Neurology  |
Dr. Michael Ament, MD
Dr. Michael Ament, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Denver, CO. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Ament is affiliated with St. Anthony Hospital.

255 Detroit St # 100

Denver, CO 80206

Learn about Dr. Ament

Cherry Creek Neurology and The Ament Headache Center were created to provide you with the Medical Care you deserve: prompt, available, compassionate expertise.  Don't be just another number in the system.  Get personalized and caring treatment from a Neurologist who listens.

Dr. Ament's Experience

Dr. Ament's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lower Half Headache
  • Mild Headache
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscle Contraction Headache
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Visual Field Defects

• Botox® Injection
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Nerve Blocks

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Princeton University
  • University of Colorado Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Duke University, Fuqua School Of Business
    Other Education | Completed 1991
  • National Outdoor Leadership School (Nols)
    Other Education | Completed 1989

Dr. Ament has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ament does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ament and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ament's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ament to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Ament's Performance
Boulder, CO |
I have had excellent care from Dr. Ament over several years. Dr. Ament was the first neurologist that I saw (after two others) that was able to accurately diagnose my pain as a particular type of neuralgia. My symptoms were not typical, but Dr. Ament was able to see through to find the right diagnosis that led me to better pain management and ultimately surgery to fully address the issue. Dr. Ament is a good listener, offers thoughtful and reasonable approaches and always answers all my question
Not only have we not made a dent in my daily migraines, but Dr. Ament treats me somewhere between a child and a mental patient Once he told me it was "not smart" to take more triptans while simultaneously handing me more triptan samples. After arguing, I was so confused I started crying. He then called in an employee to watch me cry "to see if he was making sense." Then he proceeded to tell me I needed a therapist and that he could refer me to one. I've never felt so humiliated and degraded.
in Littleton, CO |
Dr Ament is very thorough, professional and a GREAT neurologist.
in Arvada, CO |
Thought this MD would be good Neurologist and a specialist in Migraines. He was nice at appt, but I see why he gets so low ratings: I called him after my visit with some real concerns, and questions, got abrupt, claimed I was trying to tell him how to practice. He did not respond to my reasoning although I am a highly educated nursing professional and expert in my own pain and experience. He just was like "this is how were handling this, I'll refund your money, good-day", and hung up on me!!
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Ament is a great Neurologist. After seeing him for auto accident related issues, I know I'm on the right track to getting back to normal. I really like the way he listens and how he establishes a group of physicians to help in the recovery process. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is having issues following head trauma. Thanks, Dr. Ament!
in Broomfield, CO |
Dr. Ament helped me so much. Long story short, with his help, I have gone from passing out and having stroke-like symptoms with migraines several times a month to having less than 10 a year. I used to take Excedrin at least four times a week, and I am down to only about one time. He has truly changed my life!
Aspen, CO |
I have been a severe migraine sufferer with over 15 migraines a month for several decades. Needless to say, I have been many places and tried many things seeking relief. I was very impressed with Dr Ament's knowledge, caring and follow though. He took quite a long time talking to me to understand the specifics of my issue and did offer off-the-shelf solutions for protocols that would have benefitted his business. Ultimately, we ended up with a very sensible plan of action
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Ament was wonderful for my first visit but it fell apart the second. I drive a long way to see him and he was 45 min late. He forgot who I was and forgot why I was there. Then he advised me to do something I already told him I didn't want to do. I figured that everyone has a bad day and I called to convey some information to him and asked him to call me back. That was a few months ago and he never called me back (maybe he forgot who I was again).
in Thornton,co |
Worst Doctor I've seen. He does everything in the office himself including scheduling and insurance. Cold, cocky and wants cash. When he found out my insurance changed he dropped me and would not return my phone calls. My new neurologist tried to get records sent over from him 3 times and he would not even respond to them. I would not recommend Dr. Ament.
in Louisville, CO |
I've been seeing Dr. Ament for over a year now and I must say that he is one of the best doctors I've ever had. I can tell that he really cares helping me reach the highest level of health possible. He is extremely thorough and very knowledgeable. He has a good bedside manner and his office is run very efficiently. He really takes the time to try and find the underlying cause of your head pain/neurological problems. I totally trust Dr. Ament.
in Littleton, CO |
I had an excellent initial consult. He took the time to listen and really heard what I was saying.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Ament, MD?
Are you Dr. Ament?