
As a younger patient for a total knee replacement you can imagine the hesitation I had in having this procedure. After speaking with Dr. Charters he was able to ease all my fears about the procedure. Dr. Charters spent a lot time with me going through the procedure, he made me feel like I was his only patient. The entire Henry Ford Medical Staff was terrific from the Medical assistants to the nurses and the Physical Therapists. I would recommend HFH and Dr. Charters to anyone.
in Detroit, MI |
Dr Charters and his staff are the BEST...They really care about you personally...I got a knee replacement 8 months ago..I'm doing great...No problems, pain, or scar and, I'm walking good agin!
Have you seen Dr. Michael A. Charters, MD?
Are you Dr. Charters?

Compare Dr. Charters

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Charters at Henry Ford Medical Group

Dr. Charters' Care Philosophy

As a Henry Ford Joint Replacement surgeon, I enjoy getting to know my patients and the activities they enjoy.  By learning about my patients and their treatment goals, I am able to develop a personalized treatment plan to help them return to the activities they love.  I like to have an open discussion with my patients and their family members about all available options to treat their hip or knee arthritis.  I like to discuss not only surgery but also treatment options without surgery.

Dr. Charters says...

Dr. Charters has subspecialty training in hip and knee replacement surgery.  Dr. Charters' interests include rapid recovery after joint replacement and advanced pain management techniques (multimodal pain management).

Dr. Charters' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Artificial Hip Joint Damage
  • Bone Pain
  • Broken Arm
  • Bunion
  • Complex Fractures
  • Compound Fracture
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hammer Toe
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Musculoskeletal Injuries
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger

UNIV OF MI MED SCH

Graduated in 2009

Dr. Charters does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Charters and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics