Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Bloomfield, MD
Michael R. Bloomfield, MD, is a staff physician in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Cleveland Clinic, and Assistant Professor at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University. He completed orthopaedic residency training at Cleveland Clinic, and a fellowship in hip and knee reconstruction at the Rothman Institute/ Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. He is board certified in orthopaedic surgery. Dr. Bloomfield specializes in all aspects of hip and knee replacement, including the direct anterior approach for total hip arthroplasty. He practices at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus and Hillcrest Hospital. In addition to clinical practice, he is active in resident and fellow education, clinical research, and contributes to several professional organizations.

CLEVELAND CLINIC

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Mutual of Omaha

Learn about Dr. Bloomfield

Dr. Bloomfield's Experience

Dr. Bloomfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Hip Replacement
  • Hip Replacement Revision
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Rothman Inst-Thomas Jefferson U
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Bloomfield has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Bloomfield's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bloomfield to family and friends
Dr. Bloomfield's Performance
Chicago, IL |
He was recommended to me by a friend and have been very pleased and glad I went with him. I would very much recommend him to others.
in Chagrin Falls, OH |
This was the most amazing thing I have ever had done. I was up and walking with a cane in two days and walking without it in seven days! Dr. Bloomfield ad his team are fantastic!
Willoughby, OH |
I have received excellent care from Dr Bloomfield and his staff. Having the daily questions to answer has helped resolve problems though text messages.
in Euclid, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield and his staff provided professional care and service from pre to post surgery. All my questions were addressed in a timely manner and my rehabilitation is going as scheduled.
in Macedonia, OH |
Dr Bloomfield was pleasant and informative. I spent 15 minutes with him during our first visit and he covered the process and recovery well. I saw him for 1 minute after the surgery where he said all went well. The rest of the time was with his staff who were friendly and informative and took the time necessary for me to feel comfortable with the process.
in Mentor, OH |
I had a total hip replacement anterior approach 16 days ago, I am doing GREAT. Dr. Bloomfield is an EXCELLENT surgeon, I am lucky I was referred to him. My Physical Therapist said I am way ahead in my recovery I believe it is because Dr. Bloomfield was my surgeon. He has a great bedside manor, is in contact with me everyday through health loop. I knew right away when I met him that he was the surgeon I wanted. He did an excellent job with my hip, made sure it was perfect. I have my life back!!!
in Painesville, OH |
I have already recommended the Dr. to the husband of a friend of mine. He has yet to make an appointment however it will be done.
Cleveland, OH |
A terrific specialists that I feel very comfortable and confident with. I know that I am in the best possible hands!
in OH |
Dr Bloomfield and his team are very competent, patient, and professional. I am so happy I made the decision to have him perform my total hip replacement. Dr Bloomfield made me feel at ease and very comfortable every step of the way.
in Jamestown, NY |
We have come to Cleveland Clinic from western NY for fifty years and many procedures. Our experience with Dr. Bloomquist and staff at Hillcrest exceeded our already high opinion of care at the main campus.
in Cleveland, OH |
I sought a 2nd opinion because I was scheduled for a spinal fusion due to pain in my legs (for the past 6 yrs.). I kept getting bounced back & forth between the back specialist & my previous hip doctor. Thank God I did, because as soon as Dr. Bloomfield saw my x-rays he could tell that both of my hips were loose & required hip revision surgery. I am out of pain, which used to wake me up nightly. I expect a full recovery, once I can start physical therapy. The other hip is next.
Solon, OH |
Dr Bloomfield's Health Loop is wonderful. Thank you.
Cleveland, OH |
I found Michael Bloomfield by networking among my MD friends - I wanted a seasoned specialist in the anterior hip replacement procedure because of the faster (and less painful) recovery. He came though ! I was back at work in 9 days (but don't tell him, because I was supposed to stay at home). The clincher was during my pre-op sessions when I quizzed techs and nurses and discovered MB was the one they would use themselves and were referring friends and family to him! Thank you MB and staff!
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr Bloomfield came highly recommended when I started looking for knee replacement. I am extremely impressed by him and his team. His team works together and they compliment each other. I was totally prepared before during and after surgery. Dr. Bloomfield is not only highly skilled surgeon, but has empathy and obvious is people person!!! If I have to have number two there is no one else I would care to to see. I would be happy to refer to family. Thanks for all you do, nurse colleague.
in Willoughby, OH |
To enter into a complete hip replacement is not a procedure one takes lightly. However, with Dr. Bloomfield, there was no doubt it was the right decision. His professionalism, incredible knowledge, attention to details, and concern for his patients fears and questions is unlike any other specialist I have encountered. We are truly blessed to have a doctor like Dr. Bloomfield right in our own backyard!
Oberlin, OH |
Great Doctor, I am really happy with my surgery and follow-up.
in Willowick, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield is the best around, his concern for his patients is top notch.
Wooster, OH |
Easy to work with. Everyone is very professional.
in Macedonia, OH |
Since January, Dr. Bloomfield has replaced both of my hips. I am utterly amazed at the difference between stories of others who have had the traditional approach and my experience with Dr. Bloomfield's anterior approach. I've had comparatively little pain and am recovering much faster. With my right hip, I was driving in 4 weeks, and with my left in 2 weeks. Dr. Bloomfield is upbeat, thorough, and courteous, and obviously an incredible surgeon, so highly recommended by professionals too!
in Cleveland, OH |
I'm really excited about the care I've been given. The daily contact is appreciated. I was glad I didn't have to wait for an appointment to ask any questions. I also liked being able to take a photo and send it to get a response about my swelling foot and ankle.
in Chagrin Falls, OH |
Efficient, effective and highly professional. Minimal pain following surgery. Still breaking in my new knee but expect it to be fully functional, as long as I do my part with the post op. therapy. Dr. Bloomfield will most likely replace other knee later this year.
Cleveland, OH |
The best...recovery is so fadt
in Solon, OH |
Dr Bloomfield is a great surgeon! Every patient, nurse, PA and physician I have come across sings his praises! I am absolutely amazed at how great i felt immediately following total hip replacement. My recovery has been smooth! He also has a wonderful medical team and great bedside manner.
in Chagrin Falls |
Dr. Bloomfield did an incredible job with my total hip replacement. He spent time explaining the procedure and what to expect in easy-to-understand language. The entire team was patient-centered and worked together. If you must consider a hip replacement, Dr. Bloomfield is your doctor.
mayfield heights, ohio |
Dr. Bloomfield had me well prepared pre-operative (preparing home environment) and post-operative (recovery). I was up and walking 1 hour 15 minutes after my total hip replacement surgery. I was at home 22 hours after my surgery. My hip joint pain was gone, with only the incision and muscular strain of the surgery. I was off the walker in 2 days, off narcotics after 5 days and finally in addition to my physical therapy walking on a treadmill distance of ½ mile at a 2.5 mph rate day 10 :-)
in Auburn, MI |
Dr. Bloomfield is very personable and details every aspect of the procedure. Great bed side manners.
garrettsville, oh |
Very happy with hip replacement surgery. He and his staff were very helpful in answering questions and giving us information. Would definitely recommend him.
Painesville, OH |
Very happy with the after care. Dr. Bloomfield is concerned about you and will make whatever arrangements necessary to insure that you are as comfortable as possible.
Brecksville, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield takes the time to answer all my questions. He performed my hip replacement surgery. I'm very pleased with the results!
in Derby, IN |
Dr. Bloomfield performed surgery on my right hip 2 yrs ago- total hip my husbands total knee, 1 yr ago and now recently total knee on myself. Dr. Bloomfield is first very knowledgeable and especially kind at each and every visit. Very thorough with health condition and would highly recommend his services. I am a past operating room nurse have felt comfortable with every experience.
in Warren, Ohio |
Thank god for Dr. Michael Bloomfield and his staff. They sent me emails which gave me video guides of how to prepare for presurgery. What to expect during surgery. They also provided me with steps I needed to take for the quickest recovery. After surgery I had no swelling, no redness & minimal pain. The day after surgery I was getting around. I probably won't need no walking aids after a week or two. This is amazing considering I had a total hip replacement. Dr. Bloomfield & staff our amazing
in Cleveland, Ohio |
Amazingly doctor!!!! Dr. Bloomfield gave me two new hips and each procedure was flawless!!!!!!
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield is an intelligent and empathetic person who listens well and answers questions clearly and concisely. He inspired confidence. He was well prepared whenever I saw him and familiar with my medical history.
Cleveland, OH |
Very compassionate and responsive to the patient's needs. Very knowledgable and skillful. Had a total hip replacement and immediately felt relief from the excruciating pain I previously had. Would recommend Dr. Bloomfield without hesitation.
Chardon, OH |
Caring, skilled, keeps you up to date. He is a great young surgeon.
in Broadview Heights, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield is among the best of the best for total hip replacement. My quick recovery after undergoing the anterior hip replacement approach has been nothing short of amazing. He is extremely thorough in every possible way, making sure that you know what you need to do to avoid post surgery blood clots and infection. He is very pleasant an accommodating, and cares about his patient's well being. He is very high in demand, so the sooner you can get in to see him, the better.
in Aurora, OH |
I can"t give Dr. Bloomfield enough praise. I told him he's my superman. He is meticulous, caring, intelligent, obsessive compulsive, one in a million. I have never had a surgeon like him in all my 67 years and probably never will again.
in Northfield, OH |
Excellent experience from start to finish with my new hip. Dr. Bloomfield excellent surgeon. From walking into Hillcrest Hospital,to pre op,surgery, post op, wonderful staff. Thank You for giving me my life back!
Cardington, OH |
I have the utmost accolades to give Dr. Bloomfield and his team. Before, during and after my surgery, if I had a question or concern, the e mails they set up are genius. Every day you get information and can communicate back and forth with questions or concerns. Mine were answered immediately. I can't say enough about Dr. Bloomfield's attention to detail and his patience in listening to me. It's like I was his only patient and he had all the time in the world to attend to me. Just wonderful !
in Chagrin Falls, OH |
Very informative...right amount of follow up. Questions answered quickly. Staff is courteous and helpful.
in Mentor, Oh |
Dr. Bloomfield listened and answered all of my questions. He treated my family members on the day of surgery with the same respect and kindness that he treated me.
in Pepper, Pike, oh |
Excellent bedside.
in Willoughby, OH |
Both of my knee recoveries have gone well. I feel like I am recovering quicker than other friends who have had their knees done. Only con would mention would be not seeing Dr. Bloomfield much while I was in hospital.The resident was very nice.
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield has been the best experience in my life. To think I suffered with this painful knee for at least 6 years. He and his team have given me the best care. Especially since I have joined Healthloop. I feel as though the Doctor is with me every day. I can ask a question and it is answered the same day or the next. I don't have to wonder if I'm getting better or not. I know from his daily questions and comments. I am not scared because I have a team right beside me. Thanks!
in Bedford, OH |
My experience with Dr. Bloomfield is very positive. He genuinely cares about his patients and he is very good at what he does. He's respected by his staff and colleagues. He has a good bedside manner but is a no-nonsense type doctor. He considers surgery an art form, and while he performs a masterpiece on his patients, he expects them to do their part for best possible outcome, and nudges them toward that goal, pain and difficulty regardless, though he does his best to assist there as well
in Strongsville, oh |
2 weeks after my total hip replacement I feel great! The pain in my hip is gone and I am almost back to my normal daily life! After much anxiety preceding the surgery I am extremely relieved to have this done.
in Florence, KY |
Dr Bloomfield was professional, friendly, and did an amazing job with my anterior total hip replacement! I drove 4.5 hours for this surgery and it was well worth the drive! He answered all of my questions pre and post operation, and used the approach and implant materials that he believed were best for me and my individual situation. My recovery is going very well and is just as he explained to me! I highly recommend Dr. Bloomfield!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Bloomfield, MD?
Are you Dr. Bloomfield?