Dr. Michael Azzam, MD

Dr. Michael Azzam, MD

Sports Medicine  |
Michael Azzam, MD is a board-eligible orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training in sports medicine. He welcomes athletes and non-athletes ages 12 and up, and specializes in arthroscopy of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle. Dr. Azzam has extensive experience with athletes of all ages, sports and levels of competition. Dr. Azzam completed a sports medicine fellowship at the world-renowned American Sports Medicine Institute under the direction of Drs. James Andrews, Lyle Cain, Jeff Dugas, and Benton Emblom. He assisted as a team physician for the Alabama Crimson Tide and Samford Bulldogs football teams, and also cared for the Alabama Ballet, USA Cheer, WWE professional wrestling, the Birmingham Barons (AA-affiliate for the Chicago White Sox), and Birmingham area high school teams. During his orthopedic surgery residency training at the University of Tennessee-Campbell Clinic, he served as a team physician for the Memphis Redbirds (AAA-affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals). Upon graduation from residency, he received the Rocco A. Calandruccio, MD Award for Excellence in Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Azzam attended Saint Louis University School of Medicine, where he was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honor medical society and received the MD with Distinction in Research Award. He graduated from Saint Louis University with Summa Cum Laude honors. Dr. Azzam has authored numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, and has presented his research at multiple national meetings. He welcomes the opportunity to care for you and your family, and get you "back in the game!"

1011 Bowles Ave Ste 400

Fenton, MO 63026

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Azzam

Dr. Azzam's Experience

Dr. Azzam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Azzam ""I try to educate my patients about their injury, explain treatment options, and maximize both non-surgical and surgical treatment to help them return to their favorite activity or sport as quickly as possible.  I believe that physical exercise is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and my goal is to keep patients as active as possible.""

• Sports Medicine
  • Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

Dr. Azzam does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Saint Louis University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Tennessee-Campbell Clinic Orthopedics
  • Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Azzam has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Azzam has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Azzam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Azzam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Azzam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Azzam to family and friends
Dr. Azzam's Performance
Fenton, MO |
While Dr. Azzam was friendly and nice, he did a poor job of addressing my concerns. He diagnosed something without and exam to verify his conclusion. Additionally, I had to inquire about pain relief and an order for physical therapy. I much prefer a doctor who will tell me how to treat the issue. I shouldn't had had to do his job. It was a very disappointing experience.
I personally take each patient's history and perform an exam. X-rays are taken and read immediately in the office. Advanced imaging is ordered when clinically indicated. I discuss my treatment recommendations at the end of each visit, and a physical therapy prescription is provided before the patient leaves the exam room. We are always looking for ways to improve the patient experience. If you would like to discuss your particular visit, please feel free to call the office at your convenience.
in St. Louis, Mo. |
He was the best surgeon that I have had. He fixed my thumb and his sutures were so tiny that the scare will be very minimal. His caring and bed side manner was wonderful. He is a very caring Doctor!
in Saint Louis Missouri |
I had a rotator cuff tear from a accident back in June. I did not know it was a tear at the time. After a few weeks I saw Dr. Azzam. Got the MRI and verified it was a rotator cuff tear. Within a week I was having the surgery and immediately started recovery. I didn't have any questions at first but after a while, I thought of some. Answered all of my questions. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I would most definitely recommend him.
in St. Louis, MO |
I was so relieved to find same/next day appts. The online reviews were most helpful and true! He's friendly, helps you understand your injury, and listens to your concerns or questions. He tried pt first and when that didn't help he gave me the option of surgery or not; my choice. He calmed my fear of surgery with a thorough explanation about the procedure in a gentle, concerned manner. Post-op info was very helpful! Very helpful/friendly assistant and staff. I highly recommend Dr. Azzam!!
Fort Myers |
Dr. Azzam was fantastic. I had a complete tear in my rotator cuff. I'd heard horror stories about the pain after the surgery. Dr. Azzam calmed my fears and explained exactly what he would do during the surgery. After surgery he explained what he did and provided pictures to my friend who was taking me home. He patiently answered my questions during both of my post surgery follow up appointments. Thank you Dr. Azzam!!!
in St Louis, MO |
I am 58yrs. old and have been thru several major surgeries In my life by fantastic surgeons. Dr. Azzam is at the top of that list. His professionalism, preparedness, knowledge, and compassion to let his patient know he cares and will do whatever it takes to give them the quality of life prior to the injury. The protocols for pre-surgery readiness and the post -surgery structured layout for his required therapy enforces the commitment for his patients. Excellence! Describes the care you receive.
in St. Louis, MO |
Dr. Azzam performed a ACL replacement using 2 of my hamstrings. There's a technical term for that I am sure. He did a wonderful job! I am 3 months out and doing excellent. His bedside manner is caring and thoughtful. He obviously knows his craft as evidenced by the tiny scar the made to perform such a complex surgery. I am thrilled and would recommend him to anyone looking for a orthopedic surgeon.
in Florissant, MO |
I would recommend Dr. Azzam to anyone who needs a Great sports medicine doctor. He's very easy to talk to, he listens to you. And has his patients best interest at heart. I look forward to going to the doctor now. As I didn't before. I'm recommending him to my co-workers and family. Thx Doc!
High Ridge, MO |
What a comfort to know my operation and rehab are in the hands of Dr. Assam...total trust. We could not have a better person to take care of us.
in St Louis, MO |
Excellent surgeon, great bedside manner, provides answers to all questions.
in House Springs, MO |
Dr. Azzam repaired my rotator cuff and I am very satisfied with the results. I was told what to expect and given clear instructions. He was very professional while having a very good "bedside manner" and I would recommend him to anyone I know.
in St. Louis, MO |
Dr. Azzam was informative and understanding. I trust his medical judgement and I am impressed with how well he helped me recover from my hip surgery.
in Imperial, MO |
Thank you Dr. Azzam and your staff for taking such awesome care of me!!! I am fully recovered, back to full force, and right on schedule!!! Dr. Azzam was very careful with his diagnosis and made sure we did everything possible before surgery. That included 2 MRI's and a round of physical therapy before we confirmed what he thought my injury was. A complete tear of my bicep tendon, labrum and AC joint. I would not wish shoulder surgery to my worst enemy..if it's the only option choose my DOC!!!
Ballwin, MO |
My experience with Dr. Azzam was great. He was very professional, friendly, and took the time to explain everything about my injury and the procedure to repair it. I felt very confident in his ability to perform my surgery and would recommend him to anyone.
in Springfield Missouri |
We could not be more grateful for Dr. Azzam' s care of our 93 year old mother. He repaired her broken femur with great skill and continued to care for her for several months after. His encouragement helped her to believe that even at her age she would be up and walking again. His caring , kindness and skill have worked in amazing ways in our mother's recovery! We are profoundly grateful to him and his caring staff. The best!
in Sullivan, MO |
I had a great experience with you! Thank you for recognizing the urgency in my injury and being able to respond to it in such a quick manner. I am on my way to being able to walk again soon all thanks to your care.
in Valley Park, MO |
Dr. Azzam performed my ankle surgery and it was very successful. I felt more than comfortable and had 100% trust in him. He showed compassion and was very concerning of my ankle. I would recommend Dr. Azzam to my family, friends, and anyone who is looking for the help with their surgery and medical needs.
in Fenton, MO |
Outstanding care to get me through a very difficult period in my life. I severed the tendons from my right quadricep to the knee. He surgically reattached them and the recovery has been steady and quite good.
St Louis, MO |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Azzam to family and friends and have. He takes the time to explain the situation, but explain in terms that one can understand. I had an issue when he was out of town at one point and he called several times to check up on me to make sure I was doing okay even when the issue had been taken care of. He was able to get my Dad in on an emergency basis as well as my daughter.
in CEDAR HILL, MO |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Azzam to everyone who needs the utmost care before, during and after surgery. Dr. Azzam and his staff were always ready to answer questions and offer assistance when I needed it. He explained my condition, offered alternative choices when applicable and stressed the importance of Physical Therapy in my recovery. He and his staff really cared about my return to regular activities with full range of motion without pain.
San Jose, CA |
Dr. Azzam is very personable, caring and good at what he does.
in House Springs, MO |
I fell and seriously injured my left shoulder. Dr Azzam and the SSM staff were able to see me right away. I was diagnosed with a serious rotator cuff tear. He was able to get me into surgery asap to repair my rotator cuff and other issues with that shoulder. Dr Azzam was very reassuring that I would be fine. He made me feel comfortable and at ease with the surgery and recovery that I was going thru. I am doing fantastic!! Would absolutely recommend Dr Azzam!!
in St Charles, MO |
From the moment of my initial visit Dr Azzam was interested and concerned about my knee injury and find the best way to fix it. Although I am not a big fan of surgery, Dr Azzam and his staff made everything go smooth and worry free. He took his time listening to me and caring for me. Highly recommend him, very knowledgeable and HE CARES!!!!!!
St Louis, MO |
I was extremely satisfied with my right shoulder recovery from surgery with Dr. Michael Azzam. I would recommend him to anyone having shoulder surgery!
in Fenton, MO |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Azzam. He got me in to see him very quickly (when other doctors were taking up to one and a half months to see me. He is very knowledgeable and did an excellent job repairing my shoulder. I would definitely refer him to family and friends and I would see him again if needed.
in Collinsville, IL |
Dr.Azzam saw me for a recurrent injury on my right shin. He was personable and listen to my concerns attentively. I wasn't rushed through my appointment. X-rays were done and read right in the office. I left my first appointment with a diagnosis and plan for physical therapy. The doctor was informed of the latest technology that proved instrumental in my healing process. I totally recommend Dr. Azzam.
in Fenton, MO |
I saw Dr. Azzam by chance the first time Nov of 2016 for a broken ankle. I didn't need surgery for that fall and he assured me that I would heal up nicely, which I did. Not three months later, I tripped off the porch while not paying attention and this time needed surgery on my ankle. I was confident in his assessment and what I needed. Surgery was a breeze everything healed perfectly. I recommend him highly. His great personality, a definite plus!
in House Springs, MO |
Dr Azzam was very friendly and informative. He explained my injury and how he would repair my wrist. He also got me scheduled quickly so the surgery could be completed before the end of the year. He always answered all of my questions. When I had a CT scan he called me the same day with the results and his plans for treatment. Everyone in his office was friendly and courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Azzam.
Fenton, MO |
I was having shoulder pain and feared I may need surgery. Dr. Azzam performed a thorough exam, and ordered x-rays that I was able to obtain in his office that day. He reviewed the x-rays and explained no need for surgery at this time, and recommended we start with an injection and therapy. The injection relieved my pain and I started therapy the following week. A BIG THANK YOU to Dr. Azzam and his team for taking great care of me. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
in Manchester, MO |
I thought Dr. Azzam was very personable and professional. He did a very thorough exam of my knee and excellent surgery. His follow up on my condition was great.
Fenton, MO |
Dr. Azzam was excellent! He took the time to listen when others did not, performed my surgery, and now I am pain free and my quality of life has returned. Dr. Azzam is an excellent physician I would recommend him to family and friends. As a healthcare manager I have the experience to know good quality care and I had no qualms about recommending that my primary care physician send his patients to Dr. Azzam should they need his services too.
in St Louis, MO |
I went to Dr Azzam for a broken wrist and a large hematoma on my right leg from an auto accident. He performed the surgery to drain the hematoma and found additional damage to the leg. He did not pretend to know everything, when it came to the health of the skin above the hematoma he sent me to a specialist because he wanted me to have the best care possible. There was never a wait for my office visits and the staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. I can't say enough about this doctor, great!
Fenton, MO |
I was sent to Dr. Azzam by my primary for a leg injury. What a fabulous experience. I was in and out in a reasonable time, was seen before my appointment time and got great medical advice.
in Imperial, MO |
I broke my wrist on road in icestorm. I seen this doctor told me specifically that i needed surgery right away to fix it. He was very kind and told me how long surgery was and how long out of work for. I would recommend him for any surgery that needs plates put into wrist, ankle, etc. If you need immediate surgery or think something is broke I would defintly drive to see him to get it done right the first time. He did very good job on my wrist and turned out the way he said it would.
in High Ridge , MO |
Amazing Doctor, helped me amazingly with my hurt ankle and was just friendly all around. Great Man.
in Eureka, Mo |
Dr. Azzam treated my son for a sports injury. He was supportive throughout the process and made sure we understood what was going on throughout. He listened to our concerns and was patient with us. We would highly recommend him to our friends and family.
Great work, thanks for your help!
in St Louis, MO |
He has a very caring demeanor and listened to everything I had to say.
in Benton, Illinois 62812 |
I would be so very happy to recommend Dr. Azzam to patients. I considered myself very fortunate to have had Dr. Ragain recommend that I go to him for my shoulder pain. He was very thorough, very thoughtful and considerate and took my feelings into consideration, as well as my age and health issues. Excellent young doctor. Cynthia Aiken
in Ladue, MO |
Dr. Azzam did a great job with my hip scope surgery! I had pain for months and was told by other doctors that it was a strained muscle. Dr. Azzam quickly diagnosed the problem and gave me various treatment options. My hip is feeling much better and I'm back to jogging. I would definitely come back to him in the future.
in Eureka, Missouri |
Very kind, professional and accommodating. I had 2 injections by Dr. Azzam and was prepared for everything he did and the results following. Would absolutely recommend to friends and family!!
in Fenton, MO |
I took my 10 year old son to Dr. Azzam for a sports related injury that he received on his left ankle. Dr. Azzam was great with him and made him feel very comfortable. My son left feeling confident in his treatment plan and much less nervous about his injury. We will definitely see Dr. Azzam in the future if the need arises!
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Azzam helped to see me through a non-compound fracture of my ulna. We elected to not have surgery and my ulna is now healed and feeling strong. I had a very positive experience with Dr. Azzam.
St. Louis, MO |
I got dropped by SLUCare because of my insurance. Which ended up being a blessing in disguise. I got a hold of Dr. Azzam on Monday, had an appointment to see him on Wednesday and surgery on Friday. He got me in Fast and did a great job. If you need any type of Orthopedic work go to him. You won't regret it. Dr. Azzam and his staff are first class.
in Kirkwood, MO |
Dr. Azzam did a great job with my knee surgery. I feel like I have my life back! He took time to explain what was wrong, and how we could fix it. Very happy.
in Wentzville, MO |
Dr. Azzam was very helpful with my shoulder surgery, and everything has healed quickly, and doing much better now. Would definitely recommend.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Azzam is a fantastic surgeon. He was able to fix my shoulder when other doctors said they couldn't do anything. He is compassionate and listened to what I had to say. I recommend him to everyone I know
Have you seen Dr. Michael Azzam, MD?

Visit Dr. Azzam

Dr. Azzam accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Azzam has admitting privileges