Dr. Michael Amaro, MD

Dr. Michael Amaro, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·

Dr. Michael Amaro, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Houston, TX and has been practicing for 36 years. He specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, gynecology, and more.

Michael Amaro, MD

12121 Richmond Ave Ste 203

Houston, TX 77082

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Community Health Choice
  • Community Health Network
  • Humana Health Plan of Texas
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Texas Children's Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Amaro

See how frequently Dr. Amaro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoporosis Screening
Dilation and Curettage
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Amaro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Amaro "Peace, Love & Prenatal Care We are a group who wants to be a part of a wonderful experience you are going through. We truly care for each patient like they are a part of our own family."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Southern Illinois University At Edwardsville
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Baylor University

Dr. Amaro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Amaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Amaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Amaro's Reviews

2.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Amaro to family and friends

Dr. Amaro's Performance

GOOD

Would give less stars if I could. This doctor refuses to talk to patients over the phone about any issues. He refuses to renew prescriptions, even for just one month until you can get in to see him. It doesn't matter if it causes you to lapse on your medications. The front desk staff is...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
the staff is rude, dr. was an hour late. The nurse stated that him being late was the "usual". he never spoke when he finally walked in.. Searches for my babies heartbeat for literally 30 seconds and says "yep I don't hear one" walks out and we wait for another 45 minutes for an ultrasound. I look...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Amaro is excellent at listening to your needs and concerns. He is the kind of Doctor that takes that time to ask how you are doing? Every visit is pleasant and the staff are friendly. I have been seeing Dr. Amaro for more than 8 years. He is a cool dr. I highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
The most terrible experience. On my very first time meeting him he walked in the room said his name and told me to lay down and open my legs. Didn't explain what he was doing didn't ask me if I had questions or concerns, didn't even attempt to smile or make small talk. I will never be back. I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Throughout my pregnancy I got to see Dr Amaro only twice! He doesn't spend enough time with the patient after a looong wait (40 minutes +) and he doesn't listen to your questions or gives you a chance to ask. I wouldn't recommend this Dr. He was on leave when I gave birth and I had no Dr to take...more
Are you Dr. Amaro?