Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 60

Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Loxahatchee, FL. He is affiliated with Palms West Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chaparro to book an appointment.

South Florida Neurosurgical & Spine Wellness Center

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chaparro

4.4

Dr. Chaparro?
What People Say About Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD
Dr Chaparro has performed multiple surgeries in my family, all with great success, so I had full confidence and peace of mind going into my neck surgery. I had debilitating neck and upper back pain with terrible radiating nerve pain and numbness down my arm. I am happy to report I experienced a perfect result. I've heard so many stories of neck surgeries by others resulting in a worse condition, or not solving the problem...not with Dr. Chaparro! All my neck and nerve pain is gone and I feel better than ever! I am so glad I was fortunate enough to know the right neurosurgeon. You can fully trust what he tells you. I very strongly recommend Dr. Chaparro.
Jeff Meldrim – May 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
I was very satisfied with the way Dr. Chaparro took the time to explain every aspect of my condition so I could make an informed decision. He took the time to explain in detail the procedure and what to expect in recovery. I also like the fact that he is well versed on all the latest technologies. His staff was very supportive and always made me feel comfortable.
Sandra Jones in Wellington , FL – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
I was just release for the hospital after Chiari Surgery. The doctor was great, he check on me and my progress and took time to explain what was going on. I’m a very pleased patient and strongly believe in his assessment and his bedside matters. He spoke Spanish so my mom could understand him. While I’m in pain and still recovery I only have great things to say about my experience
Marianne Sánchez in Royal Palm Beach, FL – Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro gave me the confidence to have my fourth surgery. I have had three unsuccessful surgeries in the past by different doctors. As I am still in recovery I am grateful for Dr. Chaparro's steady hand that gave me pain relief after eight years of crucial pain. He is caring and thorough. I would recommend him over anyone else. Thank you Dr. Chaparro!
Roxana Ramirez in West Palm Beach, FL – Jan 18, 2019
Incredible Dr - a Genius
Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro has given me back my husband again! We consider life “before finding Dr. Chaparro” and “ after finding Dr. Chaparro” If you are hurting and are contemplating this doctor, do not hesitate. His bedside manner may be a bit straight forward and may catch you off guard, but his thorough exam and diagnostic review will be none like you will ever have at any other neurosurgeon. He and his staff are like the old days, you are not a number, they answer their phones and address you by name
Loxahatchee , FL – Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
This doctor is not Good. He is not insured and has no compassion for his patients . He left me permanately disabled as a result of botched surgery ... I do not recommend him.
Jul 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
He’s very professional & I love his jolly character?? I had surgery with him last 2011 and went really well. Even my husband’s colleague had surgery with Dr Chaparro a month after my surgery and hers went well too!!!
Joy T. in Wellington, FL – Jun 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr Chaparro is very good at explaining what needs to be done but not good in operating room. Fusion of L1 thru S1 complete failure. Entire operation done over by another Dr , I'm now fused from T12 to S1 and moving around with slight pain. Fantastic improvement. About to start golf again. DO NOT USE DrChaparro!!
Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro was the 3rd doctor I consulted & was so glad I found him thru Health Grades. Took the time to review my MRI with me & my wife, thoroughly took the time to explain the procedure and expected outcome. Have been pain free since my L-3 - S-1 Bilateral Lamenectomy/Facetectomy 7 mos. ago, healed as expected & getting around great. He is a first class EXCELLENT surgeon & his staff were first rate in scheduling the preop work. Would recommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery.
Darl Lillie in Lake Worth, FL – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr Chaparro was the fifth doctor that I had visited for my severe back, the first four we're unable to correctly diagnose my problem.(over 7 months!) Prior to engaging Dr. Chaparro my severe pain was being treated via eight Percocets a day plus a 75 fentanyl patch. Now four months post back surgery I no longer require prescription pain medication and I am learning to walk again! Within 3 weeks Dr. C diagnosed the problem and completed the extensive back surgery .A 1st class surgeon & man.
Larry Helmich in North Palm Beach, FL – Jun 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. chaparro has a great bedside manner. He spends time with his patients and makes sure they understand all test results and treatment options. I would recommend him to anyone requiring surgery as they're only option.
West Palm Beach, FL – Apr 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro takes as much time need it to explain the procedure and details of the surgery. He gives you confidence and understanding, he is honest and very concerned of his patients. I am extremely happy with his care. I pray to God to help me to provide help to my daughter; she needs back surgery and I want Dr. Chaparro to assist her.
Teresa M Camejo in West Palm Beach, FL – Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Just had a surgery done by Dr. Chaparro and he has been EXCELLENT! I wish I'd have found him YEARS ago. He knew my condition and what needed to be done, CORRECTLY and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Also found out he does the spinal surgery that I think I may need (to be determined after he evaluates),,,,,, he's become my 1 stop shop for surgery! His staff is great also! SO GLAD WE FOUND HIM !!!!! All scores below are TRUE and not just a click! He is AWESOME!
Michael R. Gross in West Palm Beach – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro, has been y doctor since 2009. He has given me my life back. Dr. Chaparro is extremely knowledgeable, direct, sincere, trustworthy and caring. Did I mention a great Doctor?! Can't thank him enough. Recommend him with all my heart. We need more doctors with his demeanor. Thank you Dr. Chaparro!!!! God bless.
Olga Padilla in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Great doctor. I met Dr Chaparro, after consulting two other neurosurgeons and after speaking with him, I was sure that I was in very good hands, I was not mistaken. I had two surgeries with him ( cervical and lower back) I went back to work a week later.
Jacqueline in Lake Worth, FL – Jan 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro is a fantastic doctor, who will spend the time to fully explain the procedure in a way that you can understand. He will fully disclose the risk/reward and in my case was 100% accurate in the outcome of my cervical surgery. Staff is super friendly and I would recommend to anyone that requires any work done on your spine.
John S in West Palm Beach, FL – Dec 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
I was experiencing significant pain in my neck and even had my left arm going numb on me as well. Dr. Chaparro examined me thoroughly, and performed a four-level neck fusion (acdf) which was a hundred percent successful. The morning after surgery I had absolutely no pain, it has been three years since surgery and I have been pain-free since. I was very very pleased with the job he did. And I would highly recommend him to anyone needing Neurosurgery.
Douglas Yarnold in Loxahatchee , FL – Dec 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
To start i must say the staff was very helpful, returned my messages and makes you feel real comfortable. As far as Dr. goes... I thought he was excellent * Great presentation * Very well-versed * Gets right to the point * And most of all its been only 7 weeks and i feel great... from having (ACDF) on disc 3,4 & 5
Marcello in Boynton Beach, FL – Dec 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chapparo diagnosed me with Tethered Cord Syndrome, as well as, a ruptured disk at my C5-C6. I've had 2 separate surgeries for these in the past 2 months and I cannot believe that I could ever live a life without pain. He gave me a life I didn't know was possible. Dr. Chapparo & his staff care beyond their paycheck and have made the process of diagnoses through recovery such an easy process for me not only physically but mentally as well. My only regret is I didn't meet him sooner.
Jennifer in West Palm Beach, FL – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chaparro?

Dr. Chaparro accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Chaparro has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(561) 333-0415Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Chaparro's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Broken Neck
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Chaparro specializes in evidence based medicine for Brain and Spine abnormalities.  He specializes in pediatric and complex spine neurosurgery, failed back syndrome, neuroendoscopy and computer assisted navigational based surgery of both the Brain and Spine.

• Neurosurgery