Dr. Michael Berk, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism •  Male • Age 67

Dr. Berk

Washington University Clinical

4921 Parkview Pl Ste 13a Saint Louis, MO 63110

Dr. Michael Berk, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Berk has more experience with Diabetes than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Indiana U, School of Medicine medical school in 1979. He is affiliated with medical facilities Barnes Jewish Hospital and Memorial Hospital East. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Berk to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in Saint Louis

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Berk accepts

Dr. Berk accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access Choice-MO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes specialists.

Typically treats 80% more than similar doctors

Dr. Berk's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Berk

3.1

Dr. Berk?
Dr. Berk is fantastic. He understand diabetes and treats it with knowledge and care. His staff work hard to fight insurance to get patients what they need.
Sep 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr. Michael Berk was my Primary Care doctor, his new staff is very rude and lazy. I went there several times to pick up samples from his office and I have watched the lady who works at the front window half look for things, they very seldom answer their phones, unfriendly to the patients, Dr. Berk walks in barely checks you out he slides the chair across the floor to you instead of you sitting on the exam table. He downplays any symptoms that you may have. He recently cancelled me out because I asked for a second opinion from another Dr. in his office this was concerning my husband not me, but he went as far as sending me a certified letter telling me I am no longer his patient. I would not recommend him to anyone.
Cleo B – Apr 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Berk for 20+ years. He is an excellent physician.
Sep 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
After arriving on time and filling out the “new” patient forms, I was informed that Dr. Burk would not see me because new patients had to arrive 15 min early. As I’ve been a patient at Wash U for the last year, I was not informed of this preference. I revisited voicemails to verify that I had not been informed. I apologized for not knowing and asked if there was any way to resolve this since I had taken off work and driven over two hours for the appointment. His assistant/nurse was beyond rude, bordering hostile, without any warrant. I’ve never seen such unprofessional behavior in a medical office. I believe the assistant/nurse and Mr. Burk should be reminded that as patients, we are there to seek medical help, and they are there because of us patients. If they can’t wait 5 minutes for us to fill out their forms, I’d hate to see them wait months patients like we do for an appointment.
Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Very disappointed in Dr. Berk. Has been my doctor for 15+ years and he's now just a cattle herder. He doesn't listen, too busy getting them in and out. His staff is awful. He has a nurse Anyta that has made multiple mistakes, forgotten to call to set up tests, ordered the wrong tests. She's dangerous. Dr Berk is too busy shuffling patients through the revolving door to pay attention and just defends it w excuses. Unfortunately, he's gone from hero to zero. Sadly he doesn't even recognize his patients that have been with him for 20 years.
Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr. Berk has been my primary doctor since I moved to STL in 1990. I do not see him often, but when I do visit, he takes care of business. His referals to other doctors with in their system has been very valuable to treatments I have recieved over the years. Good man, good doctor. Glad to be a patient of his. I agree that they can be difficult to connect with.
Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr. Berk helped my severe hypoglycemia when no one else could. He was able to convince my insurance company that I needed the Dexcom monitoring system that is usually only approved for diabetics. I am so grateful and recommend Dr. Berk 100%. The only negative is that the office does not make reminder calls a day or two before appointments.
Jackie in Bethalto, IL – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr Berk for over 10 years. Ive never felt rushed at my appointments and I like that I can get my blood test right in the office. I never wait longer than 10 minutes to be seen. The only negative is when you call, if the line isn’t busy, you wait on hold for 20 minutes. They do have a portal now which helps a lot but I still have to make a phone call every now and then. My children and my extended family also go to Dr Berk.
MM in Swansea, IL, I – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
During patient visits Dr. Berk sits behind his computer while talking with me but I'm never confident that he is really listening to me. Sometimes, he ends my visits without ascertaining whether I've had an opportunity to completely address all of my issues/concerns with him. On one visit, his staff interrupted us, he started to leave the room and I had to stop him because I was concerned that the visit might be ended. His clinic operations staff are poor at addressing several issues I have had.
St. Louis, MO – Jul 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr. Berk does a great job, BUT the office/call management is AWFUL. It is impossible to get thru to the referral line or the desk/reception. Terrible 'customer service'/
Ballwin, MO – Mar 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr. Berk is impossible to reach. You will sit on hold, trying to reach his office for at least 10 minutes at a time. The phones are down from 12-1 and only available until 3:30pm M-F. He's very personable when you do get him, but don't expect to get taken seriously if you're asking about weight-related issues. He brushed my concerns off, and my OB finally sorted out that I have hypothyroidism. Gaining 10 pounds/year while running 20 miles/week and eating healthy is not normal.
St Louis, MO – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Location is good. My biggest problem with this doctor was his inaccessibility beginning with telephone contact. Sometimes days to reach a staff person. Even as an inpatient in the hospital, the hospital personnel could not make an appointment for post release. Phone time was ridiculous. There was no patient portal to leave message, test results, or appts. After hour help was non existent. As a new patient (for six months) I never really made real contact with this doctor. No recommendation.
St Louis, MO – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Berk. As a patient with Type 1 diabetes, having a doctor with the same condition and the same pump is really helpful. He offers outstanding knowledge, and while he can be somewhat spacey about just walking out of appointments and not officially ending things, I've never felt rushed when talking to him. However, I just can't explain enough how much I hate dealing with the office. Phone hold times of 15-20 minutes each call, rude and rushed receptionists, etc etc.
sara in Saint Louis, MO – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Did not call with results of tests and explain symtoms from condition. He had staff call and offered no follow-up. Did not offer to send test results for primary Dr.
Deborah Finland in St Louis, MO – Mar 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
...one of the best doctors I've ever seen...extremely knowledgeable & personable as well. Office procedures are THE best...you get most of your blood results while you wait and never more than a day later. Highly recommended in every respect...
Robert L. in St Louis, MO – Feb 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr Berk is a great doctor. You never feel rushed and he takes his time with you.
Meg M in St. Louis, MO – Jan 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berk?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism