Dr. Michael Berk, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Berk

Washington University Clinical

4921 Parkview Pl Ste 13A Saint Louis, MO 63110

Dr. Michael Berk, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Indiana U, School Of Medicine in 1979 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Dr. Berk accepts

Dr. Berk accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Berk's experience treating your condition or procedure

3.2

Dr. Berk?
Dr. Berk's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Berk, MD
Dr. Berk has been my primary doctor since I moved to STL in 1990. I do not see him often, but when I do visit, he takes care of business. His referals to other doctors with in their system has been very valuable to treatments I have recieved over the years. Good man, good doctor. Glad to be a patient of his. I agree that they can be difficult to connect with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr. Berk helped my severe hypoglycemia when no one else could. He was able to convince my insurance company that I needed the Dexcom monitoring system that is usually only approved for diabetics. I am so grateful and recommend Dr. Berk 100%. The only negative is that the office does not make reminder calls a day or two before appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr Berk for over 10 years. Ive never felt rushed at my appointments and I like that I can get my blood test right in the office. I never wait longer than 10 minutes to be seen. The only negative is when you call, if the line isn’t busy, you wait on hold for 20 minutes. They do have a portal now which helps a lot but I still have to make a phone call every now and then. My children and my extended family also go to Dr Berk.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
During patient visits Dr. Berk sits behind his computer while talking with me but I'm never confident that he is really listening to me. Sometimes, he ends my visits without ascertaining whether I've had an opportunity to completely address all of my issues/concerns with him. On one visit, his staff interrupted us, he started to leave the room and I had to stop him because I was concerned that the visit might be ended. His clinic operations staff are poor at addressing several issues I have had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr. Berk does a great job, BUT the office/call management is AWFUL. It is impossible to get thru to the referral line or the desk/reception. Terrible 'customer service'/
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr. Berk is impossible to reach. You will sit on hold, trying to reach his office for at least 10 minutes at a time. The phones are down from 12-1 and only available until 3:30pm M-F. He's very personable when you do get him, but don't expect to get taken seriously if you're asking about weight-related issues. He brushed my concerns off, and my OB finally sorted out that I have hypothyroidism. Gaining 10 pounds/year while running 20 miles/week and eating healthy is not normal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Location is good. My biggest problem with this doctor was his inaccessibility beginning with telephone contact. Sometimes days to reach a staff person. Even as an inpatient in the hospital, the hospital personnel could not make an appointment for post release. Phone time was ridiculous. There was no patient portal to leave message, test results, or appts. After hour help was non existent. As a new patient (for six months) I never really made real contact with this doctor. No recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Berk. As a patient with Type 1 diabetes, having a doctor with the same condition and the same pump is really helpful. He offers outstanding knowledge, and while he can be somewhat spacey about just walking out of appointments and not officially ending things, I've never felt rushed when talking to him. However, I just can't explain enough how much I hate dealing with the office. Phone hold times of 15-20 minutes each call, rude and rushed receptionists, etc etc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Did not call with results of tests and explain symtoms from condition. He had staff call and offered no follow-up. Did not offer to send test results for primary Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
...one of the best doctors I've ever seen...extremely knowledgeable & personable as well. Office procedures are THE best...you get most of your blood results while you wait and never more than a day later. Highly recommended in every respect...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?
Dr Berk is a great doctor. You never feel rushed and he takes his time with you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Berk, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berk?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Berk treats patients.

Barnes Jewish Hospital