Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Bronson, MD
I specialize in problems of the hip and knee with special expertise in total hip and knee replacement

Michael J Bronson MD

5 E 98th St # 7

New York, NY 10029

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Bronson

My practice focuses on hip and knee replacement with cutting edge techniques such as partial knee replacement and anterior total hip replacement

Dr. Bronson's Experience

Dr. Bronson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Bone Cancer
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Hip Resurfacing
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1981

• Top Doctors in America, 2012
  • Best Doctors - Castle Connolly, 2006, 2011
  • New York Super Doctors, 2012

Dr. Bronson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bronson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bronson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bronson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bronson to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Bronson's Performance
in Bronx, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Bronson, due to the fact, when I first met him last year, he was straight to the point and suggested total knee replacement on both knees, due to osteoarthritis-bone to bone. I was only able to walk 4-5 blocks in pain and instability. He reassured me that he was going to help me feel better. I had both surgeries done separately in October 2016 and in April 2017. Let me say, its a feeling of being reborn and able to start walking again without pain. Thanks Dr. Bronson.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Bronson performed a total hip replacement last year. I walk now perfectly. He explains everything to you in layman' language so you get a very good understanding of the procedure. I am finally walking perfectly again. He shows such great interest and is definitely a very good doctor.
in Stamford, CT |
You don't want to use this doctor. Typical "cut and run" surgeon. Wife and I bath had hip replacements done by him, or his "asisstants"- not sure) We have now had 3 (right- three) follow up appointments, which we made thru his office, cancelled within 1-2 days of appointments. These were made sometimes 3-4 weeks in advance. Seems like he doesn't want to know or care about his work or patients once his operating room work is done.
in New Yorkmm NY |
Dr. Bronson replaced both knees and did a wonderful job. I was unable to even walk to his office and thanks to him I'm walking again. I highly recommend this wonderful surgeon.
New York, NY |
Dr. Bronson did my hip replacement and my wife's total knee replacement and we both couldn't be happier. We were both home the next day and quickly back on our feet. His entire staff was professional and kind and made what could been a stressful experience very manageable.
Arverne, NY |
I saw him for my arthritic knee....had been having problems for a while so I went to see dr Bronson. He's extremely professional and staff was great.
Arverne, NY |
Got a total hip replacement by dr Bronson and was extremely happy with the results. Back up and walking again
Arverne, NY |
Great outcome. I was up and walking the next day. All pain in hip is gone. I would highly recommend Dr. Bronson for any type of joint replacement
in Greeley, PA |
My Uncle was suffering with a terribly arthritic knee that was preventing him from enjoying his outdoor activities. Walking on his favorite golf course or down the bank to his favorite fishing hole was torture. He went from being a vibrant man to a miserable depressed guy. After he saw Dr Bronson and had a total knee replacement, he is back to loving life. Not only is he making a full 18 rounds, but my Aunt is thrilled because now they have booked a cruise. Thanks Dr Bronson
brooklyn, NY |
my knee had deteriorated to the point where I couldn't walk more than one block. Dr Bronson did a partial replacement and I have my life back
New York, NY |
Had the opportunity to see Dr. Bronson and his a amazing staff. I saw him for my arthritic knee, I have been having problems with my knee for some time now and was able to get a visit with Dr. Bronson's office quickly, He was very detailed very professional and made me feel confident that if I ever decided on surgery I would choose him. He also came highly recommended.
New York, NY |
was at the point where i couldn't walk a block, now im back to working out in gym after Dr Bronson replaced my knee
Scarsdale, NY |
I do not recommend Dr. Michael Bronson. Both of my total knee surgeries performed by Dr. Bronson, had to be revised. The right knee was inserted improperly, led to bone damage, collapsed and required another total replacement. Another surgeon had to remove the prosthesis and replace it in a much more complicated surgery. The left knee had two spontaneous fractures of the patella. One required a revision by Dr. Bronson, the second fracture was missed.
Port Chester, NY |
Replaced my hip. Back working out without pain
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Bronson gave me a professional assessment , recommendation, and I was confident in his surgical skills.I went home the same day as the partial knee operation July 7 ,2016. Dr. Bronson arranged for a therapist to be at my home the morning right after the operation. Now I am pain free when I walk. The home rehab helped me achieve a wonderful range of motion. I suffered osteoarthritis needlessly! Don't wait! Do it!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Bronson set my very badly broken hand perfectly in 1982 after I was told by many others I would never play guitar again. I was playing guitar again very soon after the cast came off. He's a big part of my healing and I think of him often as a godsend. Alan Merrill - composer I Love Rock N Roll - Guitarist with Rick Derringer and Meat Loaf.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Bronson, MD?
Are you Dr. Bronson?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

Visit Dr. Bronson