Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Michael Cantrell, MD
Dr. Cantrell is a member of The Orthopaedic Center Sports Medicine Team. Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and AO Fellowship trained, Dr. Cantrell has earned the Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. He specializes in arthroscopic and open reconstruction of the shoulder and knee. This includes shoulder and knee arthroscopy, tendon repair, and ligament reconstruction. Dr. Cantrell applies the least invasive, most effective techniques in surgical treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries and other orthopaedic conditions. Also Board Certified in Ringside Medicine, Dr. Cantrell is a USA Boxing and United States Olympic Committee Physician, providing sports medicine coverage for events such as the U.S. Olympic Team Trials and Professional World Championship Boxing. Website: http://www.visittoc.com/provider-directory/people/show/michael-cantrell

927 Franklin St SE Fl 4

Dr. Michael Cantrell, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Cantrell

A Goal Oriented Approach: "Each patient's recovery goals are distinct - to restore function, return to the team, get back to work, or to resume a favorite activity abandoned long ago. My aim is to fully understand my patients' orthopaedic problem and recovery goals, then partner with them to help achieve these goals."

Part of the Team: "I see the patient and me as a team, working toward a common goal. From diagnosis, to treatment, to rehabilitation, I am committed to doing everything within my power to help our team reach its goals."

Dr. Cantrell's Experience

Dr. Cantrell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Elbow Sprain
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Tendon Disorders
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tenosynovitis

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• The University Of Alabama
  • University Of Mississippi Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Mississippi Baptist Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Cantrell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cantrell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cantrell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cantrell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cantrell to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Cantrell's Performance
Hazel Green, AL |
He out right lied to me about my worker's comp shoulder injury!Then I kept having to request his doctor's notes to send to a more trustworthy doctor,they keep saying that I need to fill out a release form that I have already filled out and handed to them,THEY ARE CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!
in Madison AL |
Multiple surgeries and increasing pain level each time. Waited an hour or more each visit. If insurance hadn't already paid for this follow up would walk out and never return
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Cantrell did my knee surgery and he and his team are by far the best I've met. The whole process was top notch and I felt like I was in the best hands at all time. The surgery went very well and my recovery so far has been fast and a lot less painful than expected. I would recommend Dr. Cantrell and his team to everyone that ask without question. Thank you for all you've done to get me back to where I was before my injury!!
Nauvoo, AL |
I had a significant shoulder injury, and Dr. Cantrell was able to perform my surgery the day after I met with him. I have recovered quickly, and I can't imagine where I'd be if I didn't have this surgery done. Dr. Cantrell is a soft spoken and very competent doctor that takes the time to answer questions if you have them.
in Huntsville, Al. |
Dr. Cantrell is a true Professional, who cares for his patients. He takes his time and talks to you, not at you. He's very sincere in his willingness to help you recover.
in Madison, AL |
I had two surgeries performed by Dr. Cantrell - rotator cuff repair, right shoulder 4 years ago and just recently a complete left shoulder joint replacement. I couldn't have asked for better care. He always took his time during my office visits prior to and after both surgeries, to answer any questions I had - I never felt rushed. I would recommend him highly.
Huntsville AL |
Dr. Cantrell and his staff are very friendly, efficient, and professional. Dr. Cantrell replaced my left knee as a last resort after trying everything else. Back playing tennis after 12 weeks. Excellent Doctor.
The office staff was very friendly. Dr. Cantrell was friendly and professional. He spoke in plain language and took time to answer all of my sons questions concerning his injury.
in Madison, AL |
Dr Cantrell is awesome. He has a quiet non threatening demeanor. He listens to patients, provides options and let's the patient chart their course without pressure for any course of action. Tends to be conservative. Excellent surgeon if the patient chooses the surgery route.
Madison, AL |
Dr Cantrell and his staff has been our family ortho for the past six years. He has helped my husband and I through pain relief with our shoulders, knees , and neck with great results. Some of which required surgery and others that only required therapy. The staff is always kind and courteous and the TOC therapist and facility are the best.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Cantrell performed surgery on my right knee about 3 years ago. He was great in explaining what he was going to have to do to it. During my follow up visits he even asked for my permission before he would touch my leg. I would and have recommended Dr. Cantrell to others.
Lithonia, GA |
Straight and to the point, just the way I like. I'll definitely use him again for my ortho needs. Staff was great too, friendly and knowledgeable. Plan for the wait time for a new patient appt. That's just the way it is. Worth the wait though!
in AL |
Dr. Cantrell is very personable. Takes extra time with each patient when needed. I've referred family members to him, and will continue to do so. He is the best doctor!
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Cantrell made it possible for me to walk with out anymore pain. He did my double knee replacement December 2013. Because of that I can Hike with my kids go bike riding even jog. Which however my kids giggle the whole time and tell me to stop. The best part is getting on the floor to play with my grandkids and being able to get up without there help. I thank God for him every single day!!!
in Huntsville, AL |
One of the nicest people you will ever meet. He was humble (which is hard to find with most doctors), caring, and did an incredible job with surgery. By far the greatest experience I've ever had with a surgeon.
in Huntsville, AL |
Doctor Cantrell is amazing! He really listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. The whole family sees him! Cantrell and his staff have helped us get through several rough injuries. He guided us and helped us make the right decisions to get my son back on track in baseball without further injury. I highly recommend Dr. Cantrell and his wonderful team!
in Huntsville, AL |
~Had to use him for work injury (Walmart knee injury, 2 torn meniscus ) after shorter recovery time than needed for warehouse duties; He released me full-duty, told me i should get another job. ...I limped at my regular warehouse work & had to miss time to rest knee from time to time & was later fired for missing time from work. recommend not getting hurt at work, don't work hard & in bad conditions; it (they) will screw-U .!
in Madison, al |
Daughter had surgery 6 months ago and has not recovered. He released her to run at 6 weeks but is unable to run still at 6 months. I am praying nothing was done during surgery that will permanently effect her. So far no one (3 other specialist) have an idea what is wrong with her legs post surgery. Only because our concerns were not addressed and she is bad off now, I cannot give him a good rating.
in Madison, AL |
Was soft spoken but rude. Perhaps he was having a bad day. Did not answer my questions.
in Stevenson, AL |
Dr. Cantrell is one of the best doctors we have ever seen. He has treated my son for sports injuries throughout his high school sports career. Dr. Cantrell has always been very polite and has always done what was necessary to treat my son. I would recommend Dr. Cantrell to anyone needing to see him and especially for sports related injuries.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Cantrell, MD?
Are you Dr. Cantrell?

Visit Dr. Cantrell

Dr. Cantrell accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed