Family Medicine  |
Dr. Michael Barkasy Jr, MD
Dr. Michael Barkasy Jr, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in West Grove, PA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Barkasy Jr is affiliated with Chester County Hospital and Jennersville Regional Hospital.

Family Practice Associates of Sthn. Chester Cnty

900 W Baltimore Pike Ste 200

West Grove, PA 19390

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Barkasy Jr

Dr. Barkasy Jr's Experience

Dr. Barkasy Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Christiana Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Barkasy Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barkasy Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barkasy Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barkasy Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barkasy Jr to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Barkasy Jr Says:

We strongly believe that in order for patients to take control of their health, they need a complete understanding of their medical conditions and treatment plans. We encourage patients to feel comfortable to ask questions and communicate their needs.

Dr. Barkasy Jr's Performance
Oxford, PA |
Poor hours , put on hold for 30 minutes when calling then hung up on
in Landenberg, PA |
I moved to Dr. Barkasy's practice after an unfortunate experience with Family Medicine Specialists, and have been very happy with the practice's services. I have three teen kids, and they're all quite comfortable with the staff and with Dr. B, even my very shy 14 y.o. daughter. I work in the healthcare industry and am quite good at picking out talented, organized professionals and highly recommend this group's services.
in Wilmington, DE |
I like Dr. Barkasy and Dr. Duran personally, they seem like good people and doctors, but the way they run there office, not so good. It can be difficult to get a same day sick appt., If you leave a message on there answering machine, about a referral or lab result, I sometimes do not get a return call unless I call a second time. Probably staff needs better customer service training.
in Lincoln University, PA |
Not ever going back. Couldn't cure me after 2 visits and demanded payment for visit that didn't get through insurance company yet. I have been a patient for over 12 years but if they are that aggressive about payements then i will find someone else. I have never been late of failed to pay them in the past. This is just unacceptable. I am still in need of treatment and the last 2 visits didn't help. i had to waste more time on the phone just to be treated badly and no concern at all about me.
in Jennersville, PA |
I am an old man and I have been going to Dr. Mike for over 10 years. He is the only doctor that I have ever had that I have really liked. He is very Knowledgeable, thorough and trustworthy. I have always found his office staff to be friendly and helpful. Very recently his practice expansion has led to some growing pains, there are several new faces. I am sure they will sort it out soon. I am sticking with Dr. Mike. I only hope he does not retire too early.
in Landenberg, PA |
Dr Mike has been really great with me over the years, always takes his time and explains things. He is a good listener, always shows interest in the quality of my life. I struggle to communicate like most people with autism, he is patient and is never in a hurry to get me out the door. He isn't afraid to be my doctor just because I am disabled. I trust him, he is sensitive with very personal issues and always is smiling. I don't like to see his partners, I like Michele and Noreen in the office.
in West Grove, PA |
Dr Barkasy, an exclnt physician w/ great bedside manner. Shows true concern for your health. Listens carefully, keeps going even if complex. Doesn't rush. Good recommendations for specialists. I hesitate to recommend too strongly, he's already so popular. I read some of the other recent comments; agreed, signif turnover in recent times has made communication more challenging. Exclnt practice manager, some outstanding nurses. Don't like partners. I loathe most doctors, esp. guys, but here 14 yrs
in West Grove, PA |
Dr. Barkasy is a fine Doctor. His office, however, seems very unorganized. Not what you want from your health provider. Ordered blood work 4 weeks before my physical. Heard nothing. Called two weeks later-no record of a blood work request. Put it in again, got it a week and a half later, on vacation. Too late to get results before the physical. My biggest problem however, is with the 50 something woman at the desk who is rude and condescending. My family is done here.
in Lincoln ln University |
I'm a Breast Cancer survivor and have had Cold Flu Symptoms for over a month. I have been to his Office twice and was not examined by him but the NP.
in Langhorne, PA |
I have a syndrome that requires partnering with a doctor. Dr. Barkasy has been nothing short of amazing. He writes me the proper prescriptions, refers me to the correct specialist, and orders correct tests. I know it seems odd, but I love the fact he is ALWAYS happy. He always has a smile on his face and talks to you in a way that could turn your whole day around. I literally drive an hour and a half just to be in his practice. I definitely recommend him to anyone!
in West Grove, PA |
his staff doesn't respond to any questions, and does not get in touch with his phone . takes a long time responding when you are sick
Have you seen Dr. Michael Barkasy Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Barkasy Jr?