Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Burdi, MD
Dr. Burdi specializes in surgical and non-surgical treatment of conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine and general orthopedic surgery. . Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Board Certified) Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Member, North American Spine Society Member, California Orthopedic Association Member, American Medical Association Member, California Medical Association Dr. Burdi is a graduate of Stanford University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of California San Diego and went on to complete a Spine Surgery Fellowship with Dr. Courtney Brown at Panorama Orthopedics in Golden, Colorado. He is trained in both operative and non-operative management of spinal disorders and, in addition, has training in minimally invasive techniques and disc replacement surgery. Dr. Burdi believes in a multidisciplinary approach to spinal disorders in order to provide his patients with the maximum benefit from their treatment. Read the "Sciatica" Article written by Dr. Burdi appearing in the June, 2009 issue of Physician LinkNews Dr. Burdi has a web site to educate and help you with questions you may have on the COMG (Community Orthopedic Medical Group) website.

26401 Crown Valley Pkwy

• Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • National Elevator

Learn about Dr. Burdi

I enjoy educating my patients on their condition. I strive to exhaust all reasonable nonsurgical modalities before recommending surgical treatment. With the help of my 9 physician colleagues, we provide full service orthopedic and spine care.

Dr. Burdi's Experience

Dr. Burdi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
  • University Ca San Diego Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Panorama Orthopaedic & Spine Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Burdi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burdi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burdi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burdi to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Burdi's Performance
in San Juan Capistrano, Ca. |
I have had extreme neck pain for several years and had tried everything except surgery. I was afraid to have surgery on my spine because of all the stories I have heard. My pain got so bad that I had surgery in June. I went from being in pain 7 days a week to almost no pain soon after surgery. I wish I had surgery sooner. Dr. Burdi and his staff were very helpful both before and after surgery.
in Fountain Valley, CA |
I have waited to write this review until the first 6 weeks recovery was reached. I had surgery on May 22 2017 and today is July 5th and I have been pretty much pain free! After suffering for 10 plus years and in chronic pain since September 2016 when we returned from out River Cruise. I tried everything that had worked in the past from my Chiropractic treatment to spine injections, steroids that caused 30 pounds weight gain and a nerve oblation procedure. Dr. Burdi & XLIF Surgery fixed my back!
in Rancho Santa Margarita |
I had awful sciatic pain for 4 months and had a discectomy performed by Dr. Burdi and feel great! Dr. Burdi answered ALL of my questions and explained everything thoroughly. He never pressured me to do the surgery,he never discounted my fears,he only gave me the information I needed to make an educated decision on my own.Im 4 months out now and have weakness in my leg that therapy is working on to fix, but besides that I am dancing in the streets! Thank you Dr.Burdi for getting me my life back!
Aliso Viejo, CA |
Dr. Burdi was extremely rude to me. During the exam, I started searching my phone for an old photo of my spine a chiropractor took back in 2012 when Dr. Burdi was asking questions about my scoliosis. He suddenly got EXTREMELY disgruntled at yelled "STOP TEXTING!" Shocked, I quickly put my phone down, then came to my senses and told him I wasn't texting, I was searching for a full spine pic because his tech didn't take one! My mom was w/me for support. Should have reported him for verbal abuse!
in Laguna Beach, CA |
If you are looking for an Orthopedic Specialist/Surgeon I would highly recommend Dr. Michael Burdi of the Community Orthopedic Medical Group of Mission Viejo. I had developed severe sciatic leg pain originating in my back. We tried several things, including physical therapy, over a couple of months with limited results, before surgery, it was an out patient procedure. I went home the same day, the leg pain was totally gone. I only needed some Tylenol for a couple of days after.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
I got thrown over my horse's head and damaged an already compromised back from a steel shelf falling on my head years earlier. Doctor is excellent as is his Assistant, Tyler, and office lady Pat. Doctor did not go straight to surgery but used Physical Therapy and then shots before operating. The horse fall caused a disc over a bulge to herniate and trap nerves. A blood vessel engorged itself further trapping nerves. The team knew exactly what to do on this rare thing and operation went well.
in Ladera Ranch, CA |
I had pain for months going down my right leg - eventually making it almost impossible to sit for more than a few minutes. Physical therapy and accupuncture gave no relief. I was then referred to Dr. Burdi for further evaluation. He was helpful, informative, and gave me options. I chose to have the surgery - microdiscectomy. Dr. Burdi's staff was very helpful & answered all of my questions whenever I called. The surgery was the best thing I could have done. I was scared but he was reassuring.
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
I had been under pain management for over 1 year with no improvement. I had tingling and numbness down my left leg and like an IT band pull in the right leg. Dr. Burdi operated at L5/S1 and I felt immediate improvement. Right leg 100% improvement and 95% and improving on the left side. It was life changing, I'm so glad that I went through with this surgery.
in San Clemente, CA |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Burdi to anyone considering cervical surgery. After having extreme pain in my left arm for months and after 2 epidurals along with physical therapy, I decided to finally have cervial dysectomy with fusion as the pain was still present every day. The pain in my arm was gone immediately after surgery. The tingling in my arm is almost completely gone 7 weeks pot-op. The incision site is barely visible. Dr. Burdi is a VERY talented surgeon, do not hesitate...
San Clemente, CA |
After enduring approx. 9 months of pain, 6 months of physical therapy, an epidural spinal injection, I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Burdi. He reviewed my x-ray and MRI and immediately recommended cervical spine discectomy with instrumented fusion. He is an excellent orthopedic spine surgeon. After surgery, the pain was gone. Amazing! I am now approaching my 3 months into recovery with absolutely no pain!! Excellent spine surgeon! I am so thankful I followed his recommendation.
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
When my back pain started interfering too much with my lifestyle, I saw three different doctors looking for help. Each told me that I needed surgery which I had been trying very hard to avoid because I had heard about so many problems with spinal fusions. I finally agreed to have Dr. Burdi perform the fusion. Now I wish that I had not waited so long. The surgery was quick and easy, the pain relief was immediate, and I have been feeling great with no problems for three months since it happened.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Dr. Burdi operated on my back on July 8, 2016 (new disc between L4 and L5, cage around both L4/5). Before the operation he shared potential risks, alternative procedures (there really weren't any), and rewards. The operation was flawless! I was up on my feet the next day and out of the hospital the day after that. I would be lying if I said it was no big deal, because it was a big deal. Only, I didn't suffer, had virtually no pain, and could measure the improvement on a daily basis.
in Fallbrook, CA |
I endured almost a year of back/leg pain. Tried every approach to treatment other than surgery. Dr. Burdi, recommended a microdecompression. I placed my trust in his opinion and ultimately his hands. I had my surgical procedure on August 8th, 2016 and my nerve pain is gone and I am on the road to recovery. I did not seek a second opinion to Dr. Burdi's prescribe course of action. I trusted him and his guidance and precision has not let me down. Thank you Dr. Burdi.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
I would never recommend Dr. Burdi to anyone. He has little time or concern for patients wellbeing. Having had a injury to my spine and explaining the suicidal pain it was causing me. He prolonged the misery by forgetting to schedule any procedure and his staff told me that they were sorry but I was forgotten about.
in Laguna Hills, CA |
I went to Dr. Burdi with severe lower back pain. Dx. Spondylithesis. He explained thoroughly the procedure (spinal fusion). I was pretty anxious but he lowered my anxiety buy thoroughly answering my questions. He performed the procedure. Back pain resolved.
in Coto de Caza, CA |
Totally outstanding; very professional, caring, and an expert in his field.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Burdi operated on my lower back after a car accident. I was extremely nervous to get any surgery especially Back surgery. He walked me thru the process and his team made sure I took the right steps. Thankful I was able to have him work on me. I respect his knowledge, skill and determination to help people. I did not feel like a number but a human. This is huge in todays Medical world.
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
Dr. Burdi is the best. He's a great doctor, always professional and very kind. I would recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Burdi, MD?
Are you Dr. Burdi?