Dr. Michael Binder, MD

Pediatric Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Binder

Dr. Michael Binder, MD is a pediatric psychiatry specialist in Highland Park, IL and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from U Of Chgo Div Of Bio Sci Pritzker Sch Of Med in 1988 and specializes in pediatric psychiatry, psychiatry, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Binder accepts

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (7/3/2017)View details
No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Binder's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Binder's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Binder encourages team work with his patients and the judicious use of medication and non-medication approaches to psychiatry in an atmosphere of honesty and integrity.

• Pediatric Psychiatry

3.7

Dr. Binder?
Dr. Binder's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Binder, MD
Dr. Michael Binder is an excellent dr. Extremely professional, very sincere and caring dr. He listens to what you tell him and remembers. The medications he has prescribed me have been extremely helpful over the years. God Bless you Dr. Binder!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr. Binder has been a massive help when it came to treating me. I am lucky to have met him and thankful that he has been such a great doctor so far. Since the first appointment he has been kind and compassionate, as well as understanding of the issues I was dealing with. His approach involved a mix of medication and lifestyle improvements to tackle mental illnesses. After a few appointments we found the right med and dose for me and I'm doing tremendously better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
One of the worst doctors I have ever dealt with. He made very poor decisions regarding our daughter. He was a terrible communicator. He seemed like he was in it just for the money and gave little thought to what he was doing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr Binder is a genius. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and started on a medication that made me feel like a zombie even though it was the lowest possible dose. Rather than switch me to another medication, he lowered the dose even further which worked wonders. After 3 years, that same small dose is still working perfectly for me. Dr Binder is one-in-a-million who thinks out side the box.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Terrible, terrible experience with this doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone and wish I had never had the misfortune to run across him. Unprofessional and unpleasant to say the least. Beware of this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr. Binder restored my faith in psychiatry. When I was in my deepest crisis, when my life was literally on the line, Dr. Binder worked with me day by day. He understands that most drugs take days to work or not work; not months, as we usually hear. We, who take these pills, know this! Within a week and-a-half we had found a combination that for the first time in four years stabilized me. I continue to improve and recover. I am deeply grateful for his vigorously pro-active approach.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr.Binder was very compassionate and thoughtful. He listened to me and discussed his theory with what is gong on with me in a very informative way. I didn't feel rushed at all, I felt like I was having a really deep conversation with a friend. Psychiatrists do deal with medications, they are not therapists (who don't). If you're seeing him, he may prescribe something for you. If you are against meds, see a therapist. I was happy with my experience. He calls you back within 24 hours too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Dr. Binder is a extremely kind and competent doctor. I completely trust him and feel extremely grateful to have him as my doctor. Anyone who is struggling to find a doctor or has a general distrust with the profession... I personally urge you to give him a try.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
The worst Doctor I ever had. Pill pushers are the worst! I spoke to multiple pharmacists about my Doctor and almost all of them said Have you considered getting a second opinion? If you want a quack that will prescribe any medication with lots of refills, then go to Dr. Binder. If you want to get better, find a different doctor. This guy does not ask about your history and he tried putting me on medication I was allergic to and told me it's just a side effect. Terrible!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Binder, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Binder?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Binder treats patients.

Evanston Hospital