Dr. Michael L. Bilof, MD

Dr. Michael L. Bilof, MD

Bariatric Surgery | Male

Garden State Bariatrics & Wellness Center 1430 Hooper Ave Ste 203, Toms River, NJ 08753 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

We promise to provide the highest level of education, expertise and support for your health and well-being. Five-star service is our commitment at every point of contact you have with our offices. Your needs and your comfort at our office are paramount in making your experience with GSBWC the best. It is our privilege to guide you, your family and your friends on your journey to healthy living. We dedicate that each step of your relationship with GSBWC - before, during and after surgery - is a rewarding experience. Our one-to-one relationship with our patients will assure you that the entire process is a supportive one - designed to support your goals. Our complete service is provided with dignity, respect and compassion for all that honor us with their interest and trust us with their healthcare. Our state-of-art care, committed team of seasoned professionals; along with your commitment to reach your goals, create the needed ingredients for your success.Read more

Dr. Bilof's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Bilof's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bilof

Dr. Bilof accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Bilof has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Bilof's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bilof to family and friends
4.1
Experience with Dr. Bilof
Dr. Bilof's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (44)
in NJ |
I had Loop Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Bilof in December 2015 and my life has changed forever. Dr. Bilof is an excellent, skilled surgeon and I have had not one complication. It's been an awesome recovery and in 6 months I've lost 80 lbs. I was highly recommended to him by 2 friends who had successful weight loss surgery and I can see why. I had multiple pre-op appointments with him and not once did I feel rushed or pressured. He answered every question I had and was very patient with me, e
Morristown, NJ |
Overall I had a negative experience. He came highly recommended, however he does not get to know his patients. He placed a removable filter in me prior to my procedure stating that it was necessary. The filter a few months later was banned and unable to be removed in surgery. Current medical procedures/protocols were not followed. Dr. Bilof has questionable ethics. He is more concerned with money than his patients well being. A long list of unacceptable behavior for a physician.
in Bayville, NJ |
Dr. Bilof has an outstanding reputation and has helped many patients that I know. Dr. Bilof's work has changed the life of so many people and I highly recommend him to all my friends and family.
in Cliffwood Beach, NJ |
I was apprehensive about doing the DS, which Dr. Bilof recommended, and I asked him to convince me why I should choose that surgery. He responded that he wasn?t going to try to convince me because it was ultimately my choice. He gave me advice that changed my mind; he said you have to be happy with the results. I decided right then that I wanted to go all the way that I could and didn?t want to look back and wonder ?what if?, so I chose the recommended surgery and I haven?t looked back!
in Parkin nj |
All the staff is amazing. They boost your confidence every time! I was scared at 408 lbs and now I'm down 64lbs in 4 months! Best decision I ever made!
Have you seen Dr. Michael L. Bilof, MD?
Are you Dr. Bilof?

Compare Dr. Bilof

• Bariatric Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Bilof's Board Certifications

• General Surgery

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Duodenal Switch
  • Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Stomach Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School

Graduated in 1986

• Center of Excellence Bariatric Surgery, 2007- on
    • Top Docs 2008 NJ Monthly, 2008;2010-
    • Top Surgeon from ARCA, 2007-on

Dr. Bilof does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bilof and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Bilof's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Bilof

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Bilof's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Bilof

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Bilof's Care Philosophy