Dr. Michael Arata, MD

Integrative Medicine ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Arata

Arata Medical

4501 Birch St Ste A Newport Beach, CA 92660

Dr. Michael Arata, MD is an integrative medicine specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University Of California, San Francisco, School Of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in integrative medicine, vascular & interventional radiology, and more.

Dr. Arata accepts

Dr. Arata accepts the following insurance:

Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Arata treats your condition or procedure

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Concussion
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Nutritional Supplementation
  • Obesity Counseling
  • Peripheral Angioplasty
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Vertebroplasty
  • Wellness Coaching

Unlike traditional medicine, which views health problems as separate and unrelated conditions, functional medicine views these problems as symptoms of underlying imbalances in the body and  looks further "upstream" to id...

• Integrative Medicine

4.838709677419355%

Dr. Arata?
Dr. Arata's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Arata, MD
Dr. Arata is one of the most compassionate, caring and knowledgeable doctors that I have ever seen in my 45 yrs of life. He listens carefully and backs up all his advice with references/data. I appreciate his diligence to constantly educating himself with new information. Dr. Arata is stellar.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Literally saved my life. Turns out i had impaired drainage internal & external jugulars and mri/mrv showed multiple TIA's. Quite scarry for me. The internal jugulars were pinned between C2 and my styloid process. No real drainage, I was in deep trouble there was no way to treat the internals. I had 4 good teeth pulled as teen and jaw narrowed vs widened caused this problem. Over 2 years dentist restored space in jaw & now have 50% drainage vs zero! Dr. Arata is great. He found this complex issue
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Having driven 2hrs to see him after months of waiting for an appt. he spent 15 min listening to my symptoms and performed a QEEG and mailed us the results. He mis diagnosed she had Lyme (malaria) and said to try neurofeedback. His office staff was cold and focused on $. They never followed up to see how she was doing. They seemed so disinterested that I kept thinking the universe was keeping us away from him For a reason. A little compassion goes a long way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Compassionate team and formidable doctor. Dr. Arata listens, listens, listens and is committed to helping me win my life back. It’s hard finding a doctor you can trust - I wouldn’t go anywhere else. -Mindy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Dr. Arata seems to be primarily interested in selling me supplements and giving me life advice. I really did not find him helpful or useful in any way. I also found on the internet that he got in a bunch of trouble with the FDA. I would not recommend him at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
I sought out Dr. Arata several years ago for help with a chronic nerve abnormality I've had for many years. He performed a procedure on my neck that made my condition worse. I later came to discover that he was investigated by the FDA for this same procedure. I think it's abhorrent that he experimented on patients like me. It's hard for me to understand how a man like this is allowed to practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
I was recommended Dr. Arata by a friend. I have a chronic condition that I have had most of my adult life. I had hoped that he would be able to help me. Sadly he is the same as everyone else that I have been to. Lots of tests and pills and no real or long term benefit. It all sounds good in theory but ultimately he was not only unhelpful, but very disappointing given the promises he made to me but was unable to keep.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Dr. Arata is selling hope for profit. He has sold me a lot of supplements and subjected me to several procedures all to the tune of thousands of dollars. Throughout the course of treatment he has preyed on my fears of my condition worsening while at the same time pushing more and more at me. During my last visit with him it dawned on me that he has never not told me that I need to buy something else. I just really don't trust the man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
I drove along way to see Dr. Arata based on internet reviews. What a mistake. I have chronic gastrointestinal problems and I was recommended to see a functional medicine doctor. I ended up spending thousands of dollars with him and I found absolutely no improvement. When I asked him why there was no improvement he told me I needed to buy thousands of dollars more supplements and treatments. I really think he is running a scam.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Dr. Arata is absolutely amazing. We came from AZ just to see him so he could help my daughter with her POTS condition. He takes so much time in learning about each of his patient's so that he can put together a customized treatment plan. He is very knowledgeable and kind. He spoke to my daughter in a way that she could understand and she felt very comfortable with him. I have no hesitation recommending him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
I was very impressed by Dr. Arata and the thoroughness of my visit. Understanding the causes of disease and making lifestyle changes that will overcome root issues was the focus. I feel like he is a partner in taking control of my health. I am so grateful for his expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Dr Arata Literally changed my life for the better. While I know the TVAM treatment does not help everyone with MS, it did amazing things for me. I am still improving almost 6 months later and have a ways to go. I have no brain fog, that lifted during the procedure. I can stand on one foot, and my drop foot is so much better. It is amazing what blood flow to the brain can do for a person. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You Dr Arata! Lorraine Archer Fort Collins Colorado
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
He's a good Dr. But I just got a bill for $1,800 from visits a year and a half ago! It stated it was passed due and I never received the bill prior to this. He did help me figure out a diagnosis many other doctors missed which ultimately has lead me to switching to a specialist for treatment. I am so much better now because of his help figuring this out. But beware the billing Dept. Which is Unorganized!! I had no idea this bill was coming.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
HE is the biggest,most expensive waste of time.He continually wanted to conduct expensive tests that we already had results to.His office is incredibly hard to get a hold of and don't communicate effectively.I had a test done that cost about $200&I did not find out the test was discarded until 6 months later. I paid $175 for an out of office call 2 months in advance and he had the audacity to reschedule an hour before the call. $175 later, he was 30 minutes late and spent 17 minutes with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
I left one survey before my procedure and I wanted to leave anther one post procedure because I know, like me, there are those of you out there who are wondering if this really works, if this can really help YOUR life. I was so sick for so long and, as wife and mom who was barely functioning for years, I am truly AMAZED and THANKFUL for what I am experiencing in my body right now. I am very thankful for Dr. Arata and his staff, they have changed my life and the lives of our family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Day of procedure. He is Extremely through and extensive about where my health is currently! I have received information of what I need to change with my daily diet and exercise. I'm very excited about where I'm headed!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
I felt like he actually cared to listen to me. He reassured me on so many things! I found myself getting excited when I was listening to him explain things. He was intelligent but willing to dumb the information down to my level. His analogys were especially great. I feel very confident with my health for the first time in years. I look very forward to continuing on this journey of healing with him. Dr Arata is fantastic!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Very informative, helpful, insightful. Made me feel at ease. Took the time to discuss all our concerns in a clear and concise way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Arata, MD?
Very informative, broke everything down so that I could understand what he was talking about. Very knowledgeable and gave me hope.
Very knowledgeable.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Arata?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Arata treats patients.