Dr. Michael Bourn, DO

Dr. Bourn
Telehealth services available

Center for Symptom Relief LLC

1161 Bethel Rd Ste 203 Columbus, OH 43220

Dr. Michael Bourn, DO is a Pain Management Specialist in Columbus, OH and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicin--Erie medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with medical facilities OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital and Riverside Methodist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bourn to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Michael Bourn, DO with other Pain Management Specialists near you

Dr. Bourn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bourn

1.7

16.9811320754717%
81.13207547169812%

Dr. Bourn?
  • Appointment scheduling (14)
  • Office environment (14)
  • Staff friendliness (12)
  • Appointment was rushed (41)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (41)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (41)
I have been watching this doctor for MANY years after a horrible one year experience under his control/treatment. He will get into your head and treat you with the most horrible, debasing manor that each appointment will be dreaded. However, he KNOWS it's hard to find a pain physician. He led me down the road of doing procedures on me to a hospital stay in which he told me up front he was going to commit fraud on my insurance! He has no training in pain medicine nor ANY education on sticking NEEDLES in patient backs! He only has a somewhat questionable degree from a Lake Erie Medical School in end of life care and a short stent in emergency medicine. Be careful! Avoid! Do your homework on this so called doctor.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Apr 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
Very poor communication skills. He was arrogant and only interested in “selling his product”. He ridiculed my questions and was anxious to leave. I definitely would not recommend him. There are several other pain management physicians who serve residents of Delaware County who would provide better care.
Aug 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
I am not surprised at all by any of these comments/ opinions about patients’ care under this doctor. I have been in an educational environment with this doctor for several years before his practice and he was always condescending, arrogant, and self indulgent...to the point that it was questioned if he would be able to relate to people in a way that was not insulting. Clearly, this profession is far outside his ability to relate to people; most particularly those in pain. Most professionals that I know have the same opinion; this man gives our profession in pain management a bad name.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Columbus – Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
Rude didn’t shake hand I refused a 2nd surgery so he refused to help me. Told me to dr shop.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
I waited approx. 1 month for a 1st appt which was expected. I was 6 mins late due to traffic and locating the suite then was denied being seen. No other patients in waiting room. Staff not helpful, at best. I’m sure their patients never have to wait past their scheduled time. Got another referral from my Dr. right away and much faster appt at that office. I understand a half hour late or more, but really. Not happy about seeing pain Dr anyway due to perception of them, now less happy about it.
S. Ritter in OH – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
My experience with Dr. Bourn was excellent; both the initial consultation and the follow-up epidural! He was very interested in what other back doctors had done, reviewed my past MRI's and my past epidurals. When it came time for my epidural he was great. Very smooth and nicely done. No issues with it and pain free. I've had epidurals from 2 other doctors over the past 8 years and Dr. Bourn was certainly one of the best. The office staff and attending nurses were just as professional. GREAT!!
Mark in Delaware, OH – Nov 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
The low rating for Dr. Bourn puzzle me. I find him VERY caring and knowledgeable in the area of pain management. I worked TWO YEARS with another pain doctor for two years. He and his office staff were NOT successful in getting my insurance company to pay for the PROPER dose of pain medication I needed. Doctor Bourn, his assistant Dr. Hanson,and record specialists were able to get me the proper dosage of medication paid by insurance after only working with them for two months.
Marci Reimund in Powell, OH – Nov 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
Never examined or spoke with me himself. Condescending, argumentative and hostile. Disparaged treatment by previous physician, stated that procedure I received "wouldn't have helped what you're saying it did anyway". Did a trigger point injection in wrong location after six month wait and refused pain medication after stating that injection 'wouldn't help'. Told me that I had fibromyalgia when I don't and was nasty when challenged. I have inflammatory spondylarthropathy. Will NEVER go back.
Genie in Columbus, OH – Mar 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
Wow. I came here to leave a review, but I don't need to repeat what everyone else has stated. All I need to say is that I concur! What is allowed will continue, and I would encourage anyone who is here with complaints to PLEASE reach out to the patient experience department at Ohio Health. Call the main number at one of the hospitals and ask to be connected to the patient experience department for the entire organization. If you are feeling super ambitious, call the Ohio Board of Medicine too.
Ohio – Feb 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
Horrible experience!! Saw him for the first time and will not return. Didn't ask me any questions, didn't give me time to ask any questions, acted like I was an annoyance to him. New patients BEWARE!! You will not get a physician that empathetic and listens to your needs.
Columbus, OH – Jan 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?
I Have Found That He Takes Time To Listen To What I Have To Say. He Has Been My Doctor For A Few Years. I Would Recommend Him.
Mary Fisher in Cols Ohio – Jan 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Bourn, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Bourn?

• Pain Management
  • Emergency Medicine
  • Hospice & Palliative Medicine
  • Hospice & Palliative Medicine (Emergency Medicine)

• Emergency Medicine