Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD

Sports MedicineMale

Dr. Auriemma
Telehealth services available
11200 Rockville Pike Ste 300 Rockville, MD 20852

Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Rockville, MD. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Auriemma to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD with other Sports Medicine Specialists near you

Dr. Auriemma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Auriemma

Dr. Auriemma

Michael Auriemma’s bedside manner was extreme poor. I made my first appointment over a month ago. I’ve had to come back to the office multiple times for further examination, each time I stressed I have time limitations. At first he encouraged me to come back for another office visit with an incentive he could refer me to a good PT for my condition. The last visit he was rude through out the visit. I expressed concern that I’m running out of time and he snapped I can just find a PT on my own. At the end, I was told I would get a call within 48-72 hours from him with final treatment recommendations. Nothing. I have to leave town soon without starting some type of treatment to address my chief complaint after paying for 4 doctors appointments and multiple imaging studies.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Very professional and willing to work with me to get back to athletic goals as quickly and safely as possible. Very personable.
Anonymous – Nov 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Dr. Auriemma is literally the BEST! The first day of me coming to ROSM for my appointment with him has been life changing in the most positive way! Dr. Auriemma listened to my concerns and worked intentionally to find out why my hip was causing me pain and discomfort, and once he found out, he provided me with all my solutions. I'm not happy that I had a hit injury, but I am blessed that I have him in my corner working to get me back to 100 percent. Since I began treatment with Dr. Auriemma my hip feels better everyday! He has been the ONLY person who has been able to help me uncover and provide heeling to my hip and I am forever grateful. I wish he could be my primary care doctor -- that's just how amazing he is.
Julia S. – Nov 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Great experience! I had amazing results using EPAT therapy for my severe tennis elbow. Dr. Auriemma is very thorough and has a wonderful bedside manner. He explains all options (surgical and non surgical) and gives accurate information on predicted outcomes and recovery time. I would highly recommend.
Jill F. – Nov 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Continued pain post surgery that has been fully resolved within a couple procedures and follow visit to confirm recovery
Matthew S. – Oct 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Dr. Auriemma has been fantastic. All of my visits have been centered around my goals, and he's taken significant time to explore various pros and cons of different treatment of approaches with me. When I've shown up with different concerns to an appointment, he's made time to hear them out and doesn't even give the slightest hint I've been disruptive. Highly recommend! (And all of the ROSM staff is super-friendly and kind).
A. H. – Oct 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Very grateful for Dr. Auriemma's expertise and candor in addressing my ongoing shoulder issues.
Tim S. – Oct 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Dr. Auriemma spent a great deal of time listening and explaining treatment options so we could determine the way forward. Provided PRP injections in office and stayed in close contact during my recovery and rehab. Great communication when I had questions weeks after the procedure. All is trending well and I am very confident I will be able to return to running.
Daniel B. – Sep 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Thorough explanation of the situation. A good listener.
Karen D. – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Dr. Auriemma used hydro-disection to detach scare tissue from muscle and skin following infection from breast cancer reconstructive surgery, enabling final stage surgery. He used a non-traditional procedure to remedy what is a surprisingly frequent outcome of breast reconstructive surgery, and to great effect. Michael's calm, reassuring manner and clear explanations at every step could get me through any medical procedure! I would come back to him willingly to remedy my next mishap!
Jo R. – Sep 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Dr. Auriemma is an incredible doctor. He has a wonderful bedside manner and was able to treat a chronic painful foot problem and I now enjoy an active lifestyle without pain. I am so grateful and highly recommend meeting with him for a consultation.
Michelle L. – Aug 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
I have dealt with hyper-mobility issues my entire life. It took me nearly 4 decades to identify what was happening and understand the mechanics of how this impacts my joints and movement. Dr. Auriemma is the first MD that I have ever met who understands deeply the condition of hyper-mobility. Not only is he knowledgeable and experienced in this matter, but he is also gifted in both his ability to explain AND his ability to listen. Further, he is gentle with his approach and mindful in all he does. I got my 2nd round (ever) of PGRF/PRP with him and, for the first time in 10 years, I can engage muscles and feel deep supported strength inside my core which I had nearly forgotten was a possibility. I feel stronger than ever and just SO grateful to have found Dr. Auriemma and ROSM because now I can be in my body and not be in chronic pain living with a constant fear of injury. It is amazing!! THANK YOU!!!!
Brittanie D. – Aug 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
I went to Dr. Auriemma with chronic, constant pain and was told that knee replacement was my only option. Dr. Auriemma was very fair and balanced in his diagnosis, and explained my chances of success with Lipogems if I proceeded. He did not push or sell his services, but gave me the information to make a decision. I decided to have the treatment, and followed his plan for post-treatment exactly. I am 2 months out, and haven't had pain for a few weeks. While it's difficult to say what will happen as I move forward, I am very pleased with my decision to postpone knee replacement. Dr. Auriemma is top notch in his bedside manner, knowledge, listening skills, and providing clear instructions and guidance. I am extremely pleased with my results so far, and with him as a doctor. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an alternative to surgery.
Jacqueline M. – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
The ROSM clinic and Dr. Auriemma take the time to make sure they build a relationship with their patients. They have the knowledge and expertise to give an accurate diagnosis but also have the ability and respect to explain the issue in a way that their patients will understand. Dr. Auriemma creates an environment that is safe so his patients feel comfortable asking questions and feel like they leave understand the exact issue and the next steps that will be taken to help better their quality of life. I am so thankful for Dr. Auriemma and the staff at the ROSM clinic. The field of medicine can be scary and some people that practice take advantage of their position and instead of helping they create larger issues. Dr. Auriemma is genuine and trustworthy. He will do his best to help his patients improve.
Nino D. – Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
I felt like the right amount of time and effort was spent understanding my issue, as well as ensuring I understood the relevant mechanics of my condition.
Justin M. – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Dr. Auriemma has spent two hours with me total over two appointments, and I never felt rushed or dismissed. His medical assistant, Shonda, is terrific and made me feel right at home. I had diagnostic ultrasound and injection, and I have scheduled PRP for April. I am one year post-op after a hip labrum reconstruction, and I am still feeling pain and limitations in movement, despite trying PT, dry needling, deep tissue massage, cupping, an acupuncture. I feel optimistic for the first time in over a year that I might get better.
Lori W. – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
All in all the experience was perfect. Very happy with the process.
Anonymous – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
I am very impressed with Dr. Auriemma 's expertise , diagnosis and his treatment plan. He was efficient and highly effective. He he treated my painful shoulder today as well as outlined options for short term and long term treatment plan contingent on follow up x-rays. Additionally he has an excellent doctor-patient care mannerisms. Thank you Dr. Auriemma , Joyce Gurevich-Uvena
Joyce G. – Dec 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
Friendly and knowledgeable staff and caring doctor. Scheduling was quick and there was ease in getting paperwork completed and time with the doctor. The doctor was on time including questions and addressing my concerns.
Carla R. – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?
The Dr. was very infomative and thorough. A pleasure to work with. I am looking forward to getting better. The Front desk staff was awesome as well. I love the envoirment.
E. C. – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Auriemma, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Auriemma?
Provider explaining information to patient