Dr. Michael Baskies, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Morristown Hand Surgery 111 Madison Ave Ste 400 Morristown, NJ 07960 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Baskies, MD
Dr. Michael Baskies, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Morristown, NJ. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Baskies is affiliated with Overlook Medical Center and Morristown Medical Center.

Dr. Baskies' Care Philosophy

"I am dedicated to applying my training and experience to help patients make well-informed decisions. The operative and non-operative management of hand and upper extremity problems requires attention to the aspirations and goals of each individual patient. Every interaction with a patient is an opportunity to discuss therapeutic options to help patients achieve their objectives and goals."

Dr. Baskies' Experience

See how Dr. Baskies' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Baskies

Dr. Baskies accepts 30 insurance carriers

Dr. Baskies is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Baskies has admitting privileges.

Dr. Baskies' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baskies to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Baskies' Performance
Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Baskies was the most arrogant, condescending healthcare provider I have ever encountered. And when he realized how upset his negativity had gotten me, he simply got up and left the room. The nurse was wonderful and made sure I was okay. Needless to say, I immediately found another doctor.
in NJ |
My son recently had hand surgery performed by Dr.Baskies. He was very informative & thorough before & after my son's surgery. He took his time explaining options before the surgery & was open to answering any questions or concerns we had. He is kind & understanding & is also well skilled. I highly recommend him.
in Montague, NJ |
Dr. Baskies was GREAT I had trigger thumb Operation took about 20 mins, no pain at suture site and I had full movement of my thumb right after surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Baskies
in Denville, NJ |
I have been to many Doctors for myself and with family in my lifetime. I have never left a review on anyone. This was the worst Doctor I have EVER been too. He is an arrogant looser who needs to go to human school and learn how to speak to people. He spoke down to us and did nothing nor gave us any advice on the issue. I will be calling my insurance company and telling them not to pay this looser!!!
Livingston, NJ |
Dr Baskies has done surgery on my husband and now is treating me and we could not be more happy with his care!
Newark, NJ |
Very textbook, no personality at all. When looking for actual advice and care he's not the doctor to go to. You can gather the same information from any medical website without being charged hundreds of dollars for only a few minutes.
Basking Ridge, NJ |
I am NOT the kind of person to be revengeful but my experience with Dr Baskies and his front desk secretary was so traumatic that I'm obligated to say something. Iasked for an appointment and was given one for the next week only to be told that I was 1 week late and that my son had no remedy mostly for me bein irresponsible and providing my son with the lousy government insure instead of working hard for a better one. Bedside manners? 0. My son was successfully operated by a kind Dr McPartland
Englishtown, NJ |
This Dr does not think physical therapy after an insurance approved surgery is necessary. He is merely a rubber stamp Dr for the insurance companies. This Dr should be avoided.
in Mendham, nj |
Like the doc. Personable, professional. But staff a nightmare. Tried to get some assistance with billing/insurance issues but they wanted nothing to do with it. Downright rude/dismissive.
in Summit, NJ |
I have been in severe pain for several months. I had been to the neurologist for an EMG (also had an MRI) results from both test were good but my pain had worsened. I had anticipated that Dr Baskies would be able to diagnose my condition and help me to the road to recovery. He walked in, sat down and told me that there was nothing that he could do for me. My hand would get better on its own. He did not look at my hand or ask me any questions. That was it. He then walked out of the room. Huh???
Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Baskies has been great. I've had a couple of appointments with him and he's very patient, informative, answered any questions I had, and seems to truly care about me as the patient. I would highly recommend him.
Jersey City, NJ |
Beware! I recently went to this office with a past broken finger. Got x-rays and consulted with Dr.Baskies for 6 min. He charged me over $1200 for him to tell me there was nothing he could do and to seek occupational therapy to remedy the break. The line item shows up at surgery from my insurance company, but they (after fighting the last few months to try to get the office and call center to review the billing coding) assure me that the charge is right because it falls under a certain med code
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
Dr. Baskies is awesome- a little quirky, but what Doctor isn't. He is thorough and sets reasonable expectations for recovery. I appreciate his candor and his brutal honesty as it is helpful in understanding the problem and the solution. He doesn't sugar coat it.
in Milford, PA |
Dr.Baskies jumped to a diagnoses that was wrong.He looked at a x ray and told me I have arthritis in my wrist and it turned out to be a torn tendon. He also told me to deal with the pain and the way the hand is. He said he was not going to do anything about it.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Baskies, MD?
Are you Dr. Baskies?

Compare Dr. Baskies

Dr. Baskies' Care Philosophy

Dr. Baskies' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Baskies has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Baskies' Board Certifications

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lupus
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Shoulder Dislocation

Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Completed in 2008

Union College

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Baskies does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baskies and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery