Dr. Michael Charters, MD

Dr. Michael Charters, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |

Dr. Michael Charters, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Detroit, MI. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Charters is affiliated with Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital.

Henry Ford Medical Group

2799 W Grand Blvd Ste K-17

Detroit, MI 48202

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Charters

As a Henry Ford Joint Replacement surgeon, I enjoy getting to know my patients and the activities they enjoy.  By learning about my patients and their treatment goals, I am able to develop a personalized treatment plan to help them return to the activities they love.  I like to have an open discussion with my patients and their family members about all available options to treat their hip or knee arthritis.  I like to discuss not only surgery but also treatment options without surgery.

Video

Dr. Charters' Experience

Dr. Charters' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Non-Surgical Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery
  • Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Charters does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Artificial Hip Joint Damage
  • Bone Pain
  • Broken Arm
  • Bunion
  • Complex Fractures
  • Compound Fracture
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hammer Toe
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Musculoskeletal Injuries

• Total Joint Replacement and Revision
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Charters has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Charters has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Charters does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Charters and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Charters' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Charters to family and friends
Dr. Charters' Performance
in Inkster, Mi. |
My husband and I would recommend anyone in need of any type of Orthopedic Surgery to Dr. Michael Charters, MD. Dr. Charters is simply the best. He cares for his patients as if they are family. He'll spend time with family answering any and all questions. His cordial disposition put my husband at ease as to being my recovery coach. After (3) weeks of recovery from a knee replacement, I am doing great. Thank you, Dr. Charters.
in Detroit, MI |
Dr. Charters was meticulous and thorough in each visit and the surgical process! He is kind and compassionate. He took the time to answer all my concerns and calm any fears I had about my hip replacement. Dr. Charters and his staff motivated me to be successful in my recovery - back to work in 6 weeks! I have recommended him to friends and family. He is the best!
in Southgate, MI |
I highly recommend Dr. Charters. Not only is he great at what he does, he is always professional, takes the time to answer any questions I may have, and is very personable.
in Detroit, MI |
I found Dr. Charters to be very concerned and caring about the surgery I was having. He allowed for all of my concerns and never once pressured me. He is quite friendly. The night before surgery he called and checked to make sure I had no more questions and that I was comfortable about what I was doing. He even came by when I was being prepped for surgery. It's nice to know that your surgeon genuinely cares about you and not cut happy.. He ensured my daughter and I that eveything went well
in Clinton Township MI. |
Very professional as well as personable.I really like him.
in Detroit, MI |
DR. CHARTERS in my opinion is at the top of his profession at such young age and length of time on the job. I certain he will became even better with time. With his beautiful demeanor, small and personality he won't miss any target at gold he set for himself. A TRUE BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED BROTHER. Your always in my thoughts!
in Detroit, MI |
Dr Charter is a very caring and attentive Dr. He was always their for answers when I had questions. I thank him for calling me the night before to see how I was and that really made me feel good.
in Detroit mi |
He is the best thank God for him
Dearborn, MI |
Dr Charters did a great job of walking me through everything about my hip replacement surgery and what recovery would be like, my hip feels better than it has in years !
in Detroit, MI |
OMG, what a wonderful,caring,compassionate,talented doctor.He worked a miracle with my surgery. I couldn't be happier with the outcome .Everyone I've spoken to about my surgery,I tell them that if they need or know someone who needs knee surgery he is the person to go to. Henry Ford should be so proud to have him on their staff. and should do everything possible to keep him. I've never experience a doctor like him. he called me the night before surgery to ask if I had questions. GREAT DOCTOR
in Plymouth, MI |
Awesome Dr!!!! Very compassionate and knowledgeable. Brought me through a very difficult hip fracture and femur breakage. Cannot recommend this Dr enough
in Detroit, MI48234 |
Dr. Charters was very informative about the process explaining what was to be done. He also explained his medical background to me which I had already researched. It was good that he took time to do these things otherwise I would not have been as comfortable with him as I was. I am very pleased with the outcome of the surgery. Dr. Charters was very easy to believe in.
in Eastpointe |
I highly recommend Dr. Charters for anyone who is having any orthopedic issues! I suffered over 5 years with my hip pain due to severe arthritis, He replaced my hip joint June 27, 2017 & I have been pain free ever since!! Dr. Charters has a great bed side manner and is very through with any questions or concerns I had. He came into my hospital room about 2 hours after surgery made me get out bed & walk to a chair I thought he was out of his mind but I am so happy he did, I love Dr. Charters
in Dearborn heights |
I had my knee replacement on June 6th. Dr. Charters is a wonderful doctor, good bedside manners, takes the time to listen to his patients. The best thing I could have done. Pain free now. Thank you Dr. Charters
in Gladwin, MI |
Dr is very knowledgeable in the field with a vast educational background in the field.
in Amherstburg, ONi |
Dr. Charters is a kind, compassionate, skilled surgeon.. He takes times to explain and answers questions in terms that patients and families can understand. He makes the patient feel like she is the most important patient he has under his care. His surgical skills are outstanding.
in Belleville, MI |
He made my first experience with reconstructive surgery peaceful, pleasant and encouraging. My frears of this type of surgery are relieved ??
in Dearborn, MI |
Dr. Charters and his staff were the ultimate professionals; the surgeries (2) to replace my hips went 100% according to plan. Everything to expect was explained, nothing was left to chance.My hip replacements are great, I have no pain and the surgery did not change my life style at all. I have recommended Dr. Charters to other people with joint needs and will continue to recommend him to any who ask.
in Detroit, MI |
Dr. Charters did an outstanding job with my hip replacement. I had very little pain and recovered much more quickly than I expected. I would definitely recommend Dr. Charters to family and friends.
in Dearborn, Michigan |
Very pleasant and answered all my questions.. He put my mind at ease about the surgery.. Great doctor, I would return to him again in a heart beat for further replacements .
in Temperance, Mi |
Excellent care and service. Had hip replacement surgery and everything went really well. Would definitively recommend Dr Charters .
Macomb, MI |
Overall experience with Dr Charters during office visit, surgery, post op and office was great. He cares for his patients and recovery.
in Detroit, MI |
I would be very inclined to recommend Dr Charters as well as the entire staff that treated me.
in detroit, mi |
I had a pleasant experience with Doctor Charters. I truly appreciate his expertise in Orthopedic Surgery.
in birmingham, mi |
Dr. Charters is genuinely concerned about his patient's welfare. He performed a difficult surgery on me with an excellent outcome.
in detroit, mi |
i think dr. charters did a great job on knee i feel bettet and everthing i just wating to get the other knee dont i dont want nobody but him and his team to do it. I wii recommend any body to him because did agreat job for me. my family was very happy of the out come of the surgial came out he explaine it real good to my family about how everthing was and it came out . he came to the room and check on me to make sure everthing was ok meet my daugther and sid thank you eventhing look good. Than
Detroit, MI |
Dr. Charters is very kind, and will listen to you about your concerns. I was a little Leary when I first met him, only because I was used to my orthopedic doctor that I had for years. He did my knee replacement and my what a good job.
in New boston,michigan |
Very good experience . This is my second knee surgery,first one done at the same hospital. The recovery this time was phenomenal. I had to use very little pain meds, and was off a walker and onto a cane in 3 weeks, fully ambulatory in 5 weeks. I believe that this is largely due to the new protocol of intraoperative and perioperative pain medicaltion as well as the excellent pre op and post op management. Less bruising/ leg pain, less nausea. The staff was also caring and courteous.
in Clinton Township, MI |
Completely satisfied and thankful for the level of care and professionalism provided by Dr. Charters and his team.
in Lincoln Park, MI |
He is the most excellent Doctor I have had treat me he goes above and beyond what he is expected of him!! He is a boon to your hospital!!!!!
in utica, mi |
Surgery on my rt. knee went great, my knee never had any pain from surgery a little discomfort from swelling but no real pain. Having my Lt. knee done at the end of the year, I think Dr. Charters did a great job.
in flat rock, mi |
where do i start? when talking with dr charters i was impressed with his sense of professionalism and how personable a person he is.dr charters walked me thru my procedure step by step answered all my many questions and concerns.dr charters even called me at home the nite before surgery to address my nerves now how many drs.do that.i am now recuperating from my 2nd knee replacement and will highly recommend dr. charters to my friends and family
detroit, mi |
I was very satisfied with the work Dr. Charters did on my knee.
in Windsor, ON |
Having had a right total knee replacement five years ago and needing a left knee replacement, my new search for a surgeon lead me to Dr. Michael Charters at H F H. From my first appoint with Dr. Charters and his team, I knew I was in the hands of the very best of the best. Following the surgery, I found it hard to believe how there was NO pain in my case and how this affected an immediate return to home afterwards. I could say much more, all positive/excellent care, what a great team . thank yo
in Flat Rock,Mi |
Dr.Charters is one of the most caring doctors I have ever been to, he is so understanding and is always so willing to help in any way possible. When I first meet him I was a little worried because he is so young but I wouldn't go to anyone else for my procedures. After I had my knee surgery he call and checked on me several times and came to visit me. He talked with my husband and I and answered all our questions and made sure I understood everything about the surgery and recovery. Thank you
in detroit, mi |
Dr. Charters and his staff are amazong! He has done both of my knee replacements. Highly recommend him to others, he will be doing a family members knee replacement in the near future.
in Newport, MI |
I developed a blood clot after my knee replacement and Dr. Charters called me at home after hours several times to see how I was doing. I have never had a Dr. do that before. Not only is he an expert in his field, he has a wonderful personality. I would, and have, recommended him to everyone. I have not had any pain in my knee and my surgery was a year ago. Sometime later I am sure my other knee will need to be replaced and I will certainly be calling on him again!
in Grosse Ile, mi |
Dr. Charters is very knowledgeable and explains the procedure so that you understand everything that will be done in your surgery. He also has a great staff. I healed exactly in the time frame he said. He was very pleasant and a joy to deal with. I would, and have suggested Dr. Charters to people I know.
in Lincoln Park, MI |
I've been very happy with my care from Dr. Charters. He listens,and is very honest and upfront about any treatment you are considering. I had a hip replacement and my recovery was great-all you have to do is follow directions! I was very happy with the care and concern demonstrated during the entire process, and would highly recommend him.
in Detroit, MI |
Had hip replacement surgery in mid 2016 with Dr. Charters. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly and smoothly my recovery was. Dr. Charters was very attentive thru out the process. Would not hesitate to recommend him.
in Flat Rock, MI |
I was very nervous about what procedures would have to be done with my knee. I needed a total knee replacement of the left knee. The pain was so bad for about three years and now I'm pain free. This surgery turned my life around and I can do pretty much of anything I want ( for a 76 year old). Dr. Charters is a wonderful, kind and very good surgeon. I was so lucky to have him for my doctor!
in lake orion, mi |
Previous to hip surgery, I had a femur break, which did not heal properly and rod in femur broke. Was referred to Dr. Charters and Dr. Hoegler (femur doctor) at Henry Ford. They determined that a hip replacement would be a better fix than attempting another rod. Dr. Hoegler took out old rod. A week later, Dr. Charters did replacement. Wonderful! Walking without limp. No pain. Best I have been in six years. Would absolutely recommend Dr. Charters! No hesitation at all.
in detroit, mi |
Doctors charter was very thorough in meeting my medical needs and concerns. Dr. Charters was very personable. He made me feel at ease during the whole process. I appreciated his skills and kindness.
in Troy, MI |
Dr. Charters has wonderful social skills along with his exceptional surgical talent. He treats you with respect, answers all your questions and continually asks if you have any additional questions. As to his social skills, he took the time to call on a holiday because he was out of town when I reached out to his office on a follow up question, that gesture along with many others demonstrates his commitment to his patients. I also was a patient advocate for another patient and witnessed the same
in Flat Rock, mi |
As a younger patient for a total knee replacement you can imagine the hesitation I had in having this procedure. After speaking with Dr. Charters he was able to ease all my fears about the procedure. Dr. Charters spent a lot time with me going through the procedure, he made me feel like I was his only patient. The entire Henry Ford Medical Staff was terrific from the Medical assistants to the nurses and the Physical Therapists. I would recommend HFH and Dr. Charters to anyone.
in Detroit, MI |
Dr Charters and his staff are the BEST...They really care about you personally...I got a knee replacement 8 months ago..I'm doing great...No problems, pain, or scar and, I'm walking good agin!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Charters, MD?
Are you Dr. Charters?

Detroit, MI 48202
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
6777 W Maple Rd
West Bloomfield, MI 48322

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Charters at Henry Ford Medical Group