Dr. Michael Binder, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 59

Dr. Binder

Michael R Binder

767 Park Ave W Ste 210 Highland Park, IL 60035

Dr. Michael Binder, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Highland Park, IL and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from U OF CHGO DIV OF BIO SCI PRITZKER SCH OF MED medical school in 1988. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Evanston Hospital and Glenbrook Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Binder to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Michael Binder, MD with other Psychiatry Specialists near you

Dr. Binder's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Binder

3.8

Dr. Binder?
  • Appointment scheduling (33)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (33)
  • Office environment (32)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (13)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (12)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (11)
In 2yrs, I have gotton off of a med that was 2 strong 4 me in terms of daily functioning (as well as for good refreshing sleep) Now, I have returned to normal functioning. If you can imagine how much of a "blessing" it is not to have to carry a very heavy load (of tiredness, sleepiness and other drug side effects) & exchange it 4 a return to normal life. On the old medication, I was sleepy and tired almost all the time. I slept 12hrs sometimes & even then needed 2 or so hrs more to feel normal. The old med was like trying to do things w/heavy weights tied 2 me (mental/physical) both while sleeping & trying to wake. Now those weights are gone. I gained maybe up to 4 rs a day (compared to some days) that b4 I normally lost to excessive drug side effects. Very thankfully, my sleep & dreams are better now too, & together w/these imprvmnts also, I can now spend time with my wife that I just couldn't b4. Dr. Binder is also faith affirming which to me as a Christian is absolutely esessential!
Scott Larson – Jan 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr. Binder, in our experience, is a fairly imperceptive doctor. He is careless, his rates are outrageous, and he poorly communicates his basic protocols. After only 3 appts he adjusted our son's medication regimen with little to no explanation of dose, side effects, or the goal of said changes. If we disagreed or had questions he became more inflexible and confusing. Dr. Binder managed to make certain that we officially severed ties with our prior provider, turned an existing and effective medication program upside down, and suggested one of the most imperiling ideas on how to combat sleep issues. However, when collecting payment for services, Dr. Binder was proficient. The coup de grace came when it was time to refill my son’s ADHD medication. We followed the doctor’s instructions even discarding medication due to Dr. Binder’s lack of initiative in contacting our son’s prior physician. He besmirched our fine reputation to cover his inadequacy and left us with no care continuity.
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
It is troubling that the AntiDepresssents and Antipsychotic "meds" he irresponsibly prescribes are the very cause of the symptoms themselves, especially as you try to come off them. Just like the opioid crisis, psychotropic drugs are also misleading and dangerous as are the "professionals" who give them out without warning you of the high risks involved and strong probabilities of poor outcomes, including insomnia, akithesia, homicidal/suicidal thoughts and actions, etc, They are also linked to the mass gun incidents across our country. These poisons disrupt your neurons and poison your mind and body. I will Keep sharing my experience to warn others and continue to sue the reckless doctors and pharmaceutical companies who harm the public.
Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Having seen several different counselor physicians over the course of my adult life and leaving them dissatisfied I was apprehensive in seeing another doctor. I needed a doctor that was a good listener, with expert advise / diagnosis that wasn’t scripted and met my specific needs; yet they had to be kindhearted and humble. Dr. Binder exceeded my expectations. He has the gift of making things that seem confusing and complex very palatable and easy to understand. I was able to make a quick recovery over several months and I felt empowered and encouraged down the path of healing after each visit.
Jerome Williams – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr. Michael Binder is an excellent dr. Extremely professional, very sincere and caring dr. He listens to what you tell him and remembers. The medications he has prescribed me have been extremely helpful over the years. God Bless you Dr. Binder!
Mar 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr. Binder has been a massive help when it came to treating me. I am lucky to have met him and thankful that he has been such a great doctor so far. Since the first appointment he has been kind and compassionate, as well as understanding of the issues I was dealing with. His approach involved a mix of medication and lifestyle improvements to tackle mental illnesses. After a few appointments we found the right med and dose for me and I'm doing tremendously better.
FVA in GURNEE – Nov 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
One of the worst doctors I have ever dealt with. He made very poor decisions regarding our daughter. He was a terrible communicator. He seemed like he was in it just for the money and gave little thought to what he was doing.
Jul 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr Binder is a genius. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and started on a medication that made me feel like a zombie even though it was the lowest possible dose. Rather than switch me to another medication, he lowered the dose even further which worked wonders. After 3 years, that same small dose is still working perfectly for me. Dr Binder is one-in-a-million who thinks out side the box.
Glenview, IL – Sep 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
NO in iLLINOIS – Sep 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr. Binder restored my faith in psychiatry. When I was in my deepest crisis, when my life was literally on the line, Dr. Binder worked with me day by day. He understands that most drugs take days to work or not work; not months, as we usually hear. We, who take these pills, know this! Within a week and-a-half we had found a combination that for the first time in four years stabilized me. I continue to improve and recover. I am deeply grateful for his vigorously pro-active approach.
Andrew S in Deerfield, Il – Jul 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr.Binder was very compassionate and thoughtful. He listened to me and discussed his theory with what is gong on with me in a very informative way. I didn't feel rushed at all, I felt like I was having a really deep conversation with a friend. Psychiatrists do deal with medications, they are not therapists (who don't). If you're seeing him, he may prescribe something for you. If you are against meds, see a therapist. I was happy with my experience. He calls you back within 24 hours too.
Trapper in Highlan Park, IL – Jun 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr. Binder is a extremely kind and competent doctor. I completely trust him and feel extremely grateful to have him as my doctor. Anyone who is struggling to find a doctor or has a general distrust with the profession... I personally urge you to give him a try.
Christine Davis in highland park il – Jan 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
The worst Doctor I ever had. Pill pushers are the worst! I spoke to multiple pharmacists about my Doctor and almost all of them said Have you considered getting a second opinion? If you want a quack that will prescribe any medication with lots of refills, then go to Dr. Binder. If you want to get better, find a different doctor. This guy does not ask about your history and he tried putting me on medication I was allergic to and told me it's just a side effect. Terrible!
JM in Mchenry, IL – Dec 20, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Binder?

Dr. Binder encourages team work with his patients and the judicious use of medication and non-medication approaches to psychiatry in an atmosphere of honesty and integrity.

Dr. Michael Binder is an adult and adolescent psychiatrist who has been in practice for over twenty-five years. He is a graduate of UCLA and the University...Read more

• Psychiatry