Dr. Michael Amiri, MD

Practices Neurology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 2.5 after 57 reviews.
Author:
What a weird experience. I have never felt like running from a doctors office until yesterday. The office was filthy. I am not sure anyone cleans. The staff was not very friendly. Then I met Dr. Amari. His examination room was also filthy, he had a desk stacked with papers with coffee stains, old coffee cups, extra pairs of shoes and trash can overflowing with trash. He has ZERO bedside manor and basically gave me meds without really even knowing what was going on. He told me to take 3 different meds for migraines. When I questioned how we would know which of the meds was helping he just said “oh we’ll know”. What? It seems like he is over medicating which makes me wonder What kind of kick backs he is getting from pharmaceutical companies. I will not be not be going back. I should have known when I got in so quickly that it wasn’t going to be good.
Author:
Said that he was 99% sure that I did not have a tumor. Well the 1% outweighed the 99, there was a tumor. Dr. Amiri did order the MRI which revealed the tumor. This alone was the one positive thing that he did. MW-Charlotte, NC
Author:
Horrible bedside manner, horrible overall person. Rude pompous jerk. My 11 yo son was upset with this doctor by the time we left. This guy drilled my son, twisted his words, and asked questions he didn't understand but would get mad if we helped answer or corrected what the doctor was reading into these answers. He would not listen and said he does not care what anyone else says he will decide what's wrong. He tried to say it was psychological. We will NEVER go to him again. Avoid this guy. Staff were nice but not worth dealing with him.
Author:
Most terrible weird doctor I have ever met. Stopped seeing him after three visits. Did not care about me at all. You are all right, spread the word his bed side manor was the worst. Not to mention he is very weird. Made me really uncomfortable. The office is unclean, did not even attempt to change the bedding from former person laying on it!!!! GROSS.
Author:
Hands down the worst doctor Ive ever bee to (and I have been to a lot). Poor diagnostic ability- only knows what he knows. Absolutely atrocious bedside manor
Author:
Dr. Amiri was one of the most horrific providers in this area. I waited a very long time to see him after being seen multiple times at Urgent Care for my migraines & tension headaches which have been debilitating. Dr. Amiri has an unprofessional bedside manner. I was advised by one of the scheduling reps that he was one of the best at this practice, and that couldn't be further from the truth. What kind of doctor needs to dictate his note on a cell phone during patient time?
Author:
Dr. Amiri was very rude and condescending. Not only did we wait an hour and a half but when we got in there to see him he said both CT-A of brain and neck were negative. I had to step in and show him the radiology report for my CT-A of the neck where I have 65-70% stenosis of the internal carotid artery. He then said that that percentage of stenosis is not a big deal. Told me to come back in a year to re-check. Called my GP and explained, he said he wanted me in his office within 2 days.
Author:
Horrible bedside attitude; He'd rather hear himself talk than actually listen to your complaints. During follow ups, he had my history wrong and was demeaning. He said my family Dr was wrong, I was wrong and that the pain was psychological - despite the MRI he had in front of him. 3 months later, I'm about to undergo surgery for things he said didn't exist. Worst Dr experience of my life!
Author:
This is Mom's 3rd visit for restless leg syndrome. She had suffered for years & was ready to give up & die. Dr Amiri asked thoughtful questions & changed her meds. Her symptoms have completely gone away. This Is a miracle. Very knowledgeable. This visit she was having leg cramps and he prescribed a med for that. Bad reviews are likely from patients that do not want to take time to communicate. He has a soft voice. Can request that he not use recorder but does not bother Mom. Great doctor!!!!
Author:
Can't diagnose me I had 3 seizures almost 5 years ago and haven't had another since. He wants me on meds which I haven't been on in about 5 years. He is money hungry
Author:
Took my mother in law to see Dr Amiri. Her primary care physician wanted her to see a neurologist because of headaches she had been having. Since it would be 4 months before she could get an appointment with the neurologist she had seen 10 years ago she was sent to Dr Amiri, now I know why she got an appt so quickly! He was rude, condescending, no bed side manners whatsoever and what I can only describe as a bully!!
Author:
Boy am I glad that I waited to reserve judgment about Dr. Amiri until after we saw him. Dr. Amiri couldn't have been more opposite of the negative reviews. He spent a great deal of time with us and never made us feel rushed. He wanted to make sure he understood all symptoms and explained the condition in a very clear way. He did schedule appropriate tests so that we would have all the data necessary to make an informed decision and create a treatment plan.
Author:
My wife has many symptoms and doctors have been looking into her having MS. She went to see Dr. Amiri because we recently moved to NC and she needs new doctors. Out of all the many doctors she's had in the past I have never heard or seen a doctor treating her as bad as Amiri. He didn't want to listen to her, basically treated her like a dope addict that was fabricating her illness. She cried in his office because of how he was treating her and he could have cared less. Horrible doctor!
Author:
He is by far the most cold and uncomfortable Doctor I have ever visited. He prescribed me a bunch of medications I do not need. I only take one for my epilepsy, and he prescribed my two more with no questions asked. I keep him as my neurologist because his nurse practitioner, Betty, is amazing. I told the front staff that he makes me uncomfortable, and they allow me to see her only. I told them that I could not I would leave their facility. He is as bad as the ratings suggest. Do not see him
Author:
Dr. A has diagnosed and treated me properly for a condition - that took years of testing by another Dr but I got no answer before -until he helped me. Now I have relief and proper meds to relieve my symptoms do I cn live regularly again. Whew!