Neurology  |
Dr. Michael Amiri, MD
Dr. Michael Amiri, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Charlotte, NC. He is 51 years old. Dr. Amiri is affiliated with Novant Health - Presbyterian Medical Center, Carolinas Medical Center and Carolinas Medical Center - Mercy.

1900 Scott Ave

Charlotte, NC 28203

Learn about Dr. Amiri

Dr. Amiri's Experience

Dr. Amiri's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Ar Children's Hospital
  • University Of Ar College Of Med

Dr. Amiri has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Amiri does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Amiri and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Amiri's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Amiri to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Amiri's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
York, SC |
Horrible bedside attitude; He'd rather hear himself talk than actually listen to your complaints. During follow ups, he had my history wrong and was demeaning. He said my family Dr was wrong, I was wrong and that the pain was psychological - despite the MRI he had in front of him. 3 months later, I'm about to undergo surgery for things he said didn't exist. Worst Dr experience of my life!
Belmont, NC |
This is Mom's 3rd visit for restless leg syndrome. She had suffered for years & was ready to give up & die. Dr Amiri asked thoughtful questions & changed her meds. Her symptoms have completely gone away. This Is a miracle. Very knowledgeable. This visit she was having leg cramps and he prescribed a med for that. Bad reviews are likely from patients that do not want to take time to communicate. He has a soft voice. Can request that he not use recorder but does not bother Mom. Great doctor!!!!
in Lyndhurst, VA |
Can't diagnose me I had 3 seizures almost 5 years ago and haven't had another since. He wants me on meds which I haven't been on in about 5 years. He is money hungry
Concord, NC |
Took my mother in law to see Dr Amiri. Her primary care physician wanted her to see a neurologist because of headaches she had been having. Since it would be 4 months before she could get an appointment with the neurologist she had seen 10 years ago she was sent to Dr Amiri, now I know why she got an appt so quickly! He was rude, condescending, no bed side manners whatsoever and what I can only describe as a bully!!
Concord, NC |
Boy am I glad that I waited to reserve judgment about Dr. Amiri until after we saw him. Dr. Amiri couldn't have been more opposite of the negative reviews. He spent a great deal of time with us and never made us feel rushed. He wanted to make sure he understood all symptoms and explained the condition in a very clear way. He did schedule appropriate tests so that we would have all the data necessary to make an informed decision and create a treatment plan.
Charlotte |
Honestly the worst physician I've ever experienced in life. Rude, condescending, horrible bedside manor. Couldnt diagnose me but worse, his attitude was awful! I never write reviews but this was too important not to. I left in tears multiple times but was subsequently diagnosed by a much better neurologist.
in Concord, NC |
My wife has many symptoms and doctors have been looking into her having MS. She went to see Dr. Amiri because we recently moved to NC and she needs new doctors. Out of all the many doctors she's had in the past I have never heard or seen a doctor treating her as bad as Amiri. He didn't want to listen to her, basically treated her like a dope addict that was fabricating her illness. She cried in his office because of how he was treating her and he could have cared less. Horrible doctor!
Charlotte, NC |
He is by far the most cold and uncomfortable Doctor I have ever visited. He prescribed me a bunch of medications I do not need. I only take one for my epilepsy, and he prescribed my two more with no questions asked. I keep him as my neurologist because his nurse practitioner, Betty, is amazing. I told the front staff that he makes me uncomfortable, and they allow me to see her only. I told them that I could not I would leave their facility. He is as bad as the ratings suggest. Do not see him
in SC |
Dr. A has diagnosed and treated me properly for a condition - that took years of testing by another Dr but I got no answer before -until he helped me. Now I have relief and proper meds to relieve my symptoms do I cn live regularly again. Whew!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Amiri, MD?
Are you Dr. Amiri?