Dr. Michael R. Bloomfield, MD

Dr. Michael R. Bloomfield, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 36 years old

62 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Personal Bio

Dr. Bloomfield's Experience

See how Dr. Bloomfield's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bloomfield

Dr. Bloomfield accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bloomfield has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bloomfield's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bloomfield to family and friends
Dr. Bloomfield's Performance
mayfield heights, ohio |
Dr. Bloomfield had me well prepared pre-operative (preparing home environment) and post-operative (recovery). I was up and walking 1 hour 15 minutes after my total hip replacement surgery. I was at home 22 hours after my surgery. My hip joint pain was gone, with only the incision and muscular strain of the surgery. I was off the walker in 2 days, off narcotics after 5 days and finally in addition to my physical therapy walking on a treadmill distance of ½ mile at a 2.5 mph rate day 10 :-)
in Auburn, MI |
Dr. Bloomfield is very personable and details every aspect of the procedure. Great bed side manners.
garrettsville, oh |
Very happy with hip replacement surgery. He and his staff were very helpful in answering questions and giving us information. Would definitely recommend him.
Painesville, OH |
Very happy with the after care. Dr. Bloomfield is concerned about you and will make whatever arrangements necessary to insure that you are as comfortable as possible.
Brecksville, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield takes the time to answer all my questions. He performed my hip replacement surgery. I'm very pleased with the results!
in Derby, IN |
Dr. Bloomfield performed surgery on my right hip 2 yrs ago- total hip my husbands total knee, 1 yr ago and now recently total knee on myself. Dr. Bloomfield is first very knowledgeable and especially kind at each and every visit. Very thorough with health condition and would highly recommend his services. I am a past operating room nurse have felt comfortable with every experience.
in Warren, Ohio |
Thank god for Dr. Michael Bloomfield and his staff. They sent me emails which gave me video guides of how to prepare for presurgery. What to expect during surgery. They also provided me with steps I needed to take for the quickest recovery. After surgery I had no swelling, no redness & minimal pain. The day after surgery I was getting around. I probably won't need no walking aids after a week or two. This is amazing considering I had a total hip replacement. Dr. Bloomfield & staff our amazing
in Cleveland, Ohio |
Amazingly doctor!!!! Dr. Bloomfield gave me two new hips and each procedure was flawless!!!!!!
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield is an intelligent and empathetic person who listens well and answers questions clearly and concisely. He inspired confidence. He was well prepared whenever I saw him and familiar with my medical history.
in Sagamore Hills, OH |
I certainly would recommend Dr. Bloomfield for those considering the anterior approach to hip replacement surgery. His daily email questionnaire keeps me thinking about the important questions and remain in easy contact with him if I have questions. I'm two weeks past the surgery and doing very well.
Cleveland, OH |
Very compassionate and responsive to the patient's needs. Very knowledgable and skillful. Had a total hip replacement and immediately felt relief from the excruciating pain I previously had. Would recommend Dr. Bloomfield without hesitation.
Chardon, OH |
Caring, skilled, keeps you up to date. He is a great young surgeon.
in Broadview Heights, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield is among the best of the best for total hip replacement. My quick recovery after undergoing the anterior hip replacement approach has been nothing short of amazing. He is extremely thorough in every possible way, making sure that you know what you need to do to avoid post surgery blood clots and infection. He is very pleasant an accommodating, and cares about his patient's well being. He is very high in demand, so the sooner you can get in to see him, the better.
in Aurora, OH |
I can"t give Dr. Bloomfield enough praise. I told him he's my superman. He is meticulous, caring, intelligent, obsessive compulsive, one in a million. I have never had a surgeon like him in all my 67 years and probably never will again.
in Northfield, OH |
Excellent experience from start to finish with my new hip. Dr. Bloomfield excellent surgeon. From walking into Hillcrest Hospital,to pre op,surgery, post op, wonderful staff. Thank You for giving me my life back!
Cardington, OH |
I have the utmost accolades to give Dr. Bloomfield and his team. Before, during and after my surgery, if I had a question or concern, the e mails they set up are genius. Every day you get information and can communicate back and forth with questions or concerns. Mine were answered immediately. I can't say enough about Dr. Bloomfield's attention to detail and his patience in listening to me. It's like I was his only patient and he had all the time in the world to attend to me. Just wonderful !
in Chagrin Falls, OH |
Very informative...right amount of follow up. Questions answered quickly. Staff is courteous and helpful.
in Mentor, Oh |
Dr. Bloomfield listened and answered all of my questions. He treated my family members on the day of surgery with the same respect and kindness that he treated me.
in Pepper, Pike, oh |
Excellent bedside.
in Willoughby, OH |
Both of my knee recoveries have gone well. I feel like I am recovering quicker than other friends who have had their knees done. Only con would mention would be not seeing Dr. Bloomfield much while I was in hospital.The resident was very nice.
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Bloomfield has been the best experience in my life. To think I suffered with this painful knee for at least 6 years. He and his team have given me the best care. Especially since I have joined Healthloop. I feel as though the Doctor is with me every day. I can ask a question and it is answered the same day or the next. I don't have to wonder if I'm getting better or not. I know from his daily questions and comments. I am not scared because I have a team right beside me. Thanks!
in Bedford, OH |
My experience with Dr. Bloomfield is very positive. He genuinely cares about his patients and he is very good at what he does. He's respected by his staff and colleagues. He has a good bedside manner but is a no-nonsense type doctor. He considers surgery an art form, and while he performs a masterpiece on his patients, he expects them to do their part for best possible outcome, and nudges them toward that goal, pain and difficulty regardless, though he does his best to assist there as well
in Strongsville, oh |
2 weeks after my total hip replacement I feel great! The pain in my hip is gone and I am almost back to my normal daily life! After much anxiety preceding the surgery I am extremely relieved to have this done.
in Florence, KY |
Dr Bloomfield was professional, friendly, and did an amazing job with my anterior total hip replacement! I drove 4.5 hours for this surgery and it was well worth the drive! He answered all of my questions pre and post operation, and used the approach and implant materials that he believed were best for me and my individual situation. My recovery is going very well and is just as he explained to me! I highly recommend Dr. Bloomfield!
Have you seen Dr. Michael R. Bloomfield, MD?
Are you Dr. Bloomfield?

Compare Dr. Bloomfield

Dr. Bloomfield says...

Michael R. Bloomfield, MD, is a staff physician in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Cleveland Clinic, and Assistant Professor at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University.  He completed orthopaedic residency training at Cleveland Clinic, and a fellowship in hip and knee reconstruction at the Rothman Institute/ Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia.  He is board certified in orthopaedic surgery.

Dr. Bloomfield specializes in all aspects of hip and knee replacement, including the direct anterior approach for total hip arthroplasty.  He practices at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus and Hillcrest Hospital.

In addition to clinical practice, he is active in resident and fellow education, clinical research, and contributes to several professional organizations.

Dr. Bloomfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Bloomfield has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bloomfield's Board Certifications