Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD

Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 61

Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Loxahatchee, FL. Dr. Chaparro has more experience with Pediatric Neurosurgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Palms West Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chaparro to book an appointment.

Office Hours

Wed

Thu

Fri

4:30 pm
Connect with a call center representative 24/7 to request an appointment.

South Florida Neurosurgical & Spine Wellness Center

Michael J. Chaparro, M.D.12983 Southern Blvd Ste 202 Loxahatchee, FL 33470
    • Sat: closed

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Chaparro is affiliated with Palms West Hospital Loxahatchee, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Chaparro's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chaparro

4.4

Dr. Chaparro?
  • Appointment scheduling (69)
  • Explained conditions well (66)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (65)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (10)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (9)
  • Long wait times (9)
From the moment I met him I knew Dr. Chaparro was the right neurosurgeon for me. He spent 1.5 hours with me at my first appointment - going over every film and scan in detail so I would know exactly where and what my issues were. I'm now 6 weeks completed from my combined Cervical Anterior/Posterior Surgery and I'm not only pleased with my results but so grateful to Dr. Chaparro for his caring and down-to-earth manner. It meant the world!
Laurie H. – May 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
From start to finish, my experience with Dr. Chaparro could not have gone smoother. His office staff got my appointment scheduled earlier than expected. Dr. Chaparro reviewed my MRI disc and showed me what needed to be done (2 level ACDF) then Michelle in the front office scheduled my surgery date and explained what I needed to do prior to surgery (covid test, preop, clearance from primary doctor, etc). Everything happened in order and without a hiccup! I had no issues with pain, swallowing or hoarseness post-op. The neck brace was frustrating (of course) but worth it! Now, 4 months later I am pain free, full range of motion and the scar on my neck is only slightly visible. Thank you Dr. Chaparro... and thank you Michelle for treating me so well!
C. Reyes – May 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Excellent doctor and surgeon. I highly recommend him. He was awesome.
HAROLD L EISENMAN – Apr 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
I’ve been in constant pain for 14 years. I’d rather die than put my life into his hands. Failed from get go + he knew it. After 1 week he wanted nothing more to do with me. 43 days in hospital. Screamed at me when I asked about malpractice ins. Got staff infection of blood. Last year incision reopened. Have strep infection cant get rid of. Screws are loose. Surgery is again suggested but I’d rather die than go through that pain again. Insensitive, uncaring and overcharged me $23k cash. 8 months to get it returned. Had to get bcbs involved. RUN as fast as you can AWAY from him. This statement is 100% accurate with paperwork to back everything up. Good luck.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Suzy – Feb 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Our experience with Dr Chaparro and his staff Michelle and Jani made us feel warm, welcomed and more than just a patient. The ladies are so friendly, kind and happy to help. Dr Chaparro spent over an hour with us explaining what has been going on with my 3yo and things finally started to made sense. He even brought out a book with pictures to educate us. Which i really appreciated. The surgery went exactly as he said it would and at 4 weeks post-op we are already seeing improvements. He is a very kind, passionate, confident doctor who knows his sh** I wish we would have found him sooner.
aimee brent – Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
I am finally pain free !! ...Dr. Chaparro is a highly skilled professional surgeon... I have had 3 small "quick orthopedic fixes" in the past, which eventually led to years of pain management. I had got a few different opinions before being referred to Dr. Chaparro from a friend who's daughter had a successful procedure, I am so thankful I followed through. He sat my wife and I down and went over all the options, explained all the good as well as all the recovery, no "sugar coating", made sure we both knew exactly what the plan was. I can honestly say things went easier than I expected. The ladies in the office were wonderful, right mix of professional and friendly. They helped me arrange appointments as well as help with my many questions. I am extremely happy with Dr.Chaparro, his office staff, his surgical team, the hospital staff and the physical therapy teams (in hospital for getting me moving as well as out patient to get me where I am)
Nick – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
He is an excellent surgeon! With amazing results!
Joanne – Oct 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Chaparro, Michael J, MD has been treating my son for over 12 years to include a very difficult brain surgery back in 2008. I drive 190 miles one way every 2 years to see doctor Chaparro so that my son can be seen. I am very pleased with doctor Chaparro, he is the very best neurosurgeon in the state for children and I will continue to travel from Orlando so that Chaparro can see my son.
Jay Lacson – Jul 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr Chaparro has performed multiple surgeries in my family, all with great success, so I had full confidence and peace of mind going into my neck surgery. I had debilitating neck and upper back pain with terrible radiating nerve pain and numbness down my arm. I am happy to report I experienced a perfect result. I've heard so many stories of neck surgeries by others resulting in a worse condition, or not solving the problem...not with Dr. Chaparro! All my neck and nerve pain is gone and I feel better than ever! I am so glad I was fortunate enough to know the right neurosurgeon. You can fully trust what he tells you. I very strongly recommend Dr. Chaparro.
Jeff Meldrim – May 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
I was very satisfied with the way Dr. Chaparro took the time to explain every aspect of my condition so I could make an informed decision. He took the time to explain in detail the procedure and what to expect in recovery. I also like the fact that he is well versed on all the latest technologies. His staff was very supportive and always made me feel comfortable.
Sandra Jones in Wellington , FL – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
I was just release for the hospital after Chiari Surgery. The doctor was great, he check on me and my progress and took time to explain what was going on. I’m a very pleased patient and strongly believe in his assessment and his bedside matters. He spoke Spanish so my mom could understand him. While I’m in pain and still recovery I only have great things to say about my experience
Marianne Sánchez in Royal Palm Beach, FL – Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro gave me the confidence to have my fourth surgery. I have had three unsuccessful surgeries in the past by different doctors. As I am still in recovery I am grateful for Dr. Chaparro's steady hand that gave me pain relief after eight years of crucial pain. He is caring and thorough. I would recommend him over anyone else. Thank you Dr. Chaparro!
Roxana Ramirez in West Palm Beach, FL – Jan 18, 2019
Incredible Dr - a Genius
Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro has given me back my husband again! We consider life “before finding Dr. Chaparro” and “ after finding Dr. Chaparro” If you are hurting and are contemplating this doctor, do not hesitate. His bedside manner may be a bit straight forward and may catch you off guard, but his thorough exam and diagnostic review will be none like you will ever have at any other neurosurgeon. He and his staff are like the old days, you are not a number, they answer their phones and address you by name
Loxahatchee , FL – Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
This doctor is not Good. He is not insured and has no compassion for his patients . He left me permanately disabled as a result of botched surgery ... I do not recommend him.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
He’s very professional & I love his jolly character?? I had surgery with him last 2011 and went really well. Even my husband’s colleague had surgery with Dr Chaparro a month after my surgery and hers went well too!!!
Joy T. in Wellington, FL – Jun 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr Chaparro is very good at explaining what needs to be done but not good in operating room. Fusion of L1 thru S1 complete failure. Entire operation done over by another Dr , I'm now fused from T12 to S1 and moving around with slight pain. Fantastic improvement. About to start golf again. DO NOT USE DrChaparro!!
Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. Chaparro was the 3rd doctor I consulted & was so glad I found him thru Health Grades. Took the time to review my MRI with me & my wife, thoroughly took the time to explain the procedure and expected outcome. Have been pain free since my L-3 - S-1 Bilateral Lamenectomy/Facetectomy 7 mos. ago, healed as expected & getting around great. He is a first class EXCELLENT surgeon & his staff were first rate in scheduling the preop work. Would recommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery.
Darl Lillie in Lake Worth, FL – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr Chaparro was the fifth doctor that I had visited for my severe back, the first four we're unable to correctly diagnose my problem.(over 7 months!) Prior to engaging Dr. Chaparro my severe pain was being treated via eight Percocets a day plus a 75 fentanyl patch. Now four months post back surgery I no longer require prescription pain medication and I am learning to walk again! Within 3 weeks Dr. C diagnosed the problem and completed the extensive back surgery .A 1st class surgeon & man.
Larry Helmich in North Palm Beach, FL – Jun 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?
Dr. chaparro has a great bedside manner. He spends time with his patients and makes sure they understand all test results and treatment options. I would recommend him to anyone requiring surgery as they're only option.
West Palm Beach, FL – Apr 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Chaparro, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chaparro?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Chaparro

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Chaparro treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Chaparro treats other conditions, please contact the office at (561) 333-0415.

Pediatric Neurosurgery

Pediatric neurosurgeons perform surgical procedures to treat diseases and conditions of the brain and spinal cord in children and teenagers under age 18.Compare with other Pediatric Neurosurgery specialists.

Dr. Chaparro is experienced in the area of Pediatric Neurosurgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Lumbar Laminectomy
  • Lumbar Microdiscectomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Pain Procedure
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Chaparro accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Chaparro has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(561) 559-8489Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Chaparro specializes in evidence based medicine for Brain and Spine abnormalities.  He specializes in pediatric and complex spine neurosurgery,...Read more

ORGANIZATIONS/AFFILIATIONS: FELLOW OF THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF NEUROLOGICAL SURGEONS FELLOW OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS FL TOP DOCS JOINT SECTION...Read more

• Neurosurgery