Dr. Michael Bourne, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 64

Telehealth services available

Dr. Michael Bourne, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Bourne has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with St. Mark's Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bourne to book an appointment.

St. Mark's Orthopaedic Clinic

Dr. Bourne?
Excellent Doctor
Kathy Howa – May 10, 2020
Dr. Bourne's Reply – Flag
Thank you for the kind rating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
I trusted my hip replacement to him at the first visit. His bedside manner is excellent. He told me frankly but politely how and what needed to be done. He explained in detail the procedure to me & my family. His staff is top notch - polite, friendly and know what they are doing. I had my surgery 7.5 weeks ago and I am in no pain, can walk and do the things I enjoy with any assistance! That is a miracle to me!
Kathleen L Bowman – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Dr. Michael Bourne is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Bourne did full replacement on both my hips one year apart, I was up and walking the next day with both surgeries. Dr. Bourne is a straight forward no nonsense care giver, he makes sure you know what’s coming. Dr. Bourne’s clinical staff is without reproach especially Tony Miller, PA. The clinic office staff is pleasant and efficient. I’m happy to say without hesitation I’ve returned to hunting, fishing, camping, and just walking without pain. Thanks to all involved!
Larry Buck in Sandy , UT – Jun 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
My experience with Dr. Bourne was as good as it could possibly be. I feel very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon and highly recommend him. Not only is he highly skilled he is compassionate, and funny. My results have been outstanding. I was walking unaided after a week.
Susan Erickson in Salt Lake City, UT – Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Great Surgeon & Individual. My right hip replacement was amazing. I healed so quickly. I had very little discomfort. I can now do the things I love without the hurting. Dr. Bourne & his entire staff are the greatest; they all work together so well. Besides Dr. Bourne being a fantastic surgeon, he has a wonderful bedside manner. He makes you smile; he makes you laugh.????????My surgery was August 16, 2018.
Barbara kingsbury in Salt Lake City, UT – Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
The office was very efficient. Everyone knew their job. I never had to wait long. Dr. Bourne or is Assistant answered every question I had even the stupid ones. I have had some pain in recovery and rehab, but I'm pretty sure its because I waited so long to have the replacements done, I had to rebuild all my muscle strength. My son calls this my warranty extension. He is so right. Now I am scheduling for the other knee to be done.
Rita North in Salt Lake City, UT – Nov 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
I am a 69 year old woman and chose Dr. Bourne on the recommendation of friends who had been his patients and physical therapists who had worked with his patients. Dr. Bourne gave me a total knee replacement and I could not be happier! I did my rehab out of state, where I live, and everyone in the clinic commented on how good my incision looked and how I was able to recover my extension and flexion to the maximums suggested. I recommend him without hesitation. Plus he is very personable.
Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Jerry Foutz, I was introduced to Dr. Bourne by two of his patients who spoke very highly of him. He replaced both of my knees on June 12th, 2018. I was extremely pleased with how professional he and his staff are and the results. I recommend Dr. Bourne and his staff to everyone who is in need of Orthopedic care. After surgery rehab was excellent, needs to be ones full time job to get the best results. I played 18 holes of golf on my 12th week anniversary with no pain! Dr. Bourne is the best!
Jerry Foutz in North Salt Lake, UT – Sep 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
10 years ago Dr. Bourne did both of my knees at the same time. I have had no problems now even one minute of pain or problems in ten years. He scored a perfect 10 on my surgery. Jim Vicchrilli
Jim Vicchrilli – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
I was sent to Dr Bourne last minute because of an unknown metal allergy for knee replacement surgery. I love Dr and his staff. I now have my life back. Would recommend Dr Bourne to anyone!
Janene Leftwich in UT – Aug 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Dr. Bourne did my hip replacement surgery. This was the second surgery on my hip. The results were amazing. Before my surgery, I could hardly walk a couple blocks. Afterwards, I am back to doing a lot of activities, almost like completely normal. I had a quick recovery. So much better than my first surgery.
Jeff – Jul 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Dr, Bourne and his staff were great!! I had suffered with hip pain and knee pain for at least a year. I went to Dr. Bourne who was recommended to me to find out about hip replacement surgery. I had my right hip replaced in February and my left hip replaced in May of last year. I feel 10 years younger!! I was taking ibuprofen every day before my surgery but now I am pain free and can do all of the things I use to be able to do. Having my hips replaced helped my knees feel so much better too!
Marlene Blackburn in Salt Lake City, UT – Jun 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
My experience with Dr. Bourne was fantastic. I had never had a surgery and did not know what to expect. He explained everything every step of the way. I had no pain or complications after the surgery and will be forever grateful to Dr. Bourne and his staff. The kindness and professionalism of his entire staff put my fears to rest and made me feel so comfortable. I very highly recommend Dr. Bourne. As far as I am concerned, he is the best!
Jill Corona in Salt Lake City – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Dr. Bourne replaced my right hip a year ago, and I am so thankful that I was referred to him. The surgery was a lot easier than I expected, Dr. Bourne and staff answered all my questions, and were very kind and courteous. I have had absolutely no pain or problems since the surgery. My one year exam revealed that everything is still perfect!
Irene Yeates in Farmington , UT – May 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Dr. Bourne is a talented orthopedic surgeon. He takes time to explain all test results. He answers all questions in terms that a patient can easily understand. He asks what he can do for you....not pushing unnecessary procedures or putting stress on the patient. You feel like you are part of the medical care plan. That it is rare in a surgeon....he really does care about his patients.
Mar 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Dr. Bourne has replaced both my hips and I can't say enough about how good I feel. I would and do recommend him to all my friends and people I don't even know. Dr. Bourne and his staff are top notch. I only give them a 5 Star rateing because there isn't a 6, 7, or 8 Star rateing or they would be getting those. Dr. Bourne is the BEST. D. Wahlberg
D. Wahlberg in Seeley Lake, Montana – Dec 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Great care from Dr. Bourne and and his entire staff. Left knee replacement that went great, I've had no problems. When the time comes I will go back to him for my right knee.
Dave Hutchinson in Clinton, UT – Sep 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
Excellent care over 25 years. Right hip replacement, double knee replacement, left hip replacement. Highly recommended for diagnosing, surgery skills, and after surgery care. The most honest, listening, hearing concerns, describing procedures, and truly caring surgeon I've ever met. Highly recommended surgeon and individual patient-centered plans. Would ever go to anyone else!
Carolyn in Salt Lake City, UT – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
After having physical therapy my hip reached the point where bone-on-bone in the joint left no other choice than a hip replacement. I was nervous about such invasive surgery. Dr. Bourne explained the deterioration of the hip joint, how a replacement device would function, and told me about the surgical process. He was honest and forthright yet kind and understanding of my apprehension. It's been 4 months since my surgery, I'm pain free, and so grateful to Dr. Bourne for a new lease on life!
L. Nielsen in Sandy, UT – Jan 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?
I was apprehensive prior to the surgery (hip replacement). He put me at ease at the very first visit. We scheduled he surgery and three days after the surgery I was home with little pain and discomfort. I used a walker for a couple weeks and was soon getting around without it. Dr. Bourne has been a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend him for any orthopedic issue!
Adeline J. in Salt Lake City, UT – Oct 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourne, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bourne?

Dr. Bourne accepts

Dr. Bourne accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
EBMS
Federal Employee Program (FEP)
First Choice Health
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
UniCare
Wise Provider Networks
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.

Typically treats 62% more than their peers

• Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Spondylosis
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

The Salt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic is a diverse group of orthopaedic surgeons and physical medicine specialists. Our combined experience and interests allow us to address the full spectrum of musculoskeletal problems. by pooling our knowledge and experience, we offer a strong research based practice to ensure the best care possible for each patient.

Tahoe Fracture and Orthopaedic Clinic